Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Philo
Jul 18, 2007
This is no game. This is no fun. Your life is flame. Your time is come.

$350 roommate wanted !! posted:

Ok first ok its me and my wifes trailer we only use our room and liveing room when people come over that ain't much. We want a loving awesome roomate. I'm a gear head and she is a gamer. We want someone we can get along with. We both smoke but we have no tolerance for drugs or threesome inquiries. Thanks call me

D.A.R.E. to resist drugs and threesome inquiries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
I'm not sure if this really fits but this has been making rounds through my FB friends.

I doubt it's real, just someone with an insane fantasy. If it is real, well then this is just plain rude.

Something for everyone's reading pleasure.

AN ACTUAL CRAIG'S LIST PERSONALS AD
To the Guy Who Tried to Mug Me in Downtown Savannah night before last.
Date: 2010-09-27, 1:43 a.m. E.S.T.
I was the guy wearing the black Burberry jacket that you demanded that I hand over, shortly after you pulled the knife on me and my girlfriend, threatening our lives. You also asked for my girlfriend's purse and earrings. I can only hope that you somehow come across this rather important message.
First, I'd like to apologize for your embarrassment; I didn't expect you to actually crap in your pants when I drew my pistol after you took my jacket.. The evening was not that cold, and I was wearing the jacket for a reason.. my girlfriend was happy that I just returned safely from my 2nd tour as a Combat Marine in Afghanistan .. She had just bought me that Kimber Custom Model 1911 ..45 ACP pistol for my birthday, and we had picked up a shoulder holster for it that very evening. Obviously you agree that it is a very intimidating weapon when pointed at your head ... isn't it?!
I know it probably wasn't fun walking back to wherever you'd come from with crap in your pants. I'm sure it was even worse walking bare-footed since I made you leave your shoes, cell phone, and wallet with me. [That prevented you from calling or running to your buddies to come help mug us again].
After I called your mother or "Momma" as you had her listed in your cell, I explained the entire episode of what you'd done. Then I went and filled up my gas tank as well as those of four other people in the gas station, -- on your credit card. The guy with the big motor home took 153 gallons and was extremely grateful!
I gave your shoes to a homeless guy outside Vinnie Van Go Go's, along with all the cash in your wallet. [That made his day!]
I then threw your wallet into the big pink "pimp mobile" that was parked at the curb ...... after I broke the windshield and side window and keyed the entire driver's side of the car.
Earlier, I managed to get in two threatening phone calls to the DA's office and one to the FBI, while mentioning President Obama as my possible target.
The FBI guy seemed really intense and we had a nice long chat (I guess while he traced your number etc.).
;In a way, perhaps I should apologize for not killing you ... but I feel this type of retribution is a far more appropriate punishment for your threatened crime. I wish you well as you try to sort through some of these rather immediate pressing issues, and can only hope that you have the opportunity to reflect upon, and perhaps reconsider, the career path you've chosen to pursue in life.. Remember, next time you might not be so lucky. Have a good day!

Thoughtfully yours, Semper Fi,
Alex

Because being wanted for making death threats on the president is a perfectly acceptable payback for trying to mug someone. What is with the people who make poo poo up like this? If the guy was so desperate to mug someone, why would he have a credit card--one that had a high enough limit to buy at least 150 gallons of gas?

Fast_Food_Knight
Nov 23, 2007

Be nice, He's a knight!
He's just a fast food knight.
Just looks like someone's attempt at viral fame and chain facebook links. Sadly, England's craiglist (and similar classifieds) are tame and boring. Once when I was a teenager I accidently upset a lady whose carpet I walked on in outside shoes when I went to buy a nintendo 64 she advertised. :britain:

madlilnerd
Jan 4, 2009

a bush with baggage

Fast_Food_Knight posted:

Sadly, England's craiglist (and similar classifieds) are tame and boring.

Eh, there are some gems of madness amongst the regular horny weirdos, but they're much harder to find.

I myself was tempted by this one:

The farts for gifts exchange sounds like a fun and easy way to get presents.

Fast_Food_Knight
Nov 23, 2007

Be nice, He's a knight!
He's just a fast food knight.
Yeah must admit, seems like a nice little side business.

madlilnerd
Jan 4, 2009

a bush with baggage
I would demand my fart gifts to be wrapped though- pretty paper, ribbon, the works. It's not a real gift if it's not gift-wrapped :colbert:

Edit:

Well, this is a pleasant turn on the story of people on Craiglist stealing your kidneys

madlilnerd has a new favorite as of 20:16 on Nov 20, 2011

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.

madlilnerd posted:

I would demand my fart gifts to be wrapped though- pretty paper, ribbon, the works. It's not a real gift if it's not gift-wrapped :colbert:

Edit:

Well, this is a pleasant turn on the story of people on Craiglist stealing your kidneys

"Man kills self by removing own kidney, inserting it into torso of man he found on Craigslist"

Sinestro has a new favorite as of 17:36 on Jan 19, 2012

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
Uggh, I've got family in town so I'm fallin behind on my reread. Our travelers are just about to flee Shadar Logoth. This place is so bad rear end and creepy.

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

omnibobb posted:

Uggh, I've got family in town so I'm fallin behind on my reread. Our travelers are just about to flee Shadar Logoth. This place is so bad rear end and creepy.

I see.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

Zubumafoo posted:

I see.

Totally wrong thread.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
This guy cropped up on the South African Craigslist equivalent. We have all sorts of "traditional healers" and "herbal doctors" preying on the ignorant but this guy adds a little extra to his services.

Spamtheman
May 30, 2005

Effer of the ineffable
Got that earlier today as well, for clarity's sake DSTV is a satellite version of cable.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
http://allentown.craigslist.org/m4w/2771745308.html

quote:

need someone to keep your gas tank filled. get naughty on a steady basis and i will keep you well stocked with gas cards all year long..you would be hot and sexy ..send pic w reply.. or gift card for whatever store u want.. clean white male here

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
Oh dear, the OP reminds me of this one I found a few months ago.

Baltimore has so many crazy CL posts, I actually started collecting screenshots a couple years ago.

Some of my favorites:

Probably :nws: for implied denture sex http://i.imgur.com/ODqsr.png

NurseRatched
Feb 5, 2009
I never would have thought that my boring government town had crazies of this variety:

:argh: I just want me a waifu!

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
You had me at "Why are all women whores?" :allears:

madlilnerd
Jan 4, 2009

a bush with baggage

Dear internet, please help me convince my boyfriend that I am well adjusted and have long term friends.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

hyperhazard posted:

Probably :nws: for implied denture sex http://i.imgur.com/ODqsr.png

poo poo! They're onto me!

I wish Craigslist was more popular in the UK, there aren't even many cities listed for us. The closest listed to me would be Liverpool, and it is near dead to go through. Topics get maybe one update per week, if that.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

There are some good Weekend Webs on Craigslist. That's where I found this:

madlilnerd
Jan 4, 2009

a bush with baggage

It comes with a "decerative" ribbon! Just what I need for my bottled farts :allears:

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
^^
Think he'd settle for a bear? :v:

edit: Did the poster really need to clarify where he was by adding the location "England?"

hyperhazard has a new favorite as of 07:27 on Jan 30, 2012

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Despite the proclamation, I really hope it still is a joke.

The337th has a new favorite as of 18:28 on Feb 9, 2012

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious

The337th posted:

I did a quick Google search hoping to find that it was some kind of satire, and instead, I found this:

quote:

lovely Baby Tiger Cubs Out for a Stroll for sale for lovely and good home

Category: Pets >> Dogs

I'm speechless.

madlilnerd
Jan 4, 2009

a bush with baggage

hyperhazard posted:

I did a quick Google search hoping to find that it was some kind of satire, and instead, I found this:

I'm speechless.

I have heard that there are more tigers in Texas than in India, but I don't know how true that is.

Anyway. Found a doozy on the old Craigslist today!

Boneitis
Jul 14, 2010
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities :psyduck:

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

I found some doozies in Missed Connections.

Wouldnt you badly.

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Friends Are Evil posted:

I found some doozies in Missed Connections.

Wouldnt you badly.

So close to "Schwanz Delivery" and they didn't bother making the joke :negative:

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

I like this one for just the tiny bit of crazy he puts at the beginning.

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

These two are just sad.
I Wish I Could Find a Nice Single Jewish Man (too old and too late)

But it will never happen in this lifetime so I will go to my grave never knowing my bashert/

Would U Like an Ugly Punim for Purim?

Mine is and it would surely make u run away

:(

This one sounds crazy but it's probably just bad english.

Your suck a Fox - m4w - 3 (Newton)

You changed your life today. You have suck a beautiful smile and eyes. Your red hair. We glanced at each other today hope u read this and get back to me.

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
What does the 17/92 part mean? Age?

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
This one will always be my favourite.

The Cookie monster's insane brother posted:

new york craigslist > manhattan > rooms & shares

$1 Room for ONE DOLLAR in bright, clean apartment (Upper West Side) (map)
Reply to: hous-834022781@craigslist.org [?]
Date: 2008-09-09, 1:44PM EDT

I am looking for someone to rent the spare bedroom in my spacious 2-bedroom apartment on the picturesque and desirable Upper West Side. You must read carefully, however, as this situation is not suitable for all.

The rent is $1 per month, utilities included, as long as you bake me fifty (50) tasty cookies every day by 6 p.m. If you have not completed this task by 6 p.m., I will pour vinegar on all your belongings, throw them into the street, and have the locks changed. No exceptions and no excuses. Hell or high water, those cookies better be done and yummy.

Cookies are always cookies and never biscuits. I do not eat “biscuits”.

I will decide the specific type of cookie the day before and will submit my preference in writing by 9 p.m. of that day. You are responsible for the recipe and ALL the ingredients (at your expense, of course). The kitchen is large and well equipped with cookie sheets, rolling pins, mixing bowls, etc. You may NOT hum or sing as you prepare the cookies. You may, however, recite song lyrics in a normal speaking voice.

Forbidden ingredients include anise, marjoram, allspice, caraway, and oats. I will nevertheless request oatmeal cookies from time to time and you must find a way to make them without oats. Good luck with that. The worst ingredient of all, though, is NUTMEG. If even one speck of nutmeg, even the tracest amount of the stuff, is discovered in my home, I will pour vinegar on your belongings and chuck them in the street. You may assume the locks will be changed. You may use cinnamon, cloves, and raisins, though I am rather indifferent to these and will likely not be impressed. Chocolate is encouraged, as is vanilla bean extract.

You will be given three cookie cutters: a crescent moon, a star, and a doggie in profile. All cookies must be in one of those three shapes. The doggies must be given names and all the names must be different and cute. Cuteness is my call, not yours. For example, “Smuggins” is cute but “Lionel” is not.

The cookies must be artfully arranged on a lace cloth on a silver platter and garnished. Permissible garnishes include jellied fruits and candied flowers. Sugared figs are under review, but don’t get your hopes up.

Your room contains a twin bed, a dresser, a desk w/chair, and a TV with cable access. The TV is tuned permanently to the Food Network. You may watch only shows featuring cookies and cookie by-products.

If you are interested in this arrangement, please submit the following:

1) Your favorite cookie recipe
2) A picture of tasty cookies
3) A short original poem about cookies

Thank you.

86 at B’way google map yahoo map
* it’s NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
What kind of sick gently caress doesn't like nutmeg?

Cookie guy posted:

as this situation is not suitable for all.
Understatement of the century.

madlilnerd
Jan 4, 2009

a bush with baggage

Celery Face posted:

This one will always be my favourite.
*cookie craziness*

With all the money you'd spend on ingredients (including magical non-oat-oatmeal) you'd probably end up $800 dollars in the hole every month anyway. I'd love to try it, just for a week or too though. I don't hum or sing when I bake, but I do listen to Jazz FM. Must ask cookie monster if that's ok.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
But you can't watch tv shows that aren't about cookies.

DukeMan
Mar 28, 2010

Coconut Indian posted:

What does the 17/92 part mean? Age?

It's one of the interstates in Central Florida.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012

Best of craiglist posted:

Manhood Camping Firequest. Lookin' for a 100% for real bros to share/experience manhood in all its glory. This is for real, I don't want to waste my time or yours. 100% JO and manhood, no sugar added. I AM NOT GAY. Don't even think this is a sex thing, it's all about manhood.

Looking for bros to head into the woods and bond by fire, experience life as men once lived it, JO circle, and fire/vision quests.

THIS IS NOT A SEX THING.

Gonna need some basic things/skills, I don't want to be slowed down by fools:

- must be in reasonable shape, if you get winded walking then stay home
- Ed Hardy camping gear, it's really good gear and it's awesome
- desire to be a man among men
- not afraid to wield a blade
- crystal, I'm not sharing mine
- must be able to make a fire
- gloves
- a knowledge of native vegetation (knowledge of psychotropic fungus a plus)
- knowledge of modern music
- protective/splash resistant eye wear
- 5 - 10 of those clip things that rock climbers use

We are gonna need a mobile music device, ipod or something. I'm bringing the music for the firequests and visionquests, Nickleback's The Long Road. I only have it on CD, so I'll have my discman as a last resort, an ipod would be nicer. Just sayin'.

Dont' want to see"

- bad attitudes
- gay/homoerotic behavior, this is a manhood thing. I AM NOT GAY.
- cock rings, can't keep it up w/o help, you aren't gonna make it on this quest
- firearms, there's gonna be enough guns going off and spent shells to pick up
- the nerds/dorks/lames/and anyone less than 100% into manhood.

If you are serious, then I promise you this will be the trip of your life. It will change the way you think. I'm serious, and I AM NOT GAY. To see a group of bros being men, a JO circle by a camp fire. The charge/energy in the air. Crystals get jacked, no lie. You will slip into a different frame of mind, you will feel electric.

Last outing, we had a group that was so charged we attracted bears. It was no deal, nature knew man was in the forest, the crystals gave us the confidence to own those bears. I saw it, I was there.

100% SERIOUS, NO FAKERS
Why do I imagine this guy looking like Rottweiler? I also honestly don't know what he means by "crystals?"

Celery Face has a new favorite as of 23:16 on Mar 7, 2012

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.

Celery Face posted:

Why do I imagine this guy looking like Rottweiler? I also honestly don't know what he means by "crystals?"

Crystal, like Crystal Meth. :ssh:

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone

Celery Face posted:

Buggiezor posted:

Crystal, like Crystal Meth. :ssh:

I really wish that this was true (I also really wish that I didn't know this), but they're talking about special "Jack Off Crystals" that you charge by doing this sort of stuff with dudes on craigslist (BUT NO GAY STUFF, JUST CHARGIN' OUR CRYSTALS).

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Bear Enthusiast posted:

I really wish that this was true (I also really wish that I didn't know this), but they're talking about special "Jack Off Crystals" that you charge by doing this sort of stuff with dudes on craigslist (BUT NO GAY STUFF, JUST CHARGIN' OUR CRYSTALS).

Wait, what? Tell us more about magic JO crystals.

heartcatcher
Oct 6, 2007

:patriot: woof :patriot:

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Wait, what? Tell us more about magic JO crystals.

I've seen the other post being referred to and I still have no idea. I want to know where all these ideas came from, because all the posts that mention magical JO crystals are written in a similar way. Maybe it is a secret magical JO society?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
I'm sorta surprised it hasn't come up in here yet, but a lot of these collections of internet crazy folks have these same super mysterious crystals. Someone should go to one of these sessions, retrieve the crystal, and report back with what abilities it has.

• Locked thread