Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Hater
Aug 4, 2007

Friday Friday in the club on Friday, we we we so excited
I'm so hype for this game I have no idea what to do with myself until spring rolls around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Hater
Aug 4, 2007

"The button mashing! Bursts of joy! One night of love... The bitter sweetness of those days is the essence of youth!" - Teddie, Persona 4 Ultimate

The Hater
Aug 4, 2007

Here's another pretty cool screenshot of the last unseen P4 cast member, Naoto, shooting Chie in the head. What's the number beneath her persona bar? I'm guessing it's something to do with Naoto's mudo/hama stuff since it looks like a skull

The Hater
Aug 4, 2007

All I know is that I won't be satisfied unless the final two announced characters are some combination of dojima, adachi, nanako or funky student

The Hater
Aug 4, 2007

Assumethisisreal posted:

My interest in this game just dropped dramatically.

MODOK in Marvel vs Capcom 3 has a move that does exactly this and MODOK is far from being overused or extremely difficult to fight. I'm sure it'll be balanced well and it won't be so much of a pain the rear end to fight against.

The Hater
Aug 4, 2007

LightningKimba posted:

I remember hearing that Teddie's the one comin' up with these, but why would he call himself the Beast of Libido? Who knows!, maybe December will be home to some info about the game's plot?

It's because Teddie is the man.

If Teddie's taunt doesn't say "Come on baby, don't fight over me" or something similar I'm cancelling my pre-order

The Hater
Aug 4, 2007

LightningKimba posted:

Edited the OP with expanded bios for the cast, trying to make it more easier to understand the game, though... Sadly, I'm not completely sure what to add, which is why I do need some help with want to put in. Like, would putting in the super moves video help? Maybe expand the character sections a little more?

EDIT: Some dude at dustloop made some sprites, check it:

Also videos of December loketest:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w28UnjYWLZ8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ8XBgYNS58

judging from the videos, it seems that they changed the persona meter to tarot cards now.

The Hater
Aug 4, 2007

Cinroth posted:

This game is gonna own can't wait to hama and mudo everyone and just shoot everything up I'm hella hype, ikimasu!!~~

I just fuckin wish that they were actually sticking to the STORY of the game and let you change personas with the main character so you could do poo poo like this from the highly-regarded animation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7c5QSbHIlaU

The Hater
Aug 4, 2007

Xythar posted:

No, not really. This was just a Protagonist Moment.

It's a really good adaptation, I highly recommend it and you can stream it for free here if you're in the US.

Or on hulu, that works too and is less embarrassing to have on your browser history

The Hater
Aug 4, 2007

quote:

[LEAP] is a Hawaii who are obviously

Mods change my name to this please.

EDIT: except make Hawaii into Kawaii

The Hater
Aug 4, 2007

Cinroth posted:

Ugghhh gimme this game arc!!

Wanna emptyquote this post until the end of 2012

The Hater
Aug 4, 2007

Eeevil posted:

Nah, I'm pretty sure nobody likes that voice.

Step off hater

The Hater
Aug 4, 2007

Man I'm loving Yosuke's mechanics so far. He looks like crazy fun, especially with that buff of his.

The Hater
Aug 4, 2007

ChibiSoma posted:

Oh right, now I remember why training/challenge modes in fighters are horseshit. They expect you to pull off absurd 1-frame link BS that no normal-rear end player with a gamepad's going to be able to pull off with any kind of regularity.

Now I remember why I stopped bothering with SF4's stupid-rear end training mode. It doesn't actually train you how to do anything and in fact only makes you loathe trying to do stuff like that! Most of the people you fight online are gonna mash, so gently caress this noise. I don't care what you unlock for doing this. There's no way in hell I'm doing all these. At 20 on Naoto's and I already wanna strangle the developers.

Jump and hit A-Y-A-Y-B, yeah that's just shy of completely loving impossible. Been trying for over five minutes and I haven't gotten past the second hit one god drat time. Oh wait, that's because by that time you loving land!

Nope.

I can't do it, it must be impossible! This game is beary bad!

The Hater
Aug 4, 2007

I'm a scrub and my PSN is SA_Pause. I'll be playing right now if anyone else is online actually!

The Hater
Aug 4, 2007

Great Lakes Log posted:

This was me too, and I entered anyway. We will see what happens but I will most likely get swept in the first round. Its all fun really so why not just try?

Also, I just found out that SA_Pause plays Elizabeth, if thats something you wanna update.

Not elizabeth, Yukiko! Also good games everyone, that was pretty fun

The Hater
Aug 4, 2007

Goddddddd Mitsuru is such a pain to fight against, she has so many ways to shut yukiko down. Any tips for yukiko vs. mitsuru?

The Hater
Aug 4, 2007

NecroMonster posted:

Yeah. Pick a different character.

Combos and hit confirms are pretty drat easy in this game, so like, learn another character for your bad matchups dude.

Yeah I planned on picking up someone since I'm starting to get the hang of Yukiko a bit, I just haven't figured out who yet. Wanted to try shadow labrys but she seems like too much work for little reward. Who is Mitsuru's worst matchup? Does she even have one?

vvv Good games by the way! I think I got a little better against Mitsuru after playing you

The Hater fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Aug 16, 2012

The Hater
Aug 4, 2007

Evil Canadian posted:

Well then just difference of opinion because I don't consider 2.5K that much damage.

I have yet to been able to land the fully charged B fatal counter on someone who isn't retarded yet.

Check your Mitsuru having privilege at the door sir, some of us have to work for that 2.5k

The Hater
Aug 4, 2007

NoMoneyDown posted:

So I got bopped by a character I basically had no idea how to combat because he jumps all over the place (Yosuke), and a character who's all "oh you. I'm just gonna throw fans at you and have high/low mixups in my autocombo" Yukiko. Good stuff.

her autocombo isn't the high low mixup, her autocombo is straight up block high

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Hater
Aug 4, 2007

PunkBoy posted:

I usually go with 5C but I'm really not that great with combos yet. I think you can do 5A, 5B, 5C as a starter reliably, but I usually end up skipping 5B.

Yeah, it depends on what you're going for. She has some good normal damage combos that end without oki (that I don't know much about), but if you're going for oki game there's a pretty simple confirm you can do off of 5A or 2A

5AA 5B 5C 2B 2C 2AB 5DD or
2A 5B 5C 2B 2C 2AB 5DD

• Locked thread