Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Ybrik posted:

I'm guessing Skrull cause he's green and has a ball super.

I'm pretty sure he was talking about the OTHER space cop, Green Latrine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

PalmTreeFun posted:

A really bad one from what I've heard. Basically the entire game is "put other guy in braindead infinite, win game."

Wasn't the infinite jabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjab....

I saw a video of that one and it was hilarious.

E: p, b, it's all the same to me

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
All this talk about anti-GR techniques makes me wonder: What can GR actually do against super jumpers?

Disclaimer: I don't have the game (yet)

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Chocolate America posted:

I tried out Vergil's Rapid Slash xx Devil Trigger mixup last night and it's embarrassingly good and easy to do. Holy poo poo. Thanks Yipes!

I am pretty sure Seth showed that combo in the character preview before the game was released.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Medullah posted:

Is there any benefit to actually playing Galactus mode? Because wow, is it not exciting...

You get to see Galactus' ending without losing your dignity.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Alteisen posted:

Frank/Nemesis/Sent seems to be working for me, only crucial piece I'm missing is leveling up Frank quickly, any suggestions for this? I know the higher the combo the faster you level when you snap the picture.

Don't listen to me cause I'm just a noob, but I think you'll have to integrate Plasma Storm and/or Hard Drive into your level-up combos somehow. Nemesis and Sentinel are low hit count characters.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

JohnWilkesGoonth posted:

Oh good, they didn't completely gently caress up the sound on this one.

Actually, they kinda did. The audio channels are swapped.

To be honest, that wasn't an exciting episode since neither one of them knew combos. :geno:

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
As an outsider to MvC2 I have to say: Clockwork was playing super lame (lame as in uncool, not zoning), and his Strider's orbs + Doom's rocks is super cheap.

The parts of the video I enjoyed were the ones with Strider dead.

I know that Neo's defense had holes and he needed to rush down more blah blah blah... But still, that Strider lock down is not fun to watch.

Also, gently caress the crowd.

E: VVVVVV Strider Doom is cheap in my opinion and no amount of nostalgia (which I don't have for that game btw) will change my mind.

Workaday Wizard fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Dec 16, 2011

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
Sheesh. You would think I made Piss Christ or something.

It's just my opinion. Remember, I'm an outsider to the game and I only judged what I saw.

F.E.: I am also one of those people who are happy that Ors is a level 3 and Doom's rocks got neutered.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

The Midniter posted:

Neo account spotted.

Oh man, I wish I was a skilled, big dicked, ferrari driving, expensive champagne drinking, multiple corporate owning man like Neo :allears:

E: Was there an official de-confirmation of H+H local multiplayer?

E2:

Eventhubs posted:

Dr. Wily (B Rank):
Primary Effect: The more Hyper Combo Gauge you have, the stronger your attack power (Level 3).
Secondary Effect: The more Hyper Combo Gauge you have, the stronger your attack power (Level 1).

Hahahaha... I foresee this on 99% of Pheonix teams.

Workaday Wizard fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Dec 16, 2011

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
What's the point of card quantity? Can you actually lose or consume cards?

Also, if you get 9 of the same card, does it stop appearing for you?

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
I have a problem fighting my buddy's Vergil.

When I block Vergil's magic series he just spams SHSHSHSHSHSHSHSH... until I push block him. This block string builds him a ton of meter.

Is that punishable?

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
Is it me or did Tron drop off the face of the earth?

I fought every member of the cast (including MODOK) but no sign of Tron or Hsein-Ko.

If anyone has a UMVC3 Tron video please post.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Brosnan posted:

All the arguments in favor of Firebrand being good look a whole lot like the arguments in favor of Jill being good, and she's still not.

Jill is not good because nobody bothered buying DLC. (At least I didn't)
Same for Shuma.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
The new buff should be redoing Hsein-Ko from scratch :(

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
Did Capcom confirm or deny the rumors about Super UMvC3 (whatever it's called)?

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Niddhogg posted:

No they'll just add obscure marvel character "The Guy" and give him a Tears assist.

Real talk: I'll buy the game again if they somehow put Isaac from Binding of Isaac in.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

ShooterHeart1CC posted:

Just played someone on Xbox ranked who had their mic set to make the most annoying loud static. Of course it distracted me because I couldn't stop thinking "what an rear end." Luckily ranked match paired me up with them again and then I kicked their rear end. Stay classy Xbox community.

Signing up for Xbox tournament, should be fun to see if my Zero can annoy goons as much as random online idiots.

Couldn't you mute them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-LJPQ2EQRc

How does this combo even work? I would hang my head in shame if I ever got styled on this hard.

Isn't this just a variation of the old Tenderizer Infinite https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpCRPzFj450?

• Locked thread