Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

WAR FOOT posted:

I will be genuinely surprised if Vriska survives this comic.

I'd put money on it if I wasn't so poor.
I'm putting my money on only Roxy and John surviving. I'd put money on that if I wasn't such a sore loser.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

WAR FOOT posted:

That would be a really depressing ending!
I've had that ending in mind for a while. I recall the flash-game that had John walk through Act-curtains and walk around what seemed, essentially, to be the end-game. It's been a while, but I seem to remember it implying only two people would survive. I think. I should replay it.

Also, if that does happen, I reckon it'll have to be one character from the Alpha universe and one player from the Beta universe. It's got to be John and Roxy because, after all, the wind skims the voids.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Honestly, I could've read Jasprosesprite embarrassing Rose like that for another, like, 10 pages.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I think I'll use the eight-pronged diamond-centered troll symbol one on the left for my trollsona. Yes. That seems the most special-snowflake of the lot.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Never not funny.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
No, this is good. All y'all seem to have forgotten how horrible and boring and opposite of awesome our beloved Vriskatime™ (and, by extension, Meenah) had become under the reign of (Vriska). I am more than happy to see good-Vriska tear (Vriska) a new one.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

paradoxGentleman posted:

Could you elaborate that a bit? Because at the cost of repeating myself, I can't imagine how could you not want to punch Vriska straight in the nose right Now.
I've always wanted to punch Vriska is the nose. That's why she's great. I just do not give a single everloving gently caress about (Vriska).

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Crying sadsack (Vriska), in addition to all the stuff WAR FOOT just said, is also being selfish in her break-up. Literally everything about it is her wanting to keep her little, safe-feeling, love-bubble around her regardless of whether or not Meenah is happy.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Now, I am one of the biggest Vriska-is-wonderful-and-everything-she-does-is-great fanboys ever, but, holy goddamn that was gratifying as gently caress.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
loving finally us Leo folk have a Homestuck-troll-thing that's not a complete embarrassment.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I say this with no hyperbole, but this is probably the weirdest loving thing I have seen in Homestuck.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Blackheart posted:

Please let the last update before OMEGAPAUSE be about whatever Karkat is dreaming right now.
It'll be Nic Cage and boners. Calling it now.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

SynthOrange posted:

I remember when Problem Sleuth got into the tower. :corsair:
In high school, someone showed me humanimals.

I thought it was stupid.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I can't wait to pause through every frame of this so I can see every dank reference/detail.

Roger Explosion fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Apr 6, 2016

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
It just occurred to me that Homestuck was better booked than the entirety of this year's Wrestlemania.

Roger Explosion fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Apr 6, 2016

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Honestly, I've been waiting for the Homestuck fight scene every since its inception and I'm pretty happy it was played straight. Fraymotifs being a thing was the highlight for me.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Blackheart posted:

Vriska punched Andrew Hussie in the dick
Not an emptyquote.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Akett posted:

Heir of Grief is such a good loving song, I was tearing up at the start of it. I don't think I've liked a Homestuck song this much since Overture back in 2012.
https://homestuck.bandcamp.com/track/heir-of-grief

It's Homestuck meets Dragonforce and it's just so good you guys.

Editi: a bit of At The Drive In and Howl's Moving Castle too. SO GOOD.

Roger Explosion fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Apr 6, 2016

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Oxxidation posted:

I'm sure you can dig deep and find it within yourself to soldier through a few voices of dissent in these trying times. Grow up a little.
Please stop being an rear end in a top hat.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

paranoid randroid posted:

Jade didnt magic the rings away because she was taking advantage of the first chance shes had in years to play with her freaking good dog/best friend like she used to, while also trying to keep them from flattening the whole session. they even teleport around similarly to the flash where she feeds Bec.
So basically, she could but didn't because she wanted to have fun during apocalyptic fight. gg Jade.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Oh hey, so that was a thing that happened.

In the space of Homestuck, I finished university, lived in Japan, returned to Australia and then lived in Japan again. It seems like an eternity ago that I got into it. Hell, it seems an eternity ago that I was doing lovely podcasts with the art and music team prior to Cascade.Through it all though, even in this somewhat under-whelming end, one thing has remained true in the end:

The best time is Vriskatime.™

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
So, as I understand it, the fact that everyone got a GOOD END was because Vriska released the thing from the thing. Vriska won the game for everyone. It's been a while since I've said this, but it's good to say it again, especially at the end of Homestuck.

VRISKA DID IT.

Roger Explosion fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Apr 13, 2016

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Ammat The Ankh posted:

The more I think about it, the more I realize that it was impossible for Homestuck to have a satisfying conclusion at this point. Too many characters have been introduced to give them all a real resolution, too many plot threads and subplots to give each one a denouement, and too much background mythology to wrap up.

Hussie wrote himself into a place where his only options were to create another whole act trying to tie up every loose end without boring the reader, or to do the narrative equivalent of "K THNX BYE".

People in this thread have been saying for possibly years now that the immeasurable unfulfilled story fragments would make the comic impossible to end, and they were right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Hello.

I'm the goon what made post #8 on this thread nine goddamned years ago. Today, I discovered there is Homestuck content post Act 7.

Guess I better breathe deep 'cause I'm jumping back in.