Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
New Chappelle was great, gonna recommend it to everyone I know. He's a really smart dude.

Along the same-ish lines but with more comedy than raw reality, Netflix also recently released Michael Che's excellent "Matters." It was filmed in the summer of 2016, but the BLM/race topics he discusses are obviously as relevant as ever.

Also, Hannah Gadsby's new Netflix special, "Douglas", is very very good. I know that "I laughed so hard it hurt" is kind of a cliché thing to say, but there was one section when Wifezwang and I were both laughing so hard, it actually hurt. The rest was quite funny too. She's one of the more masterful comedians I've seen at keeping the audience where she wants them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Jingleheimer posted:

I don't know if it's technically a comedy podcast but I like the one Dax Shepard does. It's a lot like Conan's but not as good because it doesn't have Conan's personality and the episodes are twice as long. But Dax is a interesting person and he's a pretty good interviewer.
Dax is a fantastic interviewer and he has on a lot of great guests. I wouldn't call it a "comedy podcast," but it's one that features smart/interesting people and happens to be reasonably funny.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Megazver posted:

I sometimes worry about Marc Maron. He was into heroin and his SO more or less died in his arms at the start of the pandemic and he's had to spend the last lovely rear end year all by himself. I hope he's doing better than the circumstances permit.
He adopted a kitten about two months ago. Now his livestreams mostly consist of following the cat around the house and yelling its name.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
:smith:

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
If nothing else, we got the video of Chris D’Elia finding out that you can save Snapchats thanks to his being on Brendan Schaub’s podcast at the time, and that was loving hilarious.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

DC Murderverse posted:

I will give Seinfeld credit for this: the man has way too much control over his image to ever appear in public again with CK. I just remember that interview special with the two of them, Gervais and Rock where CK drops the n-word as Rock and Gervais laugh and Seinfeld is there like “look you do what you want but I absolutely cannot be seen saying that poo poo or endorsing anyone else saying that poo poo”.
”I haven’t found it, nor do I seek it.” lol drat

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
I got an email from Netflix about the Chris Rock thing 9 minutes before it started, lol

Mister Speaker posted:

Marc Maron's From Bleak To Dark was really good.
Yeah, wife and I watched it last night. We enjoyed it, though it definitely delivers on the name.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
Marc Maron made fun of those comedians in From Bleak to Dark. People bitching about ‘cancel culture’ or ‘wokeness’ is a surefire sign that they are hopelessly out of touch and also probably out of ideas too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
:ughh: