Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
Ship pops out of the window in Jake's pocket, flies straight through his chest and hits Jane, killing both. Meteor crashes into Derse and obliterates it.

Calling it now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Ark
May 16, 2010

I'm guessing the delay is half from making all these giant double/quadruple-size pages and the writing involved, and the other half is working on the next flash which is going to be the capstone to all this buildup of the kids finally arriving.

At least, that's what I hope it is. :allears:

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Hey, Roo, this is off-topic, but is there a way I can contact you privately? I don't have PMs and wanted to ask you something.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

It's not a ring, it's a C. He's writing his name on the moon the Furthest Ring using lasers.

He's only going to get to the third letter, though.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

I'm thinking the point of this is giving characterization to Lord English and why the whole killed-sister-using-sburb thing hosed him up so humongously and turned him into a monster.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

quote:

ARANEA: No charm is specifically tied to procre8tion, though any type of relationship could 8egin waxing concupiscent if lady luck should so decide. Certain charm com8in8tions are known to 8e more conducive to fertility than others. If the leprechaun pair has 8een so 8lessed, they will 8egin an ela8orate coupling procedure culmin8ting in a lively m8ting jig. The jigs are specific to the charms of course, similar to how different kinds of music lend themselves to various styles of dance.

So that means when Clover was doing that little jig to Spades Slick... :stonk:

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Fucknag posted:

Speak for yourself, I'm constructing my Shipping Tesseract as we speak.

Shipping hypercube. :getin:

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Bobulus posted:

This has nothing to do with today's updates, but I'm relistening to the latest bandcamp album and I swear in The Lordling, among all the various *annoying laughs* is Maplehoof neighing.

Mark my word, all this horse stuff is going to pay off someday.

A couple of them are the Banana fairy laughs from Donkey Kong 64.

Why do I know this. :eng99:

President Ark
May 16, 2010

DaveKap posted:

I probably spent entirely too long on an avatar nobody is going to buy, but I don't care. It's the first time I used the content-aware fill tool on a final product!

AT: sEE YOU LATER, sHITLORDS,

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Oh my goodness, Aradia's making the best face here.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Dorroile posted:

At some point today, my Jane pin fell off my bag and i have no idea where the gently caress it is.

So it's pretty likely that Jane's gonna die soon, because that seems ominous. Pins don't just fuckin' FALL OFF.

You'll find it when you step on it and it embeds itself into your foot, don't worry.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Oh my god.

OH MY GOD.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Happy backwards pi day, everybody! :toot:

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Color Printer posted:

Her eyes were white when she disguised as Callie Opheee when she didn't want to show Roxy her true self. When she was a cherub, her eyes were black.

They look kinda empty. I wonder if that's how Cherub eyes are when they're dead. Considering Lord English has cueball eyes and not actual eyes, I'm wondering if Lord English being Already Dead is going to be an actual thing.

Maybe that's how he's so indestructible. :v:

That...

... makes a surprising amount of sense. :stare:

President Ark
May 16, 2010

The premise of Paranatural is the blonde dude tries to be a huge overdramatic anime coolguy but really he's just a huge dork and he gets owned by everyone all the time.

I guess there's a plot that happens sometimes but really that's why I read it.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

huh, hussie's left handed.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

also

President Ark posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc

That's really all there is to say on the matter.

Also, I believe the huss stated act 7 will be an epilogue, so I doubt the LE fight will be in that.

called the anticlimax 4 and a half years ago motherfucker

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Hope died in act six a long time ago.

And I mean that literally. Remember how Jake's dream self was murdered in his sleep by peanuts? What was the point of that anyway? Did that plot-line ever go anywhere?

it was probably showing how far off the rails their session had already gone before anyone had even entered

President Ark
May 16, 2010

also she's immortal now because jack noir breaking her god tier clock with the juju crowbar remained a thing even after john changed everything

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Attestant posted:

I used to like Homestuck, but I hate almost everything that happened to it after Act 5.

yeah, most of my problems with it were act 6 stuff

one of them could only really have been avoided in retrospect (all the giant pauses ruined the pacing, but apparently a lot of that was dealing with the fallout from the kickstarter, including the first company they got to make the game pissing away most of their money) but i honestly think they could've cut 95-100% of the troll ancestor dreambubble poo poo with very little lost

it ties into a problem with the ending - homestuck seemed to be building up LE as the ultimate villain and while he kind of is he's always been kind of tangental to the story - like, sure he's this existential threat, but never the main focus and there's always been other poo poo. a lot of the troll ancestor poo poo boiled down to "seeing in the afterlife how LE was loving poo poo up" so removing them also keeps LE relegated to a mostly-existential threat instead of something that everyone is now expecting will be The Thing What Dies At The End, when really the vast majority of the story was about these other forces (jack noir, the empress, etc) being shits

i get why meenah may have been necessary (giving indirect characterization to the empress in the same way the felt intermission was indirect characterization to bec noir) and aranea did sort of have an effect on the plot but you could've cut the other 10 and the whole "oh hey there's an infinite number of dead kids and trolls out here too" thing wholesale and lost nothing

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Mazerunner posted:

I mean I agree mostly, but the dancestors besides Aranea and Meenah already were completely extraneous. They were limited to three walk arounds (+ background filler I guess) but then vanished. They had some ok gags, but the story never expected you to care about their stupid plights and feelings or give a poo poo about them, really. At most they provided a little bit of insight into some other characters we do care about. Which is what you said, but, uh, I dunno. Just everyone talks about them like they were this huge thing, when they actually really weren't?

Like everyone goes 'oh another twelve assholes to remember?" but no, you can forget about them immediately and not be worse for it. They're like... comparable to all the salamanders in some of John's walk-arounds. Except less funny. And with more words.

So still terrible and unneeded and awful, but not for the reason everyone complains about.

So yeah you could cut them, and not lose anything, but keeping them (in their very limited role) is not really this big deal.

The infinite number of dead kids I think is very important thematically, because there's this tension of 'you're dead/not the alpha/not the real one, therefore irrelevant' and those characters coming to terms with that or fighting against it, or like, Dave's entire character arc, but yeah probable that could have been handled better? I have no idea how, though.

my point was that they distracted from the plot and, along with the kickstarter poo poo, caused the pacing in the last act to be completely off

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I love the little troll Jade with ears tied to her horns with string. And the dead Dave in first place.

I wonder how the kids react the first Halloween when they see actual kids dressed up as the legends of their own lives? It's got to be weird going "awwww... it's a little Caliborn. And a Condesce. How nice."

uups, sorry, hotlinked.

troll dressed as jade is adorable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Ark
May 16, 2010

i'm just going to post the twitter thread where i had homestuck thoughts because i'm lazy

https://twitter.com/President_Ark/status/1119767510017105922