Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FSLink
Nov 6, 2009
It should be said that Maximilian's Assist Me videos are great for viewing the new changes and characters.

As for the Shoryuken motion, on a stick it's really simple especially on a square gate which is standard on the TE sticks and most other sticks. Just hit the right side of the gate, move towards down, and then end at the corner at down-right and press the attack button. Then learn how to do the motion reliably without riding the gate constantly. Practice on both sides too.

And man, I can't wait for this game to come out. Rocking Hawkeye/Wright/Nova day 1. :rock:

Revitalized posted:

So early Galactus mode is the only real mvc3 reward?
Yeah, otherwise it's unlocked at 30k PP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FSLink
Nov 6, 2009
So is there a Google Doc or something of XBL/PSN info of goons who are going to play UMvC3?

FSLink
Nov 6, 2009
UMvC3 Preview video with Mike Ross and Combofiend (filling in for Gootecks):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF7jszmkP3o&feature=player_embedded

FSLink
Nov 6, 2009
Some Phoenix Wright stuff from someone who has the guide at SRK:

quote:

I am reading it right now so I will be editing this post every time I find something very useful but I want to begin saying that Missile assist OTGs and has 5 durability points

Directly from the guide: The game will never allow you to have three slots filled with false evidence

Many of Wright's command normals are using the same button you press in the previous move to activate it for example:
The command move that flashes a light bulb and is jump cancellable is made by pressing H during st.H makes contact with the opponent.
He also has a command normal that is cr.H during cr.H makes contact with the opponent but is not jump cancellable and knocks-down but maybe we can follow it with S.

Paperwork and Press the Witness assists are 100% invulnerable in Turnabout Mode. The guide even says that you can make a beam THC from Akuma, Ironman, and Ryu and none of them will hit Wright.

Paperwork assist in Turnabout has beam durability and being 100% invincible makes it as reliable as Press the Witness

Order in the Court hyper destroys all the false evidence

There's no mention that Paperwork High specials are overhead.

Maya's specials are called "M-Maya!?"

Simple and yet perfect name for lv3 hyper: Ace Attorney

A great aspect of Maya's hyper (called Steel Samurai Maya Smelting!) is that as we know the hyper is like an assist so Wright can move freely during the hyper and the guide mentions a good pressure example to open your opponent: the last hit of the hyper is low and you having control of Wright you can try an overhead and make an unblockable setup from this. j. Objection anyone?

:stare:
Order in the Court removing all false evidence sounds great, instead of trying to throw them away (seems to have slow startup), just combo into the OTG super.

FSLink
Nov 6, 2009

Dosvidanya posted:

You're missing that you have to be in turnabout mode already for order in the court to come out I believe.

Just have to be in trial mode, and if you're investigation mode, you have enough time to switch over after an air combo.

FSLink
Nov 6, 2009

YoshiStomper posted:

Anyone use a Fightstick for this/have recommendations for good ones? Is it best to just go safe with Madcatz TE stick, or has anyone had luck with some of the sticks that are PS3/360 compatible like that Eightarc Fusion stick.

Can't go wrong with the TE stick. The Eightarc Fusion stick is a good stick though, if you're lazy and don't mind paying extra (TE + coupon + TE Kitty or TEasy Strike to dual mod is cheaper)

The Classic Menu theme is so awesome! I really like the Dynamic music for the menu in UMvC3 too. :shobon: Is there new stage themes for the new stages in Dynamic?

FSLink
Nov 6, 2009

Sex Vicar posted:

Wonder if there are any new TU4AR remixes though, or if they remixed the dynamic stage themes for the remixed stages.
No idea if there's any new remixes, but the old remixes play for choosing your character in Arcade Mode apparently.

FSLink
Nov 6, 2009

Kageneko posted:

The problem with vanilla was that the dynamic menu and char select music was good, but you can't use those and have character themes in the game play.

Is this fixed in Ultimate?

Nope. :( Which is a shame since the stage themes are inferior to character themes. (I like Daily Bugle's stage music a lot though!)

FSLink
Nov 6, 2009
http://www.global-trance.com/ultimate/

This site has all the pictures for victory poses.

Including the DLC ones.

FSLink
Nov 6, 2009

Kuai posted:

This is a stupid question but I got a new xbox and when I go to redownload Jill/Shuma it acts as if I never purchased them. Did the CE come with a different code or something?

Go to your profile and look at Download History and download them through there.

FSLink
Nov 6, 2009

Jmcrofts posted:

-Certain item attacks are really good, others not so much. The phone is probably the best (leaves 3 orbs which then track), but the knife and the vase are really good too.

Any idea if you can purposely throw away the good evidence and get different good evidence?

FSLink
Nov 6, 2009
Marvel Madness Part 2 featuring Justin Wong, Marn, Floe, James Chen, Olaf, and UltraDavid is up!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR0sNXGpR_Q Part 1 if you missed it the first time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noNa8ZqkyZU and part 2.

FSLink
Nov 6, 2009

Sex Vicar posted:

'Grats to the winners, though it would be cool if someone could post the teams they were using.

Have to wait till Saturday to pick up UMvC3 but it's looking to be worth the wait.

I used Hawkeye/Wright/Ryu. Didn't get to land an Objection though. :(
Not sure who 1st and 2nd place used during finals.

FSLink
Nov 6, 2009

Phenotype posted:

Okay, so to put it to rest, I just saw a video where it looks like the most consistent thing to do is backdash, QCB+L, M for Hawkeye's corner OTG. It's just insanely tight, I guess. My fingers feel really stupid even trying to practice 6+L+M, QCB L, M that fast.

Can anyone suggest a team? I played Wesker/Dorm/Sentinel or Doom in vanilla, and I was trying to pick up at least one new character, if not build a new team with two. I'm primarily interested in Hawkeye, Nova, Vergil, or Ghost Rider. Or Captain America. Or Ryu. I want to play an 8v8 MvC4.

step backwards -> f+M works for corner OTG too, though I think Freeze Shot does more damage.

FSLink
Nov 6, 2009

Contest Winner posted:

So I have been fiddling with runnign Wright/???/Strange, but I keep waffling about and can't decide on the third guy. I was excited for Phoenix Wright to be in this game, but beat up people with papers and sneezes is more entertaing than I thought it would be.

I run a similar team with Wesker in the 2nd slot for the OTG assist to help make landing Objections a lot easier and to extend Wright's combos. Also can't go wrong with Doom for Missiles.

FSLink
Nov 6, 2009
Speaking of bnbs for Dante, anybody have some good ones for him? I've practiced the ones in the Brady guide but that's about it. And any tips for Stinger->BC->Teleport? I can't seem to get it consistently.

FSLink
Nov 6, 2009

So I read up on this glitch to able to select the alt Magneto costume, not sure on the rules on posting the specifics for this type of thing since you can use it to select any alt costume (and heralds color) in the game.

FSLink fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Mar 4, 2012

FSLink
Nov 6, 2009

Cat Machine posted:

I'm sure it's kosher. It's a glitch that doesn't really cheat Capcom out of their DLC, since it's somewhat limited in its scope. The original SRK thread I read it on hasn't been taken down either.

Here how it's done:
- Select a character who already has an alt costume or Heralds color, choosing their color 1.
- Move the cursor over a character whose alt costume you want to use - don't select them.
- Press B/Circle once to go back to the assist select.
- Press B/Circle again to unselect, and a fraction of a second later, hit L1/LB. It's basically a one-frame link.
- If you done it right, they'll have their alt costume selected.
- If you done it too early, they'll be on color 1.
- If you done it too late, they'll be on color 6.

Ah, okay. Well, here's a video I made of the glitch too. The timing is kind of tricky.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KKV8zKJFBE

And I can't get enough of that Rocket Racoon video. I might just pick him up again.

FSLink
Nov 6, 2009

5er posted:

Is there a good 'learn to play' website or resource for this? I just nabbed it for my Vita, and the game seems to be deeper than it lets on to be.

Shoryuken Wiki and the BradyGames UMvC3 guide are good resources.

FSLink
Nov 6, 2009
I'll sign up for the tournament, I'll be on the XBL side.

Anybody gonna stream matches for it? I'll do it if nobody else is.

FSLink
Nov 6, 2009

Ybrik posted:

No one has volunteered so far.

If Kuvo still wants to do the 360 stream, I can do the PS3 stream. I'll have to switch my entry from 360 to PS3 but that's fine with me.

FSLink
Nov 6, 2009
Yes, mine's also gonna be on twitch.

http://twitch.tv/fslink will be where it'll be at.

FSLink
Nov 6, 2009

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Missed last night's tournament but I'm eagerly looking ahead towards next week.

Did a Shuma-Gorath team really take the PS3 tournament?

Yep. Spencer/Felicia/Shuma-Gorath. The crossups with the Zip Line and the Shuma laser assist were ridiculous.

FSLink
Nov 6, 2009
Signed up for the PS3 tournament. I can stream again this time if needed.

FSLink
Nov 6, 2009
What's the best combo to do with a Spiral Swords DHC after Zero's super?

FSLink
Nov 6, 2009
I'm streaming the PS3 tournament here!

http://www.twitch.tv/fslink

If someone could come up with graphics for scoring and stuff for next week's, that'd be cool...or I could try to come up with something myself in Photoshop. Commentary would be cool too but I don't have a mic myself. :(

FSLink
Nov 6, 2009

Pixeltendo posted:

I doubt it's real, Ant-man is just too odd of a choice.

I mean why go with him when you could use characters that could be promotions for the Avengers movie? They could use Nick Fury, Loki or even Thanos over Ant-man.

Plus, it's going to be really weird when Hawkeye uses his lv.3 super on Ant/giant man.

Why would they need to promote the Avengers movie vs promoting things to come? There is an Ant Man movie in the works...though not using Thanos over Ant Man is really weird.

And the stuff sounds stupid enough to be Capcom. Reuse Ant Man's model from Hawkeye's Level 3, reuse Servbot's model, make new models for Cyclops and Megaman but reuse their movesets from Marvel 2.
I doubt it's true, but it's one of those rare lists that just sounds underwhelming enough to be right.

FSLink
Nov 6, 2009

darealkooky posted:

cyclops had strider syndrome where he had a bunch of cool ideas for moves that just sucked rear end, so if they buff them like they did for strider he'd be pretty solid.

megaman apparently gets three more guns and doesn't need to do that stupid weapon switch stuff anymore/isn't in a game that has cable in it so I think he could be pretty solid.

Like, I'm not buying this untill I see it, but it's not as terrible as you're making it out to be. Servebot seems like a waste with wright/racoon in the game, though.

I'm not saying it's too terrible, since I'd love Cyclops and Megaman in the game. I just think that the rumor sounds lazy enough to be Capcom. Adding 3 more powers to Megaman is of course a lot less work than actually making a new character moveset.

FSLink
Nov 6, 2009

Dren posted:

I also don't like the idea someone mentioned of having XF be a breaker. XF3 is too good to have being a breaker added to it. Imagine if anchor Vergil could XF3 combo breaker. He would be completely unstoppable. It wouldn't even matter who his first two teammates were he could let them die without pressing a button and still win.

PS - I think TAC infinites are fine. Did you guys see Viper's regular infinite? Fanatiq found it with the help of his stream viewers.

I think the idea behind XF being a breaker is that you press L+M+H+S and you break out of the combo, but then you can't use XF for the rest of the round. So it'd be a case of do you want to break out of this combo and risk not having XF or do you want to save it for offense or to avoid chip?
It'd be interesting I guess but I think the game is fine without it.

FSLink
Nov 6, 2009

Super Rad posted:

Should Firebrand die early on I also have a THC with Frank/Ammy that leads to guaranteed level 5, good luck to me to land a hit with lvl 1 Frank though.

For getting hit confirms with Lv 1 Frank, c.H, j.M and zombies are your friend, seriously.
j.M in particular is a great jump normal with range and beats out a lot of things, and you can usually confirm it to j.M j.M j.H *land* j.M j.M j.M j.H *land* S, then do whatever.
With Ammy assist you could probably go for an air grab too then team super to level him up quickly.

For the random tourney, I'd be down if I happen to be off that Thursday (I haven't been off work lately on Thursdays. :( ).

quote:

Also, one thing that I think fighting games need to do (capcom would benefit the most in MvC3 and SFxT): Allow pairing a flash drive with a stick. Either via hub or by saying next access device plugged in after <foo> is that player's memory. Reason being: Plug in stick + card, if you have a game profile, load up button configs/ gems/ heroes and heralds cards/ whatever. Takes what is a monster to set up tourney wise down to a 2 minute "Doublecheck everything loaded proper." Bonus points if you add in user stats so we can have someone plug in a stick and it says "Honzogonzo" in the player's corner.
Most likely, the reason this doesn't happen is because well...the same reason why Capcom Japan insists on having the lovely sort of button config instead of pressing the buttons like BB/P4A/Skullgirls/3SO/etc. That and maybe a combination of not wanting to conflict their interests with making money with arcade games that do have profile cards and such.

FSLink fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Aug 31, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FSLink
Nov 6, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0Y2r6NNB28

Got a main team now. Might switch out Doom for Rocket Racoon once I practice boulder loops. :)

• Locked thread