Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

I want to touch my Rosalina-sama all over~

<3<3<3
The IGN review is pretty funny. I especially liked:

"The character select menu has been reworked to separate the Marvel characters from the Capcom fighters, which makes it a little easier to find specific characters in the roster."

Select menu? Lolz. Also, the thing about characters being separated by affiliation and therefore easier to locate, implying the opposite of vanilla.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

<3<3<3

Kuai posted:

I think my gamestop is having a midnight release for the game which is odd. is there another big game coming out on tuesday?

The Gamestop in-store sales representative told me Assassin's Creed Something.

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

<3<3<3

iPodschun posted:

Also Option Select is up with FlashMetroid playing Phoenix Wright/Iron Fist/Spencer and Ryan Hunter there (I assume)
http://www.twitch.tv/optionselect

Is this streaming from a community college or something?

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

<3<3<3
Anyone know why Amazon lists the strategy guide as shipping in 1-3 months? My Gamestop claimed their shipment with the guides was late. I even preordered the it too...

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

<3<3<3
Love that Ghost Rider kinds sounds like Nick Cage, especially when he says "Hellfire".

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

<3<3<3
Anyone here play Magneto? How do you connect Gravity Squeeze after launch? (This is the final step in mission 10.)

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

<3<3<3

Tickle Me Chelmno posted:

Are you super jump cancelling it?

No! Thank you very much!!!

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

<3<3<3

Tickle Me Chelmno posted:

Are you super jump cancelling it?

Any advice on consistently getting the hyper grav loop in Ultimate? I could pull it off reliably in vanilla, but I can't seem to do the same now, unless I'm in x factor. I've tried air dashing earlier, and it looks like the hyper grab should connect, but it doesn't.

Edit: I think I figured it out.

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

<3<3<3

The_Cack posted:

I think that "buff" she got where she leaps forward a bit makes you cross up your opponent in the corner and miss the third hit. It really sucks!

Speaking of buffs, C. Viper seems like she was buffed-the-gently caress out.

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

<3<3<3
Any Viper players around?

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

<3<3<3

The_Cack posted:

Laser seems nice but she could already do seismos for zoning so time will tell how useful that move will be. More time to input feint doesn't seem like a big deal to me.

It seems like her combo potential is better.

In vanilla my bnb combo was air dash down forward c, cr, a, st. a, cr, b, cr.c, s xx l. seismo, air dash b, air s, st. b, s, air c, double jump, air c, air s, land l. seismo xx super. If you tried to do a second seismo and then continue the combo, your opponent would reset after the first hit after the second seismo. (I admit that I may be misremembering this.)

Anyway, now not only can I add on another seismo, but I can add in an ex burning kick and actually get a relaunch without resetting. So the combo looks like this: air dash down forward c, cr, a, st. a, cr, b, cr.c, s xx l. seismo, air dash b, air s, st. b, s, l. seismo, air dash b, air s, air ex burning kick, st. c, s, air c, double jump, air c, air s, l. seismo xx qcb super.

Not only that, but in vanilla you couldn't combo st.c, h. thunder knuckle xx super even after most, if not all extended combos. For example, I could only get that to work after cr. a, st. a, cr. b, cr. c, s xx h. thunder knuckle, qcb super. Now, I can get it to work as part of most extended combos.

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

<3<3<3

ShinsoBEAM! posted:

Yeah she was actually pretty good in vanilla, but between no DHC and magneto existing why would you pick her.

I played her in vanilla. My team was Magneto, Viper, Iron Man. She's fast, and just a lot of fun to play, so I guess that's why I chose her.

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

<3<3<3
Sade, are you a Storm player?

Also, I hope you're maining Firebrand.

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

<3<3<3

Sade posted:

My main team right now is Doc Strange/Storm/Sent. I did a little mini effort post earlier today.

I... actually haven't gotten around to learning Firebrand yet :negative: My alt team is definitely gonna be built around him based on pure love for the character.

I haven't had a lot of time to play the game unfortunately, and just picked up the guide today but I didn't see this mentioned so I figured I'd share. I "found" something kind of cool with Storm. It's not insane or anything, but maybe you can mess around with it and make it better.

Anyway, after launching with cr. c, then jump canceling and doing air b, air b, air c, you have enough time now to jump immediately after this and follow up with air b, air b, air c or maybe something better. From there you can do st. b, cr. c, s, etc. Haven't really tested the new c loop bnb, but I'm guessing this can replace the vanilla, non-loop combo that allowed for one cr. c launch, then an s launch, and two reps of air b, air b, air c, 3 lightening attacks into super.

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

<3<3<3

Countblanc posted:

If you don't taunt every time you win a ranked match online then I just don't know what to say to you.

I know what to say to you: Get a life scrub. Oh and stay free too.

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

<3<3<3

Countblanc posted:

Acceptable alternatives include tea-bagging and using a really long super.

Personally, I like to initiate fly at the last possible moment, and just let it fizzle out. I'm so much better (profoundly insecure) than that 9 year old child I just bodied, that I need to show him who's boss by adding insult to injury.

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

<3<3<3

Sade posted:

Emptyquoting this! Dude has the best teleport and the best level 1s and the best set of projectiles in the whole game. The doctor is in, bitches !

Dr. Strange must be a proctologist, 'cause he's all up in dat rear end.

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

<3<3<3

That Which Squeaks posted:

Edit; Whoops, wrong thread. Anyway, I will replace the previous message with my though that fighting game streams with camera often look like two dudes jackin it.

We here at the Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3: gently caress Megaman thread respect and appreciate your input.

TEBOW

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

<3<3<3

Poco posted:

Ok, so I'm running into a few problems since I'm coming fresh from MvC2.

I've been running Dante/Akuma/Sentinel since Tuesday, and I'm really having a bit of trouble getting into the team. I really am not feeling too much synergy with Dante, as opposed to Akuma/Sent, who feel ok. Is there a good point character for this team right now? I've been testing out a few in training mode (Iron Fist, Wesker) and none of them really seem to fit the team's assist that I've been running (B/A). Any suggestions on who I should try out?

Also, I need to get a fight stick. 360's 'D-pad' is abysmal.

About how good are you at MvC2? What's your team in 2?

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

<3<3<3

Baba Yaga Fanboy posted:

Noob Kwestion Korner: What's the purpose of Dr. Strange's hyper move where he summons that blue energy around him?

Also, how do you burn Nova's red health to power up his attacks?

1. That's a projectile counter. You need to get hit by a projectile in order for Dr. Strange to counter.

2. Nova burns red health automatically while using some of his attacks.

Edit: owned as well. nice unblockable

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

<3<3<3

Poco posted:

Well, for fun I played Hayato/Jin/Sentinnel. I really enjoyed the rushdown/high pressure aspect of the team. If I was able to corner someone, constant pressure from Jin's Saotome Typhoon and Hayato's special moves made it fun. To be honest, Jin was probably my favorite character on that team.

If I was playing in a more serious setting, I'd play Storm/Jin/Sent. I got to be pretty good with Storm.

As you can see, I really liked to play as Jin (he better not be slain gently caress you capcom).

In terms of how good I was, I was decent enough to win the tournament at my very small, Tekken-loving (there were a few guys who played MvC2 till MvC3 came out) college for the past two years. I ended up pretty decent at controlling screen space, and I even perfect perfected a few guys who were supposedly good. I guess I might be above average maybe?

Try Storm/Frank West/Dr. Doom.

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

<3<3<3

UberChair posted:

Yeah I guess that's cool but let's not forget the real source of the MODOK costume

Unfortunately it's probably the closest we'll get to having either The Captain or Aaron Stack in UMVC3.

Whoa, is that loving Stilt Man from Daredevil on the right? I mean left

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

<3<3<3

Zombies' Downfall posted:

So hey I haven't picked up Ultimate yet nor heard or read anything about it whatsoever from either casuals or The Community. What's the general consensus so far? Linear improvement/refinement of Marvel 3? More of the same?

It feels weird posting something like "is this good and how good is it" in this thread but hey, there you go

"Linear improvement/refinement of Marvel 3" pretty much sums it up perfectly. Other's thoughts?

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

<3<3<3

Thundercracker posted:

Here's a question: I've been slowly learning stick recently and I find out that whenever I start the beginning of foot dive Fwd+H most of the time it's the laser that comes out.

What am I doing wrong? I tried both holding the stick forward and flicking it. It's the only thing that's really keeping me from Doom right now.

Just do forward c. That's just a command normal, it shouldn't be hard to execute at all. Although, maybe your stick is just defective.

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

<3<3<3
Don't know if this has been covered in the thread, but I did google and youtube searches without finding anything so:

I came across a trivial camera glitch using Iron Man. You can do this anywhere on screen: cr. l, cr. m, st. h, l Repulsar Blast into any of his three hyper combos. Wait for l Repulsar to end, leaving the opponent above and behind Iron Man. At that point initiate any of his hyper combos. If done properly, during the startup for Iron Avenger the camera will show IM from behind. It will show him from behind for all of both Proton Canon hypers.

Edit: Forgot to add that an easier way to connect Proton Canon for this glitch is to cancel the last hit of l Repulsar Blast into PC.

JesusLovesRonwell fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Dec 10, 2011

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

<3<3<3

Chocolate America posted:

Words mean things. The word "lame" already has a definition. That's all I'm saying here. I'll drop it after this post.

This lame argument is pretty lame. And yes words mean things, but context is huge. It's not the same meaning of lame like that time you walked in on your gf and your best friend(s) and you were all like 'loving lame dude.' It means something else entirely. In fact, the fgc's usage of that word is actually closer to its dictionary definition, than the more colloquial usage you're so wrapped up about.

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

<3<3<3

NecroMonster posted:

H&H not having local play would be just about the dumbest thing ever. So, because Capcom, I'm going to assume it doesn't have local play.

Yeah, what do want to bet on H&H having no local play. Vanilla Marvel Shadow Mode couldn't be played unless you were connected to the internet. Which is ridiculous, b/c Shadow mode packs cost a dollar or two each and didn't even need online to function.

Same with events: couldn't access them unless you were online.

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

<3<3<3

Player 2 posted:

Maybe I'm just shaking off the rust after not playing any fighting games for 6 months but Magnus mission 9 is driving me nuts:

S, SJC, j.H, ADD, j.H, H, S, SJC, j.H, ADD, j.H, H, Hypergrav...there's more but in about 100 attempts I've landed the last H before hypergrav maybe 10 times. Haggar tends to recover too soon.
I can do all of it up to the last s.H no problem and I've tried varying the timing on every part of it. The time when i have connected it just doesn't feel any different to when it whiffs :psyduck:

Any tips?

I more or less main Mag If Haggar is recovering too soon, then you're probably doing the st. H too late. Ideally, you want to hit your opponent as early as possible with st. H to connect with Hyper Grab/as part of the hg loop.

You may also be canceling into Hyper Grab too late.

Also, once you get to Mission 10, just remember to sjc into GS at the end.

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

<3<3<3

WeakLad posted:

I'm really having difficulty settling on a third for my Iron Man/Doom team. Any suggestions? I've tried Vergil, Dante, Sentinel, Spencer, and even Chris.

While each of those characters offers something different, yet all the while useful, I can't help but wonder what would benefit my team most. I really want a teleport character, but I feel like such a chode whenever I use vergil or dante.

My PSN is JustPlainLucky

If anybody wants to throw down shoot me a message.

Hey, add me I'm EthnicX. Also, I run Iron Man as anchor, partly because his beam assist is so great. What's your overall game plan with IM/Doom/???

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

<3<3<3
I have yet to play a She Hulk in Ultimate.

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

<3<3<3

Brett824 posted:

Probably because the whole Good vs Evil faction aspect of it wouldn't really make as much sense in offline vs.

Why not though? Couldn't your buddy just choose to be evil or whatever? I don't see any advantage whatsoever making this online/ai only. Capcom gives us the ability to change all kinds of system parameters, etc. yet the only way to enjoy it is over online? The same online which is already lackluster to begin with, and down right bad in most instances?

It's cool though. We'll probably get a local play option in the inevitable Arcade Edition update.

Man, Capcom never really bugged me at all before the current generation. They really are kind of garbage now.

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

<3<3<3

Niddhogg posted:

I love the speed-up card. Returns Magneto to his former glory and gives Thor the speed I always wanted him to have <3

How do I get that card?

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

<3<3<3

rocket USA posted:

^^ Yeah it's this. Maintaining situational awareness when you're in a soul-fist-spamming-trance is the hardest part of playing Morrigan.

quick gross video of me doing it

Are you willing to post notations for that 4 Thunder Knuckle Viper combo video you have up? I'd really appreciate it.

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

<3<3<3
I signed up for the tourney tonight, but I only have one ethernet cable so I can't be in irc and on PSN at the same time. Is there going to be a room to join? (This is also my first time participating in an SA UMvC3 tourney.)

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

<3<3<3

Acute Hepatitis posted:

Ybrik made a lobby i assume that's where we'll organize I or someone else could message you who you have to play

A message would be great. My PSN is EthnicX. What time does it start?

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

<3<3<3
Well, looks like we're getting that balance patch this year after all.

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

<3<3<3

Erik The Viking posted:

TAC infinites are cool.

Tac infinites are not cool, and the TAC mechanic is dumb as hell.

Cat Machine posted:

TAC infinites are really boring [and] have none of the interesting risk/reward or strategic elements that MVC2 infinites had.

JesusLovesRonwell fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Jun 26, 2012

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

<3<3<3

Correnth posted:

everything on that twitter account is a giant flaming pile of lies.
Yeah, especially because any true Marvel fan knows it wouldn't be called "UMvC3: Uncanny Edition" but rather, "UMvC3: The End".

(Secretly hoping everything on that twitter account is real.)

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

<3<3<3
This just in: Ant Man's level 3 hyper is called "Domestic Violence".

JesusLovesRonwell fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Jul 4, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

<3<3<3

Tokyo Slutty Gal posted:

Do we really need to extensively discuss every fake Twitter account just because one happened to be right once?

Yes. Get hype!

Also, Spiderman is sandwiched between two X-Men characters, and Dr. Strange is at the top of the "Misc. Marvel Villains" column. So take that, thematic unity and aesthetics.

• Locked thread