Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Nodoze posted:

You can do net and poison arrow combos with the right assists and in XF-3 you can relaunch with his forward + M twice for a million damage with the slide combo. If you play Jill or Skrull you can do some things too

http://shoryuken.com/2012/05/05/ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3-living-legend-hawkeye-combo-video/

You can cancel S into exploding arrow? This gives me so many ideas. :aaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Krad posted:

Does Hawkeye have any combos at all aside from his regular BnB? I can manage to do a reset with Dante's jamming, but that's about it. :(

Here's a crappy video of that net arrow loop Nodoze was talking about. It looks cool and feels really good to pull off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O29bv0AKIz8

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Wozbo posted:

I just did a sentinel h jump loop once and I'm an extreme baddie. Timing was drat near impossible. It looks like the hitstun scaling rapidly increases in proportion with how long you are on the ground?

It went like this: h -> fly -> l -> h -> unfly -> h -> land and immediately jump -> repeat.

Can someone with better execution confirm? I was using magneto launcher into h -> addf exchange down.

Apparently you have to hit them with a special move in the air before you land.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Krad posted:

You can cancel S into exploding arrow? This gives me so many ideas. :aaa:

You're canceling the S into a super jump and canceling the pre-jump frames into the special move, actually.

Erik The Viking
Apr 12, 2012

by Fistgrrl

iPodschun posted:

Inspired by the Trish infinite, here's a Magneto one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-85IvhlWXk

Justin thinking that any character with an 8-way airdash can do something like this so he wants to work on Storm

edit: Tweet from MrWizard in response to Justin and others thinking TAC infinites should be banned "TAC infinites in Marvel will be allowed for Evo! Get to practicing!"

Can't wait to see what MarlinPie does with Doom.

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

Erik The Viking posted:

MarlinPie is probably just pissed that someone revealed his secret Evo tech ahead of schedule.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Champ just did the mag-doom-phoenix one on stream after a couple tries, and then came up with one for doom/mags before he went to go get food

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

10 more years indeed.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream
Apparently the idea behind how this works is that in order to prevent hitstun scaling from kicking back in you have to land during the animation of an air normal, interrupting it before a certain point (probably within the active frames?) and then immediately rejump. For Sentinel, it's something like this:

SRK/Random Steam Monster/Whatever posted:

Sentinel jump loop TAC glitch: Down exchange > Fly > fly over to them > j.A > j.C > unfly > j.C (hit as soon as you hit the ground) > ( land jump immediately > j. A > j. C > fly > j.A > j.C > unfly > j.C (hit as soon as you hit the ground) ) x n

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx

iPodschun posted:

Inspired by the Trish infinite, here's a Magneto one:

Oh hey, speaking of infinites:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5WGvbBhDSY

Subbz
Nov 4, 2008
Also infinites with Joe bomb assist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUrf78SM-FQ

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

You're canceling the S into a super jump and canceling the pre-jump frames into the special move, actually.

Oh. Uhhh. So I use S, Up, then immediately DP? Sounds kinda hard to pull off.

Snicker-Snack
Jul 2, 2010
In situations like this you can do S -> special move command -> up + button. Like TK'ing, but faster.

Wozbo
Jul 5, 2010

Brett824 posted:

Apparently the idea behind how this works is that in order to prevent hitstun scaling from kicking back in you have to land during the animation of an air normal, interrupting it before a certain point (probably within the active frames?) and then immediately rejump. For Sentinel, it's something like this:

Toss a rocket punch in there somewhere and we should have it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92O1x2jdJws

I'm wrong and I just saw something explaining the theory of it.

E2: Dormammu https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1S5re71It4

Wozbo fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Jun 26, 2012

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
Are the only characters that can do the air-dash canceled TAC glitch Morrigan, Zero, Chun-li and Spider-man?

If that is the list then Zero went from S tier to S+++ tier. Who cares if Zero can't do the infinite, he has arguably the best neutral game and he can set it up.

Wozbo
Jul 5, 2010

Dren posted:

Are the only characters that can do the air-dash canceled TAC glitch Morrigan, Zero, Chun-li and Spider-man?

If that is the list then Zero went from S tier to S+++ tier. Who cares if Zero can't do the infinite, he has arguably the best neutral game and he can set it up.

It doesn't even matter, anyone with flight can reposition off of any tac.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

He basically has no reason to do it due to his damage output, while other characters who have incredible mixup and neutral game options but low output can flourish because it makes their output somewhat irrelevant.

Those would be like Strider, Jill(?), Firebrand... and probably other characters I can't remember but yeah. Also if characters who have subpar DHCs but fantastic assists (and maybe are subpar on point, too) get them it also gives players a choice to be able to use them and still have the output of the guys better than them. Like, if Iron Man somehow had an infinite that worked all ways you might actually pick him over doom just because you really love Unibeam or something. Considering it from a perspective that it'll also be used for 2char left situations it also re-introduces one touch (kinda-sorta 2 touch actually... a "forced" reset) kills to that number while gaining resources instead of being down on them constantly unless you're a top tier.

It also opens up 300% team killer gimmicks with X-23 and Shuma Gorath... and stupid crap involving Phoenix and Vergil anchors.

I can't say whether it's a good thing or a bad thing but man I really like watching the cooler looking infinites at the very least.

We need more stuff like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wibKdqiqZ4s

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
I was referring to Zero's ability to do the double TAC. That is, air dash cancel his TAC to cause the opponent's TAC counter to get spent, then TAC again in whatever direction he wants.

Zero can set up infinites more effectively because he can airdash cancel his TACs.

Something I saw pointed out on SRK is that the infinite also increases the value of characters who can set you up for a TAC then not do one and reset you when your counter comes out as a j.S.

I'm pretty sure Deadpool can do that by hitting j.H, letting them fall out, and tossing a bolo.

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo

Dren posted:

I was referring to Zero's ability to do the double TAC. That is, air dash cancel his TAC to cause the opponent's TAC counter to get spent, then TAC again in whatever direction he wants.

Zero can set up infinites more effectively because he can airdash cancel his TACs.

Something I saw pointed out on SRK is that the infinite also increases the value of characters who can set you up for a TAC then not do one and reset you when your counter comes out as a j.S.

I'm pretty sure Deadpool can do that by hitting j.H, letting them fall out, and tossing a bolo.

Is the double TAC a guaranteed deal or can you counter it in some way?

Ixiggle
Apr 28, 2009

Fenn the Fool! posted:

Is the double TAC a guaranteed deal or can you counter it in some way?

You have to predict they'll double TAC, so you don't try to counter the first one they do. After they do the first TAC, then you can guess correctly to break it like a normal TAC. You can't do two "guesses" within a cetain amount of frames, so you have to wait if you think they're going to double-TAC. I'm fairly sure thats how it's explained, anyway.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Ixiggle posted:

You have to predict they'll double TAC, so you don't try to counter the first one they do. After they do the first TAC, then you can guess correctly to break it like a normal TAC. You can't do two "guesses" within a cetain amount of frames, so you have to wait if you think they're going to double-TAC. I'm fairly sure thats how it's explained, anyway.

Yeah that's it. It's the same principle as the XFC double TAC except it doesn't use Xfactor.

The dash canceled or XF canceled TAC is not guaranteed. Your opponent can wait and counter the second TAC. The canceling techniques give you an option that beats people who mash TAC counter. Of course, they could mash with a button besides S to fake you out then counter the second TAC.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream

Dren posted:

Yeah that's it. It's the same principle as the XFC double TAC except it doesn't use Xfactor.

The dash canceled or XF canceled TAC is not guaranteed. Your opponent can wait and counter the second TAC. The canceling techniques give you an option that beats people who mash TAC counter. Of course, they could mash with a button besides S to fake you out then counter the second TAC.

In the case of an infinite (for most characters), the second TAC is still a guess though. Reading and then guessing the double TAC is pretty heavily not in your favor.

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

I want to touch my Rosalina-sama all over~

<3<3<3
Well, looks like we're getting that balance patch this year after all.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
Whatever happened to that scrubquotes website? I got a good one.

Darknessbeast10 posted:

Yeah, no. I'm not from the MVC2 days, i prefer to work for my wins.

More infinities, first Sent and Dante, then Jean. Apparently Hsien-ko has one but it's not on video yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXoaggvoYg4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Um3A5n4OO0

Hawaiian Shirt
Oct 10, 2006

I barely even drink a lot

Erik The Viking posted:

Most of Doom's air normals are wierd though, so wouldn't he have a hard time with this? You couldn't use much more than his j.M to keep people juggled in the air, since his j.S sends them down to the ground immediately, but I'm sure I'm forgetting SOMEthing.

edit: his j.H I guess? I can't really visualize how it would work.

Wozbo
Jul 5, 2010
What about butter gun?

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Erik The Viking posted:

Erik The Viking
Apr 12, 2012

by Fistgrrl

Hawaiian Shirt posted:

Most of Doom's air normals are wierd though, so wouldn't he have a hard time with this? You couldn't use much more than his j.M to keep people juggled in the air, since his j.S sends them down to the ground immediately, but I'm sure I'm forgetting SOMEthing.

edit: his j.H I guess? I can't really visualize how it would work.

I'm sure he's working on it and I'm sure he'll find something. :)

edit: See above

Wozbo posted:

What about butter gun?

That's j.H. Also why do people call it "butter gun"? The beam isn't even yellow. :confused:

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Erik The Viking posted:

That's j.H. Also why do people call it "butter gun"? The beam isn't even yellow. :confused:

It was yellow in MvC2.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
[AG] MarlinPie ‏@MarlinPie
this means almost every char has one. inf requires decent aerial mobility for height adjustment and for timing. not necessarily an airdash.

time elapsed to find doom's tac inf: 2 mins. dante's: 2 mins(but hard) magneto's: 10 mins(but free to execute). also, i broke it down.

He's still working on Ammy. I'm very scared of this man.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
I hope i'm not the only one who finds that TAC infinite boring as gently caress to watch. The next time I see someone complain about Zero's lightning loops i'm just gonna link one of these videos and tell them to shut up.

Cyngur
Jan 1, 2007

heh
Surprised he hasn't looked for one for viper yet, she's gotta have one i would think.

quote:

I hope i'm not the only one who finds that TAC infinite boring as gently caress to watch. The next time I see someone complain about Zero's lightning loops i'm just gonna link one of these videos and tell them to shut up.

Seeing how this will play out at evo is going to be interesting more than anything.

Erik The Viking
Apr 12, 2012

by Fistgrrl

Dias posted:

time elapsed to find doom's tac inf: 2 mins.

:stare:

I can't wait for someone to post it so I can spend hours failing to be able to do it.

TaurusOxford posted:

Lightning loops are cool. TAC infinites are cool. Anything requiring good execution is cool to watch. I'm sorry you feel otherwise. Nobody at EVO who is competing for thousands of dollars is going to care how "boring" anyone thinks their combos are to watch.

Erik The Viking fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Jun 26, 2012

Wozbo
Jul 5, 2010
MarlinPie will have to rename himself InfinitePie.

mmmmmmmmm, Infinite Pie :homer:

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Erik The Viking posted:

Lightning loops are cool. TAC infinites are cool. Anything requiring good execution is cool to watch. I'm sorry you feel otherwise. Nobody at EVO who is competing for thousands of dollars is going to care how "boring" anyone thinks their combos are to watch.

Nah they suck. Hopefully this gets people to stop playing this game but I doubt it until capcom releases something new to get people's attention.

Jmcrofts fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Jun 26, 2012

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
Justin said on twitter yesterday he was gonna figure out Storm's TAC infinite. Hope he does in time for evo!

Erik The Viking
Apr 12, 2012

by Fistgrrl

Jmcrofts posted:

Nah they suck. Hopefully this gets people to stop playing this game but I doubt it until capcom releases something new to get people's attention.

Yes please continue to tell us people in the UMVC3 thread that we shouldn't play UMVC3 anymore. This strategy has worked countless times in the past. Like when I went into the DOTA thread last week and told everyone to stop playing it. Worked like a charm.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Erik The Viking posted:

Jesus, touchy much? I said the TAC infinites are boring to watch, not that I hope everyone who uses it dies in a fire. Calm the gently caress down.

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

I want to touch my Rosalina-sama all over~

<3<3<3

Erik The Viking posted:

TAC infinites are cool.

Tac infinites are not cool, and the TAC mechanic is dumb as hell.

Cat Machine posted:

TAC infinites are really boring [and] have none of the interesting risk/reward or strategic elements that MVC2 infinites had.

JesusLovesRonwell fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Jun 26, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

TAC infinites are really boring that have none of the interesting risk/reward or strategic elements that MVC2 infinites had, it's literally a loop of three or four moves in the corner x10 or whatever until death.

• Locked thread