Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Who is the most motivated?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

I want to touch my Rosalina-sama all over~

<3<3<3

Fereydun posted:

Deadpool's raw tag/tag quote for himself is "ME!"

Wow, that's pretty loving awesome.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

how u do this. what am i missing in that tutorial

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

I don't get it. What's going on here?

Ixiggle
Apr 28, 2009

Elephant Ambush posted:

I don't get it. What's going on here?

I thought about this when Bebo first showed how to save edit for the same character, but Galactus is listed somewhere in the character hex values so you can put him on a team now too. And use him online.

Also there's Heroes and Heralds skin Haggar there so those are available through save edit as well.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Ixiggle posted:

I thought about this when Bebo first showed how to save edit for the same character, but Galactus is listed somewhere in the character hex values so you can put him on a team now too. And use him online.

Also there's Heroes and Heralds skin Haggar there so those are available through save edit as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdDmO04412o

Imagine being the first guy to run into this. Pants-making GBS threads terror.

e: durr

Excels fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jun 5, 2014

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
So UMVC3 online is now gonna be "officially" dead, since they said they'd never patch it again, right?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Medullah posted:

So UMVC3 online is now gonna be "officially" dead, since they said they'd never patch it again, right?

Why is it dead? It opens up more cool teams like morrigan doom doom and sometimes someone will gently caress around with galactus. Seems about the same to me, it's not like it was reasonably competitive with the latency anyway.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Medullah posted:

They can't patch it anymore, they don't have the license. Like they literally can not legally patch the game.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Excels posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdDmO04412o

Imagine being the first guy to run into this. Pants-making GBS threads terror. Weirdly, he has a victory quote?

He always has. Regardless of what you may think, it is possible to lose to him in arcade. There's also the 'play as Galactus' mode.

If I remember right, he has a bunch of character-specific win quotes.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jun 5, 2014

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Medullah posted:

There's also the unpleasant factor of Capcom locking the player out of on-disc content by removing the DLC from PSN. To get skins and Jill/Shuma you have to buy the Vita DLC which is mysteriously still available. It's cross-platform so it unlocks the DLC in UMVC3 as well. If you're on Xbox you're just outta luck.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/Ryota_Niitsuma

Niitsuma's Twitter posted:

ふと自分の今までの業務を整理してみた。版権モノならコイツと社内で言われてたが、小学館、集英社、タツノコプロ、MARVEL(途中からディズニー)すべてと仕事した人はそうそういないんじゃないかと思った(笑)。

what does niitsuma even do at capcom at this point? he seems WAY less proactive than ono and more of the stereotypical 'yes' man

Lynx Winters
May 1, 2003

Borderlawns: The Treehouse of Pandora
That explains everything, thanks.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Excels posted:

There's also the unpleasant factor of Capcom locking the player out of on-disc content by removing the DLC from PSN. To get skins and Jill/Shuma you have to buy the Vita DLC which is mysteriously still available. It's cross-platform so it unlocks the DLC in UMVC3 as well. If you're on Xbox you're just outta luck.

I wish they couldve released one last patch that would freely unlock Jill and Shuma for everyone. Anyone who whines about that can gently caress off

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Gutcruncher posted:

I wish they couldve released one last patch that would freely unlock Jill and Shuma for everyone. Anyone who whines about that can gently caress off

Then they wouldn't make money from people buying them at the last second

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Lynx Winters posted:

That explains everything, thanks.

do you really want me to link to google translation?

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

Race Realists posted:

do you really want me to link to google translation?

Chrome offered to translate it for me, I may have it formed into a coherent sentence by Monday. It's really broken.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

RickoniX posted:

Then they wouldn't make money from people buying them at the last second

Release the patch at the exact last second! Just dodge any questions about why they did that for a week or so then gamers will totally forget, continuing to throw their money in Capcoms direction.

Edit: Hypothetically, if you were to have a key for the DLC characters would that still work? I wonder if Capcom has some long forgotten stockpile of those codes in some file cabinet somewhere

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

you could probably just upload a hacked save, or something, that would have everything unlocked? or is that not a thing

codes might possibly work, although the DLC itself is no longer available. i don't know why the Vita version and all accompanying DLC for that one is fine and dandy though.

Excels fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Jun 6, 2014

ShortThug
Dec 26, 2004

Yay!
I'm sure it'd work. All you have to do is buy a Special Edition copy of MvC3!

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Excels posted:

codes might possibly work, although the DLC itself is no longer available. i don't know why the Vita version and all accompanying DLC for that one is fine and dandy though.

Most likely that its just a whole different contract with a whole different expiration date, being that it came out so much later and all. The DLC just naturally happens to work with both versions so whateves.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

PSWII60 posted:

Chrome offered to translate it for me, I may have it formed into a coherent sentence by Monday. It's really broken.

please do so :-(

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
I tried to organize a business of their own until now suddenly. It was said in-house and this guy if copyright thing, but I thought that was not it not oh yeah who work with all (Disney from the middle) Shogakukan, Shueisha, Tatsunoko, MARVEL (laughs).

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Excels posted:

you could probably just upload a hacked save, or something, that would have everything unlocked? or is that not a thing

Nope, apparently you can save edit to use Galactus or 3xVergil but the game won't let you use DLC characters without actually having paid for them.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

6 Phoenix Wrights? 6 Phoenix Wrights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3L9wisPTZs

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Sade posted:

I tried to organize a business of their own until now suddenly. It was said in-house and this guy if copyright thing, but I thought that was not it not oh yeah who work with all (Disney from the middle) Shogakukan, Shueisha, Tatsunoko, MARVEL (laughs).

me loving around with google translate posted:

I tried to arrange a business of my own until now suddenly. It was said internally with this fellow if copyright objects, but I thought that was not it not oh yeah who work with all (Disney from the middle) Shogakukan, Shueisha, Tatsunoko, MARVEL (laughs).

It almost sounds like Niitsuma is up to something...

some sad, desperate part of me wants to believe I'll be getting another 3v3 Capcom fighting game in the future, but that just doesn't seem financially sound for Capcom. :smith:

Do 3v3 fighters even MAKE a decent amount for Capcom? The Vs series always seemed like the blacksheep of Capcom franchises, mostly due to the fact that your average joe doesn't really care about it as much they would Street Fighter

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Jun 9, 2014

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
It's Day One of E3 today you guys! I wonder what great announcements Capcom haHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Putting Megaman into Smash Bros is the last good decision Capcom ever made

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Race Realists posted:

It's Day One of E3 today you guys! I wonder what great announcements Capcom haHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Hey, you can play USF4 on PS4...via PS Now on your PS3. :v:

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
What they really need to do is make Capcom vs. Capcom.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Gammatron 64 posted:

What they really need to do is make Capcom vs. Capcom.

That would seriously solve all the problems of the Vs. Capcom series. No hassles with third-parties, no issues with the audience not giving a poo poo about the not-Capcom half of the roster, and you can easily utilize the entire Capcom roster that has been getting ignored for years. Power Stone, Megaman, God Hand, Asura's Wrath, etc.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

What is the big deal about Power Stone? I watched the anime at some point in my life and it was nothing special.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

TaurusOxford posted:

That would seriously solve all the problems of the Vs. Capcom series. No hassles with third-parties, no issues with the audience not giving a poo poo about the not-Capcom half of the roster, and you can easily utilize the entire Capcom roster that has been getting ignored for years. Power Stone, Megaman, God Hand, Asura's Wrath, etc.

I think there's a chance Capcom might try it, too. We all know that Street Fighter and the Vs. series are their two biggest fighting properties. Darkstalkers is easily the third biggest. They say they're going to make another fighter, but Darkstalkers Resurrection didn't sell well enough. Well, if Darkstalkers didn't sell well enough, and Mega Man doesn't sell well enough, what makes people think they're going to make another Rival Schools or Power Stone? If they're working on a new fighter, it's either a Street Fighter game or something in the Vs. series.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Excels posted:

What is the big deal about Power Stone? I watched the anime at some point in my life and it was nothing special.

They were Smash Bros.-style games that were a blast to play: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1TuDCkg5B4

The point is that you could easily make a couple of unique characters from that series into a Vs. Capcom game, and it would be an easy way for Capcom to appeal to people who think Capcom have stopped giving a poo poo about every franchise that can't produce CoD money.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

I want Capcom to go bankrupt so that during the buyout, Nintendo can legally acquire all of their franchises and salvage what's left of their dignity. Everything by Clover for starters

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

I wouldn't discount the possibility that they're waiting for Evo to announce anything to get those crowd reaction shots for PR and whatnot

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Excels posted:

I want Capcom to go bankrupt so that during the buyout, Nintendo can legally acquire all of their franchises and salvage what's left of their dignity. Everything by Clover for starters

Oh boy, can't wait for bland Okami sequels every other year and no PC releases of any Capcom game ever again

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

I just want the VJ2 and Okami cliffhanger endings to be resolved, is that such a crime, Capcom?

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Excels posted:

I just want the VJ2 and Okami cliffhanger endings to be resolved, is that such a crime, Capcom?

After VJ2 ends, Joe meets a gamer named Kevin and they throw Voomerangs at comic book characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Excels posted:

This wouldn't happen even if Nintendo bought them, you dunce.

brian posted:

I wouldn't discount the possibility that they're waiting for Evo to announce anything to get those crowd reaction shots for PR and whatnot

Isn't this pretty much exactly what they're doing? Like have there not been several hints that Capcom is announcing a new fighter for Evo? Maybe if that one's popular people can stop reviving this thread as their personal reaction thread and actually let it die.

• Locked thread