Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

:33 < APEX PURREDATOR
I cannot stop listening to Iron Infidel or get it out of my head. I am such a sucker for pretty harmonies, and when you add in the actual meaning of the song my brain just kinda melts.

Teal Seer, Violet Prince, Fuchsia Witch, and Temporal Shenanigans are also pretty great, plus Olive Rogue of course. :33

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

...I like Goblins a lot. :( I'm preeeeetty sure that most of the things you're complaining about are in the minority of the comic's attention.

I have something of a hard time keeping up with GC and all the random things that seem to just happen. I guess I haven't done an archive binge in quite a while but I have trouble figuring out what the point is of pretty much anything.

All in all it's more of a matter of taste, I suppose?

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

Kit Walker posted:

Gunnerkrigg Court is one of those comics that you have to actually read all the way through. You can't skip between arcs or skim pages. Tom Siddell is an excellent writer and makes use of his pages.

As for what the point is, well, that's sort of part of the mystery. There is intrigue between the Court and the Woods, both of which are enigmas in their own way. Antimony is a medium of sorts and the comic is kind of a mash-up between the daily lives of the characters living in the Court and the weird poo poo that constantly lurks in the edges. The plot unfolds slowly, answers often opening the way to new questions. If you're not a fan of mysteries then Gunnerkrigg probably isn't for you, but it's an excellent read and the art style is gorgeous.

Edit: Also GC is apparently currently losing to Goblins what the poo poo.

I've been reading Gunnerkrigg for about four years now, every MWF. I guess I just never got into it like you did. :shobon:

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

loquacius posted:

So, uh, is it just me or does the segment of Ohgodcat from roughly 1:30 until roughly 2 minutes in feature a minor variation on the main riff from Centerfold? That was pretty unexpected :psyduck:

e: referring of course to the immortal masterpiece written by musical genius J R.R. Geils

e2: man I never actually watched that video before and it is so bad

I tried to think of a joke involving the actual lyrics of the song and GCAT but it made me feel dirty inside. :(

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

The mood discontinuity inherent in anything Squiddle-related makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. :3: It's for kids, guys! But don't forget about the horrorterrors!

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

Scratch-O posted:

Where'd you get that version of the shop music? It's really good.

http://www.zreomusic.com/

Here would be my guess.

Edit: Yep, just found it; it's the Shop theme from the "gold" OoT album at the bottom of the page. Lots of other good stuff there, too.

Rose Spirit fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Apr 17, 2012

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

Sorry to derail from the Tavrischat here, but I'm doing another reread of MSPA and just caught this: the first panel of the flash in her eye is the Light sunburst when she "tries harder" to mentally control John.

Not really important or anything that I can tell, just a little bit of fun foreshadowing that I hadn't noticed before. :)

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

Is Jack actually still going to be crazy-powerful now that the Green Sun is destroyed? Sure he still has the power of the four-times prototyped chess lords, but I'm not sure that's enough to stand up to the alien fish Hitler powers we're seeing now.

(Unless I missed something else, not far enough in my most recent read-through...)

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

Color Printer posted:

Ummmmm did you not get what happened in Cascade? Pretty much the exact opposite happened. The Green Sun is very much alive and very much un-destroyed.

Apparently no, no I didn't. :downs: Nevermind~~~

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

H.P. Shivcraft posted:

Unlike Spades and Snowman, this burgeoning :s: between Jack and WQ will pay off when they use their respective genetic material to make little gray babies that grow up to be UU/uu. UU takes after the mother, uu after the father.

There is no way this will be what actually happens, but still.

Never say never. Just remember TavrisSprite.

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

life_source posted:

Basically, there does not seem to be any real constants in Skaia. B2 here doesn't even have the Kings and no Black Queen! Just as easily there could be no Jack in certain sessions, or by some awkward (player instigated) series of events, White could win over Black.

Isn't it a universal constant that Black always wins over White? That's what starts the Reckoning in the first place, excepting most void sessions, I guess, where there's a permanent stalemate. Have we been told of any other way to avoid the Reckoning?

:shobon:

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

Brain ghost memory splinter Dirk is my new favorite. :allears:

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

Indie Rocktopus posted:

My pet theory has long been they'll somehow trick him into incarnating in Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff's universe (the Hellaverse, if you will), and he'll fall down an endless flight of stairs for the rest of eternity.

:sbahj: "where doing this man. where MAKING THIS HAPEN."
"HOW CAN WHERE BE MAKING THIS HAPEN... WHEN I AM ALREADY WHERE?"

...or something like that.

"I CANT WAIT TO BE A USELESS PIECE OF poo poo ALL DAY AND KILL ALL THESE CHARACTERS"

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

Yeah Man posted:

Hussie is already dead.

I was trying to make it refer to LE, but I guess he hasn't killed anyone... yet.

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

Hussie please update on my birthday. You have an hour and a half left. :ohdear:

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

PublicOpinion posted:

If it does that, Green Mile is hardly an appropriate name.

It'd obviously be Green Acres.

The acre is a unit of area, while the mile is a unit of distance...

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

FronzelNeekburm posted:

*gargbage

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

Last few days' updates: :haw: :haw: :haw:

Today's update: :haw: :haw: :saddowns:

I'm pretty sure I literally made the saddowns face at the last panel.

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

This update makes me really miss chess. Haven't played seriously since middle school. :(

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

Am I the only one that can't get enough of the a cappella "I'm a Member of the Midnight Crew"? :shobon: Favorite album is either coloUrs and mayhem B (just so many good tracks on that one) or Squiddles!, because who doesn't love listening to children's songs about adorable sea creatures becoming unspeakable horrorterrors? :downs:

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

Happened to be watching a PBS special this evening, am I crazy in seeing a resemblance in UU to Australopithecus afarensis more than a human skull? Mostly the prominent jaw and cheekbones, I guess.

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

Glory of Arioch posted:

Yeah, that's why I think LOMAX is gonna be Jake's land. It's like "LOLCAT" for Nepeta -- an acronym that is thematically associated with the character's interests or themes.

HOW DID I NOT NOTICE THIS UNTIL NOW

I've also always heard "kall-i-oh-pee" for both the muse and the instrument, so v:v:v

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

Does it mean I'm the slowest person ever that I just noticed Gamzee's hat and potions under the table?

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

Why was Lil' Cal falling into the ocean one of the parts that affected me most? I was just like "NOOOO LIL CAL" Also Jane you better do that life-y thing DO IT :ohdear:

I should really get some sleep... it was so worth the wait, though.

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

Kakumei posted:

I still haven't read PS and I've been following Homestuck since Hivebent.

Is it really worth it, at this point?

Always.

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

I keep checking the bandcamp but the music isn't up yet :ohdear:

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

Bongo Bill posted:

I find it interesting that we constantly hear of countless other, typical, successful or failed sessions carried out by all manner of alien, but all we have ever seen are humans, trolls, and now cherubs, whose sessions are all in some way atypical. I wonder to what extent we're just assuming there are others, or, if that assumption is correct, why they've never been contacted even in the afterlife.

They're still inside the game session, right? My personal guess is that this persists even after they've "died". Eventually they will outright win or lose... and then they'll be back in their homes, physically the same, everything in their homes as they've left it, Narnia-style. But then there's this new game installed on their computers that looks an awful lot like Sburb, though... different somehow - like a whole new universe to play around in.

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

Bobulus posted:

But "It was all a dream..." is such a lame ending. :(

True, I guess I've just got the SBURB Glitch FAQ on my mind. :shobon: Hussie set out to create the ultimate creation story, after all, what better way to mess with his fans than to make it all meaningless in the end?

... Now I'm depressing myself :negative:

Bongo Bill posted:

Losing means no new universe is created, so how could a failed session's players find themselves in it?

I guess I should have clarified that they only get the new universe if they win? :shrug:

Gnome de plume posted:

There are only ever too many Daves when they are dead Daves. And dead Daves are the enemy.

The dead Dave pile doesn't stop from getting taller.

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

I'm getting two "zones" with loading times, original flash and beach. Once I reach Dave it seems to be a dead end. Anyone know if there's anything after that?

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

President Ark posted:

Go directly south of the guy you spoilered, there's a path that blends with the southern border of the wall.

THANK YOU.

THIS WALKAROUND MIGHT BE THE BEST WALKAROUND, I AM NOT SURE.

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

I

for crying out loud, Hussie, how do you make EVERY new character better than the last??

I also find it interesting/amusing that Kankri is in fact oblivious to the fact that he's mentioning trigger warnings in some cases after he's already said the potentially triggering thing. He can't even check his own privilege :allears:

Mazerunner posted:

edit: I restarted because I was having some trouble with the songs only playing once then cutting out, but did anyone else find the hidden ledge that Hussie jumps off? Right at the start. Anyway I might be wrong but its got a view into the furthest ring and it looks like you can see Jane's planet off in the distance? Thoughts?

Found it, it didn't lead to anything else, did it?

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

Porrim is just the loving best.

Literally! :mmmhmm:

Rose Spirit fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Aug 31, 2012

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

Regy Rusty posted:

Sollux - Minuta (? I'm not sure that one was right)

Mituna, I think? I thought I remembered it because there's a "two" sound in there. Anyone have potential sources or meanings for these names?

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

Kickstarter-watching: the newest up-and-coming spectator sport.

Now I just have to figure out how much money to throw at Hussie since the cheap Snoutpaks are gone :ohdear:

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

New incentives added! I was wondering why only the trolls' stickers were available.

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

I asked my current set of tarot cards what the consequences of my life would be if I went ahead and got the Homestuck tarot deck.

I'm preeetty sure the answer was "it does not even remotely matter, focus on your real life, stupid".

So I upped my pledge! :dance:

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

INCREDIBLY minor realization here:

pre:
        Pre-Scratch Post-Scratch
Kids:   Beta        Alpha
Trolls: Beforus     Alternia

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

Anyone else getting a Phineas Gage vibe from Mituna?

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

Midnight Raider posted:

Given how Jack's facing the untorn Slyph of Space banner now, I wonder if he's going to dwell on that at all, or just move on through the castle.

Kanaya is the Sylph of Space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

^^^ I think your way is better but mine is cheaper.

Technique posted:

So, album question here. Is Colours and Mayhem: Universe B any good? I've taken a brief listen to a few tracks on it on Bandcamp, but it really doesn't seem anywhere near as amazingly great as Universe A is. (which is really amazingly great.) Are there any standout tracks on it that i missed, or is just kind of boring?

It's personally one of my favorite albums; check out Emerald Terror, Squiddle Song, and Pipeorgankind. I don't think you'll be disappointed.