Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Pyroi posted:

So, Hussie just tweeted this.

oh my god

Kory Bing...
Kory Bing...
KORY BING

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Plom Bar posted:

That IS better. SBAHJ loses a lot without Comic Sans as well. It's weird how shittiness compounds to make something beautiful.

I believe it is more the lack of innovation in the art of trying to be lazy with art, like how Hussie screenshot a frame after it had already been JPEG'd and kept the MSPaint GUI visible.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

pandaK posted:

"After nine years in development, we hope it's been worth the wait."

pffhahaa

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
oh hey its over

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
karkat deserved better

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i know it was the point that he never needed to do anything super important or majestic, but i wanted that to happen.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
You guys are loving stupid.
Dorroile I know I told you you're loving horrid but this is a new low.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
karkat and vriska were my favourite characters and im not a fan of their arc endings

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
so the extra comic hussie wrote for the side comic thing got leaked and its a bit underwhelming, equius barely says anything.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
its a link on the latest news post

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
These past few pages have been unquestionable garbage and the cherry on top, the guy who writes enraged essays for a doctorate in theoretical faggotry at harvard is so far up the spectrum hes invisible to the naked eye, not to loving mention the interlude where people earnestly argued about the heteronormative whatever tendencies of the weird alien romance webcomic, in between bouts of unironic fanfiction. What in the loving hell is wrong with you people

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Doomed timelines and dream bubbles were a verybad idea i think

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Also oh yeah all the characters we cared about and spent years reading about are dead and are replaced with slightly different versions of themselves due to johns retcon magic

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Yeah dont get me wrong karkat and in a different way dave waxing philosophical about their self worth and the meaning of death was neat but it robs a lot of impact from stuff such as character deaths, which would have made revivals, like equius or nepeta, a lot more uhh cathartic?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
someone said that blood thing wasnt explored and while it could have gone further, it is explained in that it means something like "blood brothers" or the uniting people. sjw karkat ancestor was seer of blood, so when the scratch occurred, he could remember his beforus peace timeline and started uniting everyone as the sufferer. Karkat did this too with the 12 characters from hivebent. Vriska even commented that he was a good leader, maybe too good of a leader; he got everyone to work together and joined the teams, in an action that ran counter to what their society demanded, and that it might have stunted their growth resulting in the hosed up session. i dont understand how the whole knight thing was supposed to be used in karkats case (weaponizing his friends? uhhh what) but then again that whole nonsense was always intentionally vague so people could fill in the blanks

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
I didnt say it was good or bad, just answering that guy that the blood thing was in the comic even explained by i think longwinded vriska
E: i think doc scratch makes a guess about it too? Idk iys been literal years

ArfJason fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Jun 19, 2016

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
They are the best characters so of course one of them is dead and replaced with a version that ends up irrelevant and the other is dead and replaced by a version that learned nothing at all from her mistakes
Man this ending is acually kind of a bummer

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Tunicate posted:

>No

I'm sorry, I don't understand that response.
Are the kids and trolls even responsible for their own fates and actions if reality wouldn't allow itself to proceed unless they did what it wanted?

he means something that the comic itself touches on i cant remember when: is there really any agency if the slightest deviation from sburbs intended destiny creates a doomed timeline?

yet another reason why doomed timelines were a bad narrative idea imho

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Not sure if i said it here but i agree with that guy, the better parts were when characters bounced off of each other in funny dialogue. Karkat or vriska just talking to people was fun. Equius too

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Yeah, you're really not going to get to ever see Karkat get over the self hating a little bit and step up as the Actually Okay Leader he was and finally contribute.

this is loving disheartening

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
it seems more heavily alluded to being a messiah like figure.
nevertheless, it feels like a very strange denouement to the guy who was deuteragonist for so long to not do anything on the climax, deluding himself after beating a loving gnome or whatever, and then bumbling his way into leadership.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i think i posted already about it, im not sure now, but yeah, his thing is coming to terms with not being strong or a warrior or unimportant, or whatever. It was built up but despite that, it feels sad that his one chance to do something marginally useful, especially for one that was a protagonist for so long, is pretty much denied. That doesn't mean actually killing anything, like he said, if he could save someone from death that's gravy. I just hoped he'd be more relevant.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
eh, whatever, it doesnt matter, the real karkat died a long time ago.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Plom Bar posted:

Literally Karkat's backstory is being the second coming of The Sufferer, a spiritual leader raised by a virginal mother who was tortured and killed for preaching the virtues of peace, whose arrival on their planet would herald the end of days, but sure THAT conversation is what established him as a messianic figure

HMM, MAYBE WHEN I WAS TALKING ABOUT ALLUSIONS TO A MESSIANIC FIGURE I PROBABLY MEANT THAT EXACT PART WHERE ITS A PLAY BY PLAY OF THE loving BIBLICAL MYTHOS OF LORD AND SAVIOUR JESUS CHRIST, NOT THE OFF HAND CONVERSATION THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THAT.
FUNNY YOU MENTION IT

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i swear, what with the eager fanfiction consumption and poo poo like this, you guys might be legally retarded

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
where did i use that post to support my argument, it was to highlight how sad his arc got. i hadnt even mentioned jesus until later, when a guy mentiones karkat becomes a king or whatever

they are two entirely different posts how are you this loving dense

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
*arfjason links to a scenic painting*
mr post guy: Ah, what a nice painting, shame hitler then went on to become a vicious man, could have used his talents for that instead of becoming a kaiser.
me: It's fuhrer. And yeah, it sucks. To be honest, the german people should have not been swayed by him, and shouldnt have turned a blind eye to the atrocities committed during the nazi dictatorship.
cool homestuck man: Well, first, those are acrylics. Second, how is that painting of a house supporting your thesis here?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
It was an allusion to the character of karkat vantas, who overreacts in all caps

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Next time you try to be snide try to make sure youre not misunderstanding i guess!

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
how is an allusion roleplaying.

are you feeling alright dude

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
talking in a thick austrian accent to joke with a friend = writing the next exciting chapter in slash fiction of the terminator vs predator

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
I feel that its beyond fixing with a simple epilogue unfortunately

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
yeah it had its moments

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Yeah, Vrisky Business leaked online about a month ago and I read it then.

I gotta say though I didn't really like it as much as you seem to Plom Bar. I thought it was too short and kind of "meh".

it doesnt really reveal much we didnt know i think. she has a monologue about how she hates having lived with the spider guardian and envies terez's happier life. this all turns out to be some bloodloss delirium. Equius fixes her arm. I guess, i thought it was fine. Nice freakout and nice art. This guy has done some other one before right?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
yes i can tell andrew hussie wrote homestuck

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
checked the other comic. Equius is great, as is Karkat. Terezi I've kinda not cared much for her near the end, but she used to be cool. Good stuff

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i particularly disliked how in some parts near the end everyone was super chunky and round built because steven universe aids

guest art was alright otherwise

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

WAR FOOT posted:

we're in the homestuck thread, we're all hosed up weirdos

:agreed:

stephen universe inspired art is the new rudolph noses

is that what colored noses in all that tumblr poo poo was oh rudolph the reindeer, nevermind. but yeah, i really hated that too, even though the art in calliope's stories was nice and pleasant and really fit her whole thing

loquacius posted:

(same w/ WV having all those dreams about killing and/or becoming Bec Noir, turns out those were just a reference to him being present while someone else does both of those two things)

i was thinking about this the other day. that didnt really go anywhere did it? and vriska appeared in his dream right? for no reason?

loquacius posted:

I was expecting convoluted rules-exploit shenanigans and last-minute twists [...] "knock him into a black hole using a Special Rare Item".

same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i meant like "wait is there an actual term for the tumblr red nose thing" before realizing what that dude meant, not necessarily asking for a link, but yeah that looks pretty good.