Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Brosnan posted:

- Sogenmu D-Loop is removed, as the moves come out quicker (doesn't OTG -> launch anymore.)

Aw, man, that suc-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rV55zM6vew (last combo)

...Uh huh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Yeah, I figured out the Vergil teleport thing after trying it out. I usually only use L+M for supers, but after that wasn't working I tried M+H, and there it goes.

After analyzing it a bit more, you basically end up cancelling your teleport cancel. So if you want to make it easy, just do QCF L+H twice, and you'll get it without fail. It's kind of silly, but there you go. (Edit: Goddammit, beaten.)

Speaking of Vergil tech, I was confused by the followup for Twin Moons for the longest time, until I tried super jumping, which worked quite well. Derp.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Say, does anyone want the GameStop costume set? I'm hoping to trade it for the Best Buy one, but whatever would really work. I don't use anyone in this set.

If you want it, just send me a PM or something like that. Or post here if you don't have that, whatever.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

So, has anyone more skilled than I am been working on any good Zero tech? I've been trying things, some of it interesting but mainly, I've been trying to get ground combo > air combo > Sentsuizan H > Buster Cancel > Raikousen L > Ryuenjiin L. I swear to Christ, that Raikousen requires stupid tight timing. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but Goddamn, something's gotta give here.

Also, goddamn, that hitstun scaling thing really hurts. You can't do a full relaunch combo like you could in Vanilla, which kinda sucks.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Well, I just spent time running my Nova/Zero/Vergil team in some real matches (albeit with pretty much unplayable lag, seriously, goddamn Capcom), and I really like this team dynamic. I can do pretty much anything from anything with a TAC, which is great. As opposed to Vanilla, I'm not putting Zero on point this time around. In fact, I'm almost considering him as a vehicle for X-Factor, since it really seems like they buffed his XF3 speed to absolutely insane heights.

The only real problem is the lack of any real way to get in. Sure, I can deal really good damage and I have a number of unblockable/ambiguous reset setups, but I really eat it when it comes to range poo poo. :argh:

Edit: Actually, would anyone who has the guide care to check what buffs Zero gets in XF? I can compare it to my Vanilla guide.

ACES CURE PLANES fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Nov 19, 2011

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

ShinsoBEAM! posted:

The day 1 combo I was running on him was, 5M5H6H,623L~H, super jump MHS,land,5M5H6H, trick M, SWORDS SUPER, start holding light, jump j.2H~H spam, release L>super. I'm thinking I can probably squeeze in another special or something somewhere. I have no idea if this is better but maybe it gives you some ideas so there is that.

This seems to be an extension/variation of the combo you're talking about :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpOkO6qyves

There's certainly some stuff that can be added, but I don't know if that's exactly what you're looking for.

Also, I finally figured out what I was doing wrong with the Zero Sentsuizan OTG > Raikousen loop I was trying to work out. You basically have to delay the buster shot just a little bit after you hit with Sentsuizan H, since the opponent gains a bit of height that, if you do the buster shot instantly, he doesn't gain, causing the Raikousen L to miss. Too bad someone beat me to the punch on a full loop. Turns out the problem I had was that I was doing a full air combo after the first launch instead of just M > Sent, causing the combo to decay. Still, I'm loving this buff.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

While we're posting videos, here's some interesting Nova stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zSwFNun92k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhdRv6Eah7s

I would've never figured out that hard knockdown bit, that's awesome. I think I might have Nova/Frank/Spencer set for a B team.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Mr. Fun posted:

Did Capcom get a lot of complaints that mission mode in vanilla didn't have stupid enough combos in it? Jeepers.

Which one brought this on? Because there are a lot of stupid combos in Ult's mission mode.

Whoever decided to have Zero's D Loop for his mission 10 use Sentsuizan M instead of H, I want to find him and break him. Why would you even want to do that ever.

Edit: vvv Strider's missions are just insane. I had a passing interest in him for a while, but then actually trying him brought me back to reality. If I'm gonna be running with crossup characters, I might as well just stick with my team.

ACES CURE PLANES fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Nov 22, 2011

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Monaghan posted:

god I realize how much I suck when I just can't seem to connect after using Rising sun. I teleport down, superjump up, and either I completely miss Jump A or if I do hit, when I try too hit him with J B I'm to high up and I completely miss him.

It might have something to do with the fact that you're using j.L and not j.M. j.L just causes whiffs and dropped combos. You need the bigger hitboxes on those moves to get it working properly.

On a side note, though, I think I'm gonna start doing some work with Spencer. Any good target combos I should be shooting for with him?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Darwins_Foot posted:

What layouts do you guys use, and why?

I use:

L M H S
A2 A1

It's a weird and unusual setup, but I like it. I can keep a finger on all of the main attack buttons, and since I usually set up my A2 as my go-to assist, the one that I use most often depending on the team. And I feel more comfortable moving my thumb between the two bottom-left buttons than I am my pinky from the top right to bottom right.

iPodschun posted:

And while I'm posting videos, here's Mike Ross vs Marn's Runnin' Sets:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDAF3M0I-Ac

drat, no matter what, I really can't bring myself to hate Marn. Even if he is kind of a douche, but that's pretty common in Marvel community.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Out of boredom with my regular Nova/Frank/Zero team, I've been experimenting with some gimmick teams. Right now, my favorite is Zero/Wesker/Nova aka Team Unblockable. Basic Zero ground string, drop combo puposefully, call Nova, low unblockable, repeat with Wesker, Hyenkyaku H and an overhead to cross up as well, and so on ad infinitum. Or until they jumpblock.

It's a stupidly impractical setup, but every now and again, I find a guy who tries to straight up block it each time. That's when it just gets flat out funny.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Seizure Robot posted:

Multiple Man doesn't seem like it'll be that great to me. As far as I can tell it means no assists and no crossovers and no aerial tags, right? I only saw one health bar shown in the video demonstrating it.

Give me something like Fing Fang Foom (primary) Thanos and Silver Surfer on a team that all have x-factor infinites any day.

As far as I can see, it's more along the lines of, when the character dies, a replacement of the same, with buffed stats, is immediately sent in. I'm going to run it with Zero for maximum laughs. Along with Sabretooth and Mega Man. Level 3 Z Busters with almost no charge time? gently caress yeah.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Countblanc posted:

When they say "charge" do they mean like zero's buster or like hulk's gamma wave?

Since it's a Megaman card, I'd just go out and assume they mean stuff like Zero's buster, Optic Blast, Vergil's Round trip, etc.

I gotta say, though, figuring out a primary/secondary setup will be a little annoying.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Seizure Robot posted:

I'm just not sure that's going to be worth it unless the attack power boost on your copies is huge or you're some kind of idiot savant who has mastered one character but is total rear end with the rest of the cast.

Ta-daah, you have your answer for why I'll be using it. Compared to my other main characters, my Zero is far and away better, and my assists tend to be focused around giving him more damage and extending combos for maximum meter gain. That's not to say I'm bad with my other two, but I just have far more hours put into Zero than any other characters. Combined.

And with the speed boost and charge boost, getting in is gonna be easier, and I can probably use them to extend loops. It should make for some pretty good stuff,

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I've been messing around in H&H for a while, and just got Sabretooth. Apparently, equipping it makes Zero's Buster Shot an automatic air tech unless you're in XF. What the hell, is this the same for all the speedup cards?

Edit: Yeah, I tried some other speed up cards, and they all do the same thing. Well, this sucks.

ACES CURE PLANES fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Dec 20, 2011

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

BORK! BORK! posted:

Im currently rocking Mephisto as my main with Myria and another Mephisto secondary. It feels a little cheap to constantly have around 3 bars but im still getting messed up by people who take huge damage/defense boosts and spam Zero mixups with army of one :( I loving hate that character with the fire of a thousand suns.

You're very welcome. There's few things I love more than Zero with boosted speed, damage buffs, and Army of One. What sucks, however, is losing his solo buster loops, since Capcom likes being retarded and made it force a tech. God.

Also, my interest in this mode really died off as soon as I realized there wasn't even any way to play friends online. I could stomach the offline loss, but losing online is just loving retarded.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I don't think there's anyone who wouldn't want to see Molly Hayes in this game. She'd have the best winquotes.

Date is surprising, though.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Padical posted:

I then ocv'd him with Wolverine and he said "now you are a man." I guess you don't have ehonour unless you win with rushdown or something.

But of course! Always onwards, towards battle and glory! Let not your path be hindered by projectiles or superjumpers or chickenblockers! Victory through overwhelming direct force! :black101:

(This philosophy is why I lose constantly, but I hold no ill will, as that's just more inspiration to refine my pressure game. And it's more entertaining that way.)

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Brett824 posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-SCUaJkovw

This character....

Aw man, as a Zero main, this is the silliest goddamn poo poo. It's amazing.

I love how everyone fears Zero as a destroyer of worlds, and I can certainly see it in combos and associated damage, but gently caress, man, that just makes the character losses to superjumping upbackers all that more depressing. :negative:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

It still gets read and blocked. Throw attempts are punished with normals or broken, Raikousen mixups get blocked (gently caress if I know how, but hey), and airdash crossovers are a little schizo.

I'm beginning to think I'm playing psychics instead of normal human beings.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Shoryu Ken Masters posted:

Saying stuff like this is silly. If you're constantly getting punished, blocked, and mixups are being read, then that's probably just a problem with you being predictable.

That's quite probable. My 'scene' consists of three players whom I get together with and play a shitton of matches with a couple times a week. Either from complacency, or playing with the same people for the last forever and a half, I have been running into ruts as of late.

My general mixup strategy for same-level air-to-air is Rai.M, buster, Rai.L, varying between actually crossing up or not, to create some ambiguity. Rai.H is my go-to for opponents above me, with variations including airdash and teleport crossups. Is there something a bit more vague I should be using? That's the general stuff I get from watching Zero match vids and poo poo.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Seeing as the air is thick with :smug:, I'm curious, what do you personally do against a zoning team? Be it try to out/counter-zone, force your way in, play at a safe approach, or whatnot?

I'll be the first to admit that I die to zoning all too well, but that's a side-effect of just never having a chance to deal with it in any real environment, and working on evasion is hard to do when you don't have any local human players to work with. It's something I do try to practice, though.

As an aside, I've been thinking of throwing Dante onto a side team. How crucial are bold cancels to combos? I'd guess that it's incredibly important, but I lack familiarity.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Transient People posted:

It's a really good thing that it's being uploaded everywhere, because nobody should miss those Marvel games. The whole thing was really solid, like Yipes' comebacks against PR Rog, the whole Raccoonstravaganza, and the hilarious fights between newbie PZ Mihe and Kusoru. It was all good, really.

To be perfectly honest, watching PZ Mihe/Meruru/Sam's Club do his thing has really lit a fire under my rear end in regards to my own Zero play. He's just so much fun to watch, and wait for him to get THE hit in, at which point it's all over for a character. That match vs Chris G was amazing, and I'm so glad he got fourth.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Hawaiian Shirt posted:

I would imagine they would do something at least about Zero's instant kill from just wherever stuff,

Yes, but what could they do? He already dies in one combo from any member of the cast, and changing his soft knockdown stuff would gut his damage down to abysmal, since that's entirely what he relies on.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

SpaceBees posted:

Netcode poo poo.

I gotta say, I do agree with this. Despite Zero being my best character, and having no problems with any of his stuff offline, when it comes down to online stuff, I pretty much constantly drop just about everything short of the most basic poo poo. It's really aggravating when even the easy version of the lightning loop keeps dropping due to lag. When it comes to online, Vergil and Wesker, who in offline matches are used more for their assist potential than anything, keep winning me matches. It sucks seeing those hours of practice go to poo poo.

That being said, I hope FChamp is wrong. I just got some good poo poo with him that I can actually use, and now they're gonna get rid of it already, even if I don't have a chance to use it online. :(

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Wozbo posted:

I'm trying to learn a new team. I'm getting sick and tired of not being able to do any mixups proper so I'm sidelining my firebrand skrull morrigan team for zero frank vergil. Anyone have any thoughts/ opinions? I jut really feel like a one trick pony with my first team and its easy to read after the 3rd match or so. Also, any combo advice featuring those three would be appreciated.

If you really want to make Frank work on that team, a better order would be Vergil/Frank/Zero. Maximum Vergil has that glorious benefit of being fully hard knockdown throughout the whole super, so it's not hard to get Frank up to Level 4 with a meter neutral combo. I'm a little too used to running Vergil with an OTG assist, so I can't speak fully for that setup, but after a few tries, I managed to work something out.

What I can speak towards is the Zero and Vergil team synergy, as I run with them. They work really well together, so that's a plus, and it's not hard for one character to get a good combo off a DHC from the other. Zero into Vergil was covered in that video earlier, but as for Vergil into Zero, Sougenmu makes a very very nice DHC tool for combo extension and lightning shenanigans.

Someone you should pay attention to is Sam's Club aka Mihe aka whatever name he's using this week. You'll mainly be looking at his Zero, but he makes some very nice use of Vergil's Rapid Slash to maximize damage. You'll probably want to learn the Lightning Loop if you're gonna run with him, because it's Zero's gateway to ludicrous damage for a pittance, and even if you F it up, you can still get a nice reset off of it, or at least some respectable chip.

Edit: Also, if you are thinking of dropping Frank, a good replacement for him would be someone with an OTG assist. With one, Vergil can get good, highly damaging confirms off of his frankly silly j.2H, not to mention extending his regular combos for even more meter and damage, and Zero can confirm much more easily off of his airthrows, as well as turn any combo into a disgustingly easy corner carry for Lightning Loop. I use Wesker for this, but that's just because there's nobody else I feel comfortable with using, but most people work well enough.

ACES CURE PLANES fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Apr 9, 2012

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Orange Crush Rush posted:

For that one dude asking about Frank, wouldn't Zero/Vergil/Frank be a better team? I think you can do Zero's rainbow Super (whatever the hell that's called) into Devil Trigger and then raw tag Frank for the Snapshot.

No, that wouldn't work. Since Rekkoha isn't a hard knockdown, they automatically tech in midair no matter what. Rekkoha > Maximum Vergil > Raw tag Frank wouldn't work either, since Vergil has that stupidly long downtime after the super. Rekkoha > Maximum Vergil > Tools of Survival (whiff), though, would work. :v:

Edit: Okay, yeah, I gave it a shot, and you can get in 76 hits with the camera shot starting with Zero. LMH f.H S, j.MMHS, land, call Frank, OTG Sentsuizan H, S, j.MMHS, Rekkoha, Maximum Vergil, ToS (whiff), Camera Shot. 666,100 midscreen, some more could probably be attained in the corner with the meterless lightning loop/Vergil Bounce, but it's still three meters drained to get Frank to level 4 and not kill, so I'm not totally sure it's worth it.

Edit 2: Okay, after further testing, you can get a camera shot off after Rekkoha > Devil Trigger > Raw tag Frank. It's a pretty tight superjump timing, but it is possible

ACES CURE PLANES fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Apr 10, 2012

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Seizure Robot posted:

That actually does work, I just tested it since I was curious and it's easy enough.

You have to DHC to Devil Trigger almost immediately after the Rekkouha startup animation (but not quite immediately or it just won't come out) and you'll have enough time to tag in Frank, chase them down in the air with an SJ and knee drop for hard knockdown then snap and if you have meter follow up. Slightly easier to just take a photo while they're in the air if you can't be assed to end it proper.

I didn't bother with the knee drop, I just went for the jump > snap, which worked well enough for me (and I was being lazy with testing it :v:). But yeah, you certainly can make him work in that team, and I can see some stuff working with it, so it's worth a shot if you really want to run him and give it some practice.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

See, the thing with Zero is that there's a very fine line between powerful and worthless. To put him onto a more even level with others would require a level of care on Capcom's part that I'm pretty sure they just don't have. It's not like the members of the top tier can't single hit kill or anything.

I won't say that they don't need some changes, though, just without doing a repeat of last time (please don't turn zero into tron capcom)

ACES CURE PLANES fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Apr 15, 2012

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

You guys are making it out to be like Zero and Wesker have been winning every major ever since the game came out. Last I checked, the only guy really making strides with Zero is Mihe, and I haven't seen anyone pulling huge victories with Wesker teams. There are characters winning majors far more regularly than those two, but there's yet to be anything said about them, so what's with the overwhelming desire for just those two to get reamed?

Edit: That's not to say I don't agree with some light nerfs, but without reducing average single meter combos from 1.2m to 400k. That's just going way too far in the exact opposite direction, see a couple notable Vanilla > Ultimate nerfs.

ACES CURE PLANES fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Apr 17, 2012

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

There's also this dongle coming out, which, though it seems made more for wireless controllers, it appears to have a USB slot in the front so you could probably hook up a TE to it.

At least, I hope so, since that would be really pretty awesome.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

BumbleChump posted:

By the way, what kinds of controllers are you guys using?

That's the stick I use, a basic TE for the most part on the outside, disregarding the art and plexi, but on the inside...

That's the lineup of springs I've used in it. The first is the one that came with it, the second is one I ordered online, and the third is one I got from the hardware store when the first two didn't satisfy me. The people I play games with absolutely hate it, and consider it unplayable, but for me, it's perfect. It certainly made my lightning loops easier to get down with more consistency, if nothing else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Captain America/Frank West/Nova

I tooled around with that for a bit a while back (well, Cap/Nova/Frank), and it really doesn't work as well as one might hope. It all kinda falls apart without TACs. As for the Nova assist bit, though, you'll want to call Nova just as you land, and delay the gently caress out of the camera shot. As in, wait until Nova's just about in the air before doing it, because it takes him so long to get out. After that, it's doing the M kick and taking a second shot (or a third if you've got yourself a nice wallbounce assist).

• Locked thread