Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
I can not loving wait for Tuesday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I know this was posted at the end of the last thread but holy gently caress Spencer is ridiculous now.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Wasn't his wavedash confirmed to be one of the fastest in the game?

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

40 second combo :psyduck:

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Sorry to the 3 goons I played who had to deal with this. I should have dropped out before it started :smith:

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Niddhogg posted:

Why the gently caress does Hawkeye have a slide kick?

They needed to knock She Hulk down a few tiers.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Glass Eater posted:

So last night I stumbled across this dude named Bum who was running Haggar/Hulk/Chris. He was murdering everybody. 3-0'd Noel Brown, he actually got in on Dieminion with Haggar of all people.

There's quite a few matches in this archive somewhere: http://www.twitch.tv/bum1six3/b/302097436

I think he starts around 42:40, names are wrong so Crazy Joe is actually Bum. Right off the bat, a Haggar 100% combo on Nemesis :cool:

I should really pick up The Mayor again. :allears:

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

LightningKimba posted:

Ahh, I see Mike's picked up the 'Yipes technique'.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Dren posted:

I think I am going to start keeping track of amount of X's in a gamertag vs. how many members of team trenchcoat are on a team. People with a bunch of X's always have at least one of Wesker/Dante/Vergil.

When playing online I've associated Team Trenchcoat with easy wins at this point.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Seizure Robot posted:

I was pretty surprised Taskmaster didn't get an equivalent of Rogue's old kiss move that stole enemy specials. Really don't think Taskmaster needs a buff though that dude is solid.

I really wish Capcom would give Task the ability to combo out of his counters like Wesker and Ammy.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Seizure Robot posted:

Primary: You can activate X-Factor an unlimited number of times at the cost of HC Gauge, however you will no longer be able to use Hyper Combos.

:aaaaa:

DARK N-GROOVE RISES

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Kempo posted:

Guarantee they nerfed his assist as payback for having to put up with poo poo like this.

I've started enjoying Doom's wacky loops in training, but how do I start them off in matches? What should I be throwing out first to catch people and start combos other than footdives?

Dooms close game is trijumps to c.L, squarejumps to j.M and empty trijumps to grab. From range throw out both standing and superjumping plasma beams/photon arrays. His f+H and S footdives are good too, mix up the block timing for the opponent by airdashing or canceling to flight mode beforehand (this fucks up Wesker/Nemisis/GRider's anti-air launchers alot)

Cat Machine posted:

Speaking of Doom, can someone break down his new midscreen combo for me?? I keep landing too far away for df.airdash to get him next to someone when they're OTG.

LMHS sj.M sj.f+H sj.S xx airdash down (land) trijump forward H repeat. The hardest part is the sj.f+H sj.S. Doom should go "Fo-Footdive", if you don't hear that its too slow. You can sub the H S at the end of the combo for M f+H (its faster, works better later in the combo when hitstun is going up)

Kuvo fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Dec 19, 2011

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Ya the new Doom combo works better closer to the ground and vs bigger characters. You also have to be really fast with the cancels.

I end up using the buktooth 90% of the time because I feel it's a bit safer despite the slightly lower damage.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Playing the terrible AI in H&H is allowing me learn Strider. His combos are really fun to pull off but god is he paper thin. Also, whats up with his legion super? The guide says it can be used as a standard combo ender but it seems to wiff half the time.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Thundercracker posted:

What's this buktooth loop I keep hearing about? I like the foot-dive loop alot, but I'm too slow on the dash cancel-into-tri-jump part half the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yPskuh1yx8

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Ive been running that lin/lilith/rouge unlimited hyper meter deck. I found that by spaming random bionic and frame trapping them with late DHCs when they block works pretty well.

A side note, I fought a nemisis/ghost rider/dante team last night that ran some regen health card and two increase vitality cards. All the guy did was jump back and spam S. The match ended in a time out, it was the most madding thing.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

rivals posted:

An hour+ of Chris G v Combofiend. You're welcome.

I'm only 7 minutes in and these combos are already blowing my mind.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Sufficient posted:

Cj bodying the house of crack.

http://www.twitch.tv/bum1six3/b/304666908

Starting at 29:45

It's Marvel baby!

edit: Yeah, Noel goes after him right away with the commentary with "triangle jump s" all game.
edit2: Noel transcribes Sanford's rant at 51:30, take everything Noel says with a grain of salt.

Watching this right now

god drat Bum :worship:

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Wasn't there a rumor somewhere that Capcom wanted both Doc Ock and Silver Surfer in the game but couldn't because of time/money/gameplay constraints?

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'm glad to see he's finally moving past his "Clooney" phase.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

That roll canceled Megaman super was loving hype.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Regarding Taskmaster, if you have a stick learn to plink dash. Plink dashing is done by pressing two attacks to dash, canceling that into a normal, then canceling that into a dash (repeat). So something like

l+m xx h xx l+m xx h

The timing is tight (a frame or two iirc) and if you mess it up you'll put out a normal attack. However, the beauty in this is not only does it move you across the stage quickly, but Task's st.H is a pretty good poke and it can option select into webswing, charging star or throw (if you're close). Web swing can cause some ambiguous crossups on short characters, charging star can be safely cancel into arrows/sword sting, and throws = free super.

Another thing I never see Task players do (online anyway) is use his counters. His only good special counter (imo) is the high one (qcb+l). Use this against aggressive, telegraphed moves (Akuma tatsu, zero j.H, all sorts of dive kicks, super skrull orbital grudge, etc) a few time and they'll slow their rushdown allowing you to play an easier zoning game. The super counter works on pretty much anything physical and can prevent chip-outs or crazy crossups (I love countering maximum Wesker and taunting). If they land in the corner after it, you can score a sj xx down legion arrow follow-up.

edit: also, abuse his j.H as it has a large hitbox, decent priority, comes out fast, and can lead to air throws (and free supers)

edit 2: vvv your right about them not having follow-ups, but it seems demoralize online opponents and make them less reliant on bullshit normals (ie zero's j.H)

Kuvo fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Mar 15, 2012

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'm pretty sure you can cancel it into zipline so ya.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Someone put Mike on suicide watch :ohdear:

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'm also interested in a tournament (on the 360) now that my internet connection doesn't suck.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
signed up, is there a date set for this yet?

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Smeego posted:

2: Contenders join a lobby for the tournament. Lobbies have an 8-person limit, so it would be super cool if there were streams for both consoles.

I don't mind doing the 360 stream, given a good enough heads up on the time

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Any day but Wednesday works for me (if anyone cares)

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

FSLink posted:

If Kuvo still wants to do the 360 stream, I can do the PS3 stream. I'll have to switch my entry from 360 to PS3 but that's fine with me.

Sounds good

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

iPodschun posted:

MarlinPie was at Knock Out Fights this weekend and brought out a Doom exchange combo I haven't seen before
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cq7LrZ_j16Y

so would this be

... TAC, photon array xx addf, j.M, f+H xx flight, (move forward), j.M xx adf, j.M j.M xx addf j.M j.M, j.H, (empty)j.S (land) doom time?

I have to try this out later.

edit: vvvvv ya you're right, thats the TAC hit

Kuvo fucked around with this message at 16:00 on May 23, 2012

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
So I'm streaming the tournament tonight and have two questions.

- Theres 21 people in the 360 bracket and I believe the UMVC lobbies max out at 8 people. Should I just stick to one side of the bracket and spec all those matches or should I try jumping around to try to show everyone playing?

- Is anyone good at commentary? I could try my hand at it but it would be a pretty dry play-by-play. The other option is to not have any but that seems kind of boring. Shout out in the thread if have any ideas

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Most IM clients (I use pidgin) can do IRC. Firefox and Chrome have extensions you can download that will allow you to connect, or if you have Oprea it's built right into the browser.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Hawaiian Shirt posted:

Are the streams going to be viewable after the fight, or is it a one-time deal? I'm gonna be at work all night so I won't be able to watch them on a computer, and I doubt I can get my dinosaur smartphone to run any streaming anything.

Don't know about FSLink, but my stream is going to be on twitch so the videos will be viewable afterwards.

Edit: 360 stream will be here http://www.twitch.tv/tippingforties

Kuvo fucked around with this message at 00:27 on May 25, 2012

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
You can view the 360 video here. Tabs (who went on to win) was nice enough to body me in the first round and send me to losers, so most of the video is me trying to climb out of that. Matches of note...

winners finals starts @ 1:22:00
losers finals starts @ 1:37:40
grand finals starts @ 1:49:35

(or watch me send out dooms chair instead of a sphere flame @ 1:11:24)

Anyway, great matches guys! We should do it again some time!

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

TaurusOxford posted:

No one sees his overhead. That's the problem. :v:

Joe's only real weakness is his range, and that in turn is also a strength for him because his small body makes a lot of combos not work against him.

Depends what you mean by range. His normals are short, yes, but his voomarang game is annoying as gently caress. I play joe sometimes (poorly) and using his voomarang as cover to advance is something I've still yet to grasp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsDhKdrwBBk

Also, wish I could play in the tournament tonight but I have prior commitments.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
signed up for the 360, may even stream the 3 of us playing :v:

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

pidgin sayin this room doesn't exist

nvm im dumb

Kuvo fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Jun 22, 2012

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'll be streaming the 360 matches when it starts in a bit

http://www.twitch.tv/kuvosa

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I refuse to believe that twitter as it has no mention of Gene

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Let Task continue a combo after his super counter just like Wesker

• Locked thread