Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
It's like New Years all over again!

And maybe that's what we will be celebrating with the new flash. We still need to see how the trolls react to the Green Sun stuff going on, as well as the John/Rose resurrection and the Jade/Dave creating the frog.

I just have a feeling the theme is going to be creation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer

FrictionlessEmu posted:

Anyway, the flash owns and the new album owns, but I don't have much more to add about those. I'm really perplexed by all of the "Aradia is evil" theories floating around, though. Is it possible that she's been doing things to further Lord English's plans? Sure, but so has everyone else in the comic because Doc Scratch has been manipulating them! But I don't see much malice in what she's said or done. I think that Aradia is ultimately just a confused kid just like everyone else, doing what she thinks is best for herself and her friends.

Personal theory here, but I think Aradia has been following the plans laid out by English.

English is the Lord of Time, knows all that can happen. He has Doc Scratch carry out these plans, who is omniscient to a certain point. If I remember correctly, he stated that he doesn't know everything, but within a certain length of the event chain he has clarity, and from there-on out it gets fuzzy.

So English and Scratch have this perfectly planned, the release of English is going to happen, no matter what, because they can pretty much gently caress around with time to ensure it happens perfectly, and in the end it's just a game. So how do you beat someone with that much power and fore-thought, who knows the system's rules and how it bends, and how to manipulate it?

Simple, you have to take a step outside the game then.

Aradia said they were waiting for friends there at the Green Sun, and who appears but Dave and Rose. And all three of them are "tainted" by English's power, so to speak, which is why all the fans are going "ZOMG EVIL!". But I see them as the flip-side of the heroic John and Jade, the Batman to the Superman. With Time and Sight, the powers that English and Scratch possess, they'll be able to even out the battlefield so John, Jade, and all the other Prospit dreamers (I believe all the trolls that are left are Prospit, not sure at the moment) will have a fighting chance to take him down. They may have to get their hands dirty and do it all from the shadows, but it's worth it to take him down

Basically, they know they're not going to be the big players in this game, but without them there's no chance of winning.

tl;dr: It's the Light & Dark duality stupid!

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Esme posted:

Calling the best crossover ever right here :v:

Well thanks, now I want to see God-Tier Dr. Who.

All of them, though you know who wins in the scarf department.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
This is going to an interesting and mind-blowing ride down the alternate reality slide.

I wonder what the trolls are up to.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMcEBX74AWE

This will always be hilarious though. So when will John reach the coveted level of "Dutton-hood"?

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Tollymain posted:

Man, that question about who is the real self and what not really has been rankling at me for some time.

Really, I'm getting some persona 4 vibes reading all this.

Poor Karkat though, the guy really has a hard time coming to grips with all this. He seems pretty lonely as well, or maybe he's so drat tired of yelling at no one who'll listen to him.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I really have no idea what's going on, but it's hilarious. I would greatly appreciate an explanation though.

Really though, it's Karkat flipping out, Rose with a ridiculous smile on her face, and Dave just being completely :wtc: and that's good enough for me.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Ok, I was completely over-analyzing it. Thanks for the info!

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Bobulus posted:

Makes me wonder if the White and Black Queen rings get different 'default' powers. Seems weird if the White Queen had red miles, for example. But they should be equal, going with the chess motif.

So if Derse gets Red Miles, then maybe Prospit gets the Green Mile? Not like we haven't already tossed in a ton of other movie references

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Horribly goony of me to say, but am I the only one dissapointed there's no LOTAX planet?

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
That was a pretty amazing flash. I think the best part is that it calls back to the chess game he had going with Calliope. He loves figuring out the rules, and how to not break them, but twist them so hard you can see the fibers straining.

I'm really looking forward to seeing if Hussie reveals how he achieved such an insane power level.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I tend to view Homestuck fans like any other type of fan you meet out in the wild, a dangerous beast you should approach with caution and have an exit route planned out.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Actually it'd be kind of nice if Jack just takes off, John is there yelling, and PM just kinda chills him out. Maybe a callback to shoosh pap

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Never a wrong time for a good command:HB: Kiss de Girl

Really hoping Rose shoosh-paps John now. It's tough being a kid.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Placing my non-existent bet on meeting Dave-Sprite for a bleed-out of anger and then crying and heart-to-heart bro-talk.

All while riding on Maplehoof.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Would this make Hussie the Monty Python of our generation?

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Close it down boys and girls, we've reached peak face.

I'm surprised Rose is all nervous as hell, you'd think being a seer she could just notice if her date will go well or not. And how many of us wouldn't kill for that power?

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Man, you guys are all over the place. It's time for this little cuddle-up to get destroyed by the most important character in Homestuck

Wayward Vagabond: Offer the girls a refreshing can of Tab.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Was that troll face always winking? Or am I just blind?

Once again, Curse That Shameless Hussie!

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I was wondering about that. I hope everyone has their emergency backup shipping grids ready!

I am looking forward to how Jade and John react when he wakes up, and the eventual revel of what really happened to Davesprite. I'm still worried that he's actually dead. Hell, it'd be interesting if he showed up in the bubble with them.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Really the best part of all this wasn't even what was really going on, it's everything in the background.

S9ME9NE IS TRIGGERING ME. THIS NEEDS TO 6E TAGGED.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
The best part about the entire flash is that it's a way to simply tell someone what Homestuck is.

And then they get the troll chats :getin:

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Spellman posted:

FYI, Andrew Hussie hates wireless mice.

gently caress you Hussie, Wireless Trackball mice are the best :colbert:

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
It's an interesting style choice. We see nothing of Jane's face, barely anything of Dirk or Jake, and a full face shot of Roxy. I wonder if the partial concealment is suppose to represent how far each of the kids have come along to face their real issues, or if it's just to show off the costumes.

Really, could be both considering the way this drat comic has treated us.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
This is the perfect update ending. Please make all future updates end like this Hussie.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Really I'm more annoyed by Tavros being an even more passive-aggressive little poo poo than any of the Vriska stuff. As someone else said, he's become Gollem. It's sad to see, and yet seems perfectly logical because he never developed a real sense of self-esteem before dying.

It's perfectly balanced by all the Moby Dick jokes. Though didn't Ahab get killed by the whale in the end? Wouldn't be surprised by Meenah getting the other end of the spear instead.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Never in the history of Homestuck has that "Let Me Tell You About Homestuck" gif been more applicable.

Also Vriska is totally redeemed herself here. Tumblr is going to be bad enough the next three days with this update, I don't even want to know how bad the fans will be about all this.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Every Homestuck update these days just feels like this thread should be merged with the griefing thread. The tears of fans having their brains twisted is hilarious, as are the meltdowns.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I can't help but see this tie into karkat's being "alone" and having Dave call hi a friend. Possibly resulting in the Makeout Meteor getting into shape to deal with the fallout from Jade/Jane takeover.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I'm taking the view that Gamzee's outlook on life is akin to that of The Comedian from "Watchmen", or even the Joker in a "Dark Knight" world. That it's all pointless, life is just a joke, and he's playing it all out for his own laughs.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Make sure you get everyone's numbers so you can still talk over speakercrab!

I feel like the hiatus is actually a good idea at the moment. We're about to plunge into the last round of updates, and this will let everyone not only catch up if they've been slow and/or are new readers, but also allow both the community as well as Hussie to review the plot and check for any danging plot threads. Considering his last few works, I feel like he is not the kind of person to leave a thread dangling.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I'm wondering if the combo of Aranea & John's powers might end up with two rings of life, or some-such game breaking glitch.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
So, time to see what a Bard of Rage can really do. Just that one punch makes me worries our seer is going to end up a smear. :ohdear:

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
At this point I'm hoping for this to end up a Beta reality due to Areana's meddling, and seeing maybe some information from this doomed session leaking over to the Alpha due to the Ring & Jade talking with Calliope.

I also suspect at this point one of the big issues going on is Hussie is having to devote more time to other projects, and this is going to lead to the final acts being very slow and plodding, as the creative time gets moving into newer things.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty excited to see so many things happening, and a lot of deaths & future consequences coming back down the line. It had felt like the story was getting bogged down in a lot of extraneous details, so hopefully this is Hussie paring down to the very bone of the story before moving onward.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I feel like this update should be read with the "Burning of Karak" playing in the background.

Just that sense of "Gone. Everything is gone..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
It's been a hell of a ride, and I'm much like everyone else in that I'm here to say goodbye to an old friend. It's wound it's way to be this weird IP that isn't a comic, will leave it's mark on future artists, and will give us all something to talk about in the old folk's home/post-apocalypse ashes. Still it's been fun, and you all have been amazing, even with it's Vriska Chat and terrible fanart of trollsonas. I'm eagerly awaiting to read all the postmortems from everyone here.

Honestly, I just want to see Ascend be used in the final flash. We all know it's the real reason we still care about this comic :allears: