Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

I feel for you, Academica buddy. Academica is a cool club in a cool city.
This is karma though ,for not supporting the mighty Lisbon Eagles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

ChainsawCharlie posted:

And if it happens, and Benfica wins it, holy poo poo its gonna be the biggest, most tastiest pie of schadenfreude ever. We might legit have to put Bruno de Carvalho on suicide watch.

It's going to be even better when Jesus fucks off to Porto during the summer

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
congrats to Benfica

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Goodbye 2016 Edition of the New Eusebio, Renato Sanchez. You showed up from out of nowhere with your fancy passes and outside of the box goals, embarrassed Hulk twice, and your last game with Benfica was you getting sent off 30 minutes into the game like an idiot.

Sold for 35 million €(That can go to 45) to Bayern Munich.

http://desporto.sapo.pt/futebol/primeira_liga/artigo/2016/05/10/renato-sanches

https://twitter.com/SLBenfica/status/729982524101890048

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Aww, Renato Sanches :( .
Though im seeing it reported as 35 Mil now + 45 mil in objectives (probably bundesliga+champions league winner) so at worst Benfica will get like 60 mil when all is said and done.

Edit: we'll probably need to buy a couple of new midfielders, im hoping for the betancourt+romero FM heroes.

Antifa Poltergeist fucked around with this message at 13:14 on May 10, 2016

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Sanches for €35m lol. Adrien and Danilo Pereira had a better season than him in basically the same position, and so did William Carvalho in his first season at Sporting. In these last few matches he was looking absolutely average, and still way too green. Guess it's the Benfica propaganda machine working full steam, it's a great sale IMO

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Im just wainting with baited breath what Bruno de Carvalho will do to try to top it, maybe sell William carvalho for 30 mil + a bajilion clauses including "William carvalho voted as GQ most sexy man of the year - 20 mil", "William Carvalho grow a handlebar mustache - 20 mil" and "william carvalho cures cancer - 30 mil" so that he can claim to have sold him for 100 million! SPORTING DOES THE BEST DEALS! SPORTING STRONK!

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Mean Bean Machine posted:

Sanches for €35m lol. Adrien and Danilo Pereira had a better season than him in basically the same position, and so did William Carvalho in his first season at Sporting. In these last few matches he was looking absolutely average, and still way too green. Guess it's the Benfica propaganda machine working full steam, it's a great sale IMO

Next time don't hire a manager that thinks European football is beneath him and crashes out of the Europa League like a little bitch.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

ChainsawCharlie posted:

Its squeaky bum time, op.i just hope even if Benfica wins the title , Bruno de Carvalho stays as president of Sporting forever, its like watching a Benny Hill sketch run a football Club.

ChainsawCharlie posted:

Whats even funny is that even some Benfica fans, back in january where going "yeah Sporting is kicking rear end, they deserve it this year, the cunts", then Sportings coach, president and pundits went NUCLEAR rear end in a top hat and welp, any shred of sympathy went out the window.
And if it happens, and Benfica wins it, holy poo poo its gonna be the biggest, most tastiest pie of schadenfreude ever. We might legit have to put Bruno de Carvalho on suicide watch.

Of course, this being benfica, they can still hilariously screw it up.

ChainsawCharlie posted:

Im just wainting with baited breath what Bruno de Carvalho will do to try to top it, maybe sell William carvalho for 30 mil + a bajilion clauses including "William carvalho voted as GQ most sexy man of the year - 20 mil", "William Carvalho grow a handlebar mustache - 20 mil" and "william carvalho cures cancer - 30 mil" so that he can claim to have sold him for 100 million! SPORTING DOES THE BEST DEALS! SPORTING STRONK!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrMawW5J6NU

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

I just really really admire Bruno de Carvalho MBM, much in the same away i admire the levees breaking in new orleans, pompeii , or a kid with downs tying his shoelaces. He's a treasure, tragedy and a cautionary tale.

Edit: bruno.de.carvalho

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

orange sky posted:

I'm going to have a meltdown right now - loving hell, Benfica did not deserve to be champions this year :( I'm really, really pissed. Mostly because of all the boasting I'm going to have to hear in the coming weeks - Benfica fans are awful at this, they're always the greatest of the galaxy and Benfica can do no wrong - they're the most humble, most fighting people ever!! gently caress YOU!

:cry:

:smug:

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

it's going to be tight when benfica bottle it against nacional

vonManstein
Nov 5, 2006
Regardless of the results tomorrow, there are going to be a lot of sweet sweet tears to be shed..

orange sky
May 7, 2007

I love Portugal. We're not just corrupt to the core regarding politics, football's the same.

Farense used a Benfica player on loan against Benfica B in April - this made them lose 2 points, making them get relegated while Benfica don't, with 1 more point.

This is gold, history in the making.

orange sky
May 7, 2007

orange sky posted:

I love Portugal. We're not just corrupt to the core regarding politics, football's the same.

Farense used a Benfica player on loan against Benfica B in April - this made them lose 2 points, making them get relegated while Benfica don't, with 1 more point.

This is gold, history in the making.

It's pretty good timing that I posted this today. A bunch of players and presidents from the second division were arrested today under suspicion of arranging results. Funny coincidence, one of them scored an own goal against Benfica B.

Regarding the story on the quoted post - that same Benfica player played for all of the first round except in the game against Benfica B. Soo they definitely knew he couldn't play against them.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Yeah the action some 2nd league games were getting in betting sites was pretty sketchy.who knew letting in dark Money from China and Russia would lead to this?

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Also i Love that Sporting fans keep linking everything bad to Benfica, even if it is incidental, While the guy bankrolling Sporting is the one who sunked a Bank and got out with billions of euros.keep loving that Chicken i guess.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Sporting scores.too bad Benfica scored too 2 mins later

orange sky
May 7, 2007

ChainsawCharlie posted:

Sporting scores.too bad Benfica scored too 2 mins later

How's Benfica playing?

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Bad until the First.then the team loosened up and now scored the second

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Also as much poo poo Things have been off the pitch,Both Benfica and Sporting fans have been amazing in the stands all year.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

So that miss by Bryan cost Sporting the league then.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Benfica makes it 3-0.stick a fork in it this one is done.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Eehhhhh , i thinks all those draws when they thought they had it in the bag were the main reason, but good lord that miss.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

ChainsawCharlie posted:

Eehhhhh , i thinks all those draws when they thought they had it in the bag were the main reason, but good lord that miss.

Yeah and also all those goals and assists he did make were a big part of Sporting even being in the running. But that miss is literally the worst thing Ive seen him do, it's a shame.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Estádio da Luz Just turned into the biggest party in the World.

Two thoughts:Salvador agra is way too good to be playing for nacional i Wonder if Braga wont snap him up.
Aldo, Grimaldo is going to be a fantastic left Back.

Edit: Paulo Lopes lol.awesome.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Simone Poodoin posted:

Yeah and also all those goals and assists he did make were a big part of Sporting even being in the running. But that miss is literally the worst thing Ive seen him do, it's a shame.

I think it's great

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

congrats to Benfica

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Just to give an idea of how insane this season was :Sporting equaled the point Record with 86 points set by Mourinho's Porto.Benfica broke the Record with 88.

LastCaress
May 8, 2004

bonobo

ChainsawCharlie posted:

Estádio da Luz Just turned into the biggest party in the World.

Two thoughts:Salvador agra is way too good to be playing for nacional i Wonder if Braga wont snap him up.
Aldo, Grimaldo is going to be a fantastic left Back.

Edit: Paulo Lopes lol.awesome.

I filmed the end of the match:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aE4znP6lvFA

(in 4k you can see the players :D)

I also took a picture of the stadium the other day:

vonManstein
Nov 5, 2006
Suck it JJ

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Never in doubt, Vitoria spells victory and victory spells benfica!

ChainsawCharlie posted:

Just to give an idea of how insane this season was :Sporting equaled the point Record with 86 points set by Mourinho's Porto.Benfica broke the Record with 88.
It's really amazing. We had by far the most exciting season of recent times, Sporting deserved to be champion just as much as Benfica. Both teams give it all and there was a massive drama and emotional investment for both teams to win it. Not only that but Porto had a meltdown, which is honestly the second best part of the season.

Simone Poodoin posted:

So that miss by Bryan cost Sporting the league then.

To be fair, they lost at home to Tondela, who literally survived relegation due to those three points.

It's hilarious just how important those three points were in deciding not only who won the title but also who went down.

:rip: Académica, i hope you return quickly, your team is too good to be on the Chinese Black Market League. We never really noticed you Uniao da Madeira so farewell i guess.

At the end of the league 306 games were played and 831 goals were scored. That's like, ten goals per match, that's how amazing the Portuguese League is. Jonas Pistolas got the Golden Boot, proving Benfica can revive any old dying brazillian footballer and turn them into superstars.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

LastCaress posted:

I filmed the end of the match:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aE4znP6lvFA

(in 4k you can see the players :D)

I also took a picture of the stadium the other day:

this is cool, did you use a drone?

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Yeah those shoots are really cool LastCaress they seem way to stable for drone.a crane?

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah that's incredibly stable at that height, a drone would at least shuffle a bit due to the wind, correct?

also, rui vitoria's speech was amazing at killing all the retarded reporters:

quote:

"Na minha lista de prioridades, primeiro estou eu, a minha família, os meus jogadores, o staff do Benfica. E lá para nonagésimo lugar vem o treinador do Sporting, depois de outros ex-colegas meus, das senhoras que nos fazem os pequenos-almoços, de um vendedor de pipocas numa festa onde estive e de um motorista que um dia me levou a Fátima”

quote:

In my list of priorities, first there's me, my family, my players, Benfica's staff. At around 90th place there's Sporting's coach, after my ex-colleagues, the ladies that make our breakfast, the popcorn salesmen i found at a party and the driver who took me to Fatima that one day

LastCaress
May 8, 2004

bonobo
Thanks :D Yes, it's a drone, they're really really stable though. Here's one from the start of the party :D

orange sky
May 7, 2007

https://cdn.streamable.com/video/mp4/zati.mp4

Bryan Ruiz has some sick moves some times..

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

SO benfica activated the buy out clause on the loan of kostas Mitroglou , 7M euros and a 4 year contract.

https://twitter.com/SLBenfica/status/732591404296372227

Also rumours flying around of Jesus going to Porto, we're hell get a 150 million euro budget (presumably across all seasons is contract might last) for new signings.

This off season is going to be mental.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Jesus said today that he's staying at Sporting for like the 100th time. I don't see Porto paying something around 10 mil for a manager to one of their rivals., that's crazy money.

also here's the final table:

feels bad man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Also these are the 23 players going to the Euro:

Goalkeepers: Anthony Lopes (Lyon), Eduardo (Dínamo Zagreb) and Rui Patrício (Sporting).

Defenders: Bruno Alves (Fenerbahçe), Cédric (Southampton), Eliseu (Benfica), José Fonte (Southampton), Pepe (Real Madrid), Raphael Guerreiro (Lorient), Ricardo Carvalho (Mónaco) and Vieirinha (Wolfsburgo).

Midfielders: Adrien (Sporting), André Gomes (Valência), Danilo Pereira (FC Porto), João Mário (Sporting), João Moutinho (Mónaco), Renato Sanches (Benfica) and William Carvalho (Sporting).

Forwards: Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid), Éder (Sporting de Braga), Nani (Fenerbahçe), Rafa (Sporting de Braga) and Ricardo Quaresma (Besiktas).

Biggest surprise is Renato Sanches in, but with Bernardo Silva injured and Tiago coming back from a serious injury I can see why he was selected. Ricardo Carvalho at 37 is a bit weird.

Way too many midfielders, I wonder who'll play. Moutinho used to be a certainty, but he had a poo poo season.
Very few forwards, but with Danny and Bernardo Silva out I don't really see who they could have gone with. Helder Postiga and Hugo Almeida are old and poo poo. I guess our attack will be Nani - Ronaldo - Joao Mário, which isn't great since it's a winger slotted into the striker position and a midfielder as a winger, but it will have to do.

• Locked thread