Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
Looking through this thread is like looking at at thousand clones of Einstein.

That picture is from when he was 4 months old, just a day or two after we got him and his brother, Heisenberg, from a shelter in a local Petsmart in October of 2010. They're just over a year and a half old now, and we love them to bits. :3:

Chillin' with Heisen-bro on my bed:

On may lap, going for my camera's wrist-strap:

Cuddling with Bro-senberg after a long day:

"YAAAAWN"

After we got our Christmas presents this year, the cats got their own!

Look out behind you! :ohdear:

Whomever it was that said Temple Grandin thought black cats were more social, I think that's spot-on. Einstein's on my lap several times a day, every day, usually for at least half an hour at a time; and, in fact, before we'd even gotten him, he was literally climbing all over me and my mother at the shelter. He's also the one who usually initiates the wrasslin' with his big brother (and gets his butt whupped almost every time, but that doesn't stop him).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

mistaya posted:

I have that exact same cat tree, and Einstein's come close to knocking it over more than once with how enthusiastically he leaps onto it, even with a full can of paint on the bottom for added stability.

I don't have any good pictures of him on it (or of how absolutely coated it is with his and Heisenberg's hair), but I do have a prime picture showcasing just how destructive he can be with the things he loves.

There was a recognizable toy on the end of that string less than a week prior. He also tore off the dangly-ball from the cat tree by the end of the third day that we had it.

And, one more shot just for good measure.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Pollyanna posted:

I've heard black cats are generally really chill and affectionate, is this true?
Confirmed. Einstein is definitely the cuddliest cat I've seen. He's on my lap all the time, including right now.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Have a Hoke he's mostly black :ohdear:

I'll allow it because that stripe on his nose and the two little dots under it are great. :3:

Crossposted from yospos cat thread:

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

10 minutes prior, that pillow had been propped up against the shelf, but Heinie wanted somewhere to sit.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt3JNfxVdtM

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Protocol7 posted:

And here's this Binx who chews on literally anything that moves (or doesn't move, he particularly likes paper and cardboard so I think he has pica or something):
No that's actually pretty normal

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

20 lb 6 year old black cat in Indiana? Is... is your friend trying to rehome my cat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

I had an Abyssinian mix growing up whose favorite perch was on your shoulder (or actually basically anyone's shoulder) where he could slowly paw through your hair and drool.