Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

violence is who I am, loser
Jack Frost with a Black Frost Raoh mode, now you're hosed hee-ho :unsmigghh:

I'd kill to get Raidou in here too but I figure there's no way he or any other character outside of P3/P4 can make it into the initial release, maybe if I strongarm enough people into buying every version of this game Aksys will run out of better-known characters to jam into the roster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

BB doesn't feel anything like GG but the boring S-tier characters in the first two revisions were what really killed the game in America. It came into its own with CS2 and in general people are pretty happy with it now!

TGG posted:

Is there no market for a GG:AC re-release with passable netcode? It seems like something people would get behind and I would be fine with playing AC for another year or two.

I don't think we're likely to see this unless/until they want to build up hype for Guilty Gear 3 Snowman Ampersand Edition, GGXX was almost universally loved but any old game is a hard sell when there are so many new ones with real scenes and nothing new happening in that series.

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

Maybe it's just my imagination that this is any worse than BB but why can't these characters stop loving talking kg;hlll;;;;

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

Blazblue also had 10 playables at arcade launch and dropped code unlocks for Hakumen/Nu-13 one-two months after. Shadow Labrys is kind of a curveball though, it makes me wonder whether that's their plan for the new characters they're promising with CS instead of filling out the roster with the P3 cast.

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

Random question because I couldn't answer it myself with five minutes on Dustloop--it looks like this Yukiko does her IK on reaction to Kanji pulling out his Persona and gets the full animation when Kanji blocks it but his Persona in the back gets hit. I don't know what the speed/hitbox/invul are like on most IKs but doesn't that make Persona attacks a huge liability if the other character can IK? Or is it only a problem against Yukiko because she a Ky-like IK?

E: I'm also assuming that the hit breaking the Persona isn't necessary for this but what do I know

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

My money's on this thread doing fine because the snipey undesirables who pick fights with the FGC gravitate towards big easy-to-play releases and are allergic to anime. BBCT was relatively quiet right?

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

Raidou Kuzunoha and Demifiend need to be in this game and canon is not an acceptable barrier.

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

Is BB-style (delay-based) netcode confirmed and if so does P4U still have the five frames of repeated inputs when a button is held down?

Also that select plus direction to move to a corner is the best thing :swoon:

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

Elec posted:

I might be misremembering since I haven't touched Mitsuru that much so far, but that 5B animation also comes with her jumping back a little, doesn't it?

4B hops backwards before the attack, 5B stands still, 6B hops forwards. IIRC all three versions have the same startup so they're all comboable :allears:

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

This is a long shot but does anyone have any advice on getting the Persona to hit all the way down on Yukiko 29? It's like Yu's gravity is higher than it is in the demo video, dude always falls out of the j.4D no matter how I time it and the SP Agi explosions :I

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

darealkooky posted:

the first hit of an all out attack (and a couple other moves among the roster) put people in this goofy looking spinning state that lets you grab them during a combo

Thanks for this, Yukiko throw OMC throw is technically a waste of meter because the second normal throw is both scaled and techable with the normal timing window but I'm gonna keep that mental guard break in my pocket.

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

Spiffo posted:

edit: nice, that's awesome. Is there a writeup about what it does and does not soak up?

Works on all projectiles, move type doesn't matter at all. Full(?) list on Dustloop: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?14507-Yukiko-Amagi-Gameplay-Wiki-Data-and-Discussion&p=1370809&viewfull=1#post1370809

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

Computers are marginally more interesting opponents in anime games than other 2D fighters because they're better than dummies to practice converting random hits into damage but if you're jacking up the CPU difficulty and playing to win don't delude yourself into thinking you're getting better at anything except beating whatever cheating rear end algorithm the game is using.

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

NecroMonster posted:

Combos and hit confirms are pretty drat easy in this game

If your character is easier to play than Yukiko you can go to hell, if you think confirming random hits into Maragi loops is easy you can go to hell, eat my go to hell option select

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

Blaine the Train posted:

Another Teddie related question--does anyone know what exactly triggers his "hunting season" move where he swipes a fish at the opponent? I was trying to pull off the fierce variant of the Bearscrew and I ended up pulling that off a few times instead. I don't see it on his movelist anywhere.

IIRC that's his sweep (2A+B).

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

Third hit in Yukiko's AAA sort of looks like an overhead but it's not, none of them are H/L, try mashing less.

E: but if you mash A six times I hear you get a 2F overhead

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

Kinda surprising to only see Yukari/Junpei so far (Koromaru seemed like a shoe-in too) but good poo poo ArcSys.

Is Xrd confirmed for next year? Obviously it's in good shape considering the loctest but I was mentally ballparking it as 2015.

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

The lingering question is whether they've managed to go an entire revision without changing how bursts work. I predict that OMB will hard knockdown and replenish 25% health and defensive bursts will rewind time by three seconds on hit. These changes were necessary because of reasons.

E: Also taking sidebets on what they're going to do to Naoto and which character they will nerf the everliving gently caress out of for no discernible reason

Mio Bison fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Aug 16, 2013

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

Waterbed posted:

So the game comes out in a week? That's kind of... fast.

Are you sure it's not a loketest?

The site also adds that this arcade will be having weekly tournaments for the game every Friday starting the 29th so it has to be the final release. Not too surprising, that's three months or so from the first public loctest to arcade release.

I haven't been keeping tabs on this new version since it got announced, have they put out system/character changelists yet or is it all the information still word of mouth based on loctest play? I'm praying that they gently caress up and make Yukiko derpy this time around so I can win without putting any work in. Negative edge combos man, gently caress 'em.

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

alcharagia posted:

Adachi nooooo :(

Playable Lab, S.Lab and Elizabeth were all time unlocks for P4A arcade. Adachi is confirmed in, don't worry about it.

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

Am I the only one who feels like every character in a fighting game should look at me while they're hitting me? What the gently caress Rise.

Tarezax posted:

There's also Iggy, the original dog in a fighting game (afaik). Iggy had a really small hitbox but his stand's hitbox was huge.

How ironic that Iggy was so right and Pet Shop was so impossibly wrong.

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

Original VA for Ken, Norio Wakamoto voices the dog, dog as DLC navigator.

E: And the DLC sales fund HnK2 :allears:

Mio Bison fucked around with this message at 05:42 on May 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

I was surprised to see Yukiko down there with the joke characters, I remember people saying she was tiered at P4U2 launch. Did Arcsys push her back down the staircase or did she fall off as people learned the new version?

• Locked thread