Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Louis CK put up Oh My God, which includes an extended version with jokes that were cut from the HBO airing.

https://buy.louisck.net/purchase/oh-my-god

Haven't seen it yet, so I don't know any specifics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

I'm not practicing, but I think maybe like if you do some crowd work in those situations? Like say something like "yeah, it's pretty bad" with a knowing nod as soon as you hear the gasp. Something like that.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Bonk posted:

Yeah, I pretty much knew what I should've done right after the moment had passed, but she kind of did it in mid-sentence. That, or something like Mike Birbiglia's pre-emptive "Before I tell you this, remember that you're on my side."

Yeah exactly, get them on your team. "I know what I'm about to say is horrible but roll with me for a while" but not in so many words

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

No Louie thread?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

I'm not at a point in my life where I feel I can take on being the OP of a thread on the something awful forums.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

The Chris Rock Vulture interview is really good btw. He is insightful as hell, goddamn.

http://www.vulture.com/2014/11/chris-rock-frank-rich-in-conversation.html

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Hadn't heard Burr before but I was pointed towards this and I found it funny so. You all probably seen it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaLTWW_yEG4

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Jippa posted:

Burr is the first comedian that once I heard one of set of his I had too look out every thing available straight away. I think he is top of the pile currently. Hilarious dude.

Watching his "You People" show and i'ts really good

Just gotta say, he has a weird & smooth forehead for a guy who does a bit on facelifts looking weird. dunno might just be me

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

I didn't like it very much, and I really wanted to.

It was just unfocused & all over the place, and he spent way too much time making noises & faces. In the bat story there was a bit where he says that he'd just been going on with it until the applause stopped & that kinda seemed like describing the whole show.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Wow that took me way too long.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

XIII posted:

I haven't seen the new CK (I've downloaded it, just haven't gotten around to watching it), so I might come back and change my tune, but I support a comedian who gets massively famous doing a thing and decides to completely switch gears and do something different (be it a throwback to his/her older style or a totally new one).

He's adopted the Carlin model of "a special a year". Like Carlin, they aren't all going to be winners, but he's pushing himself as a comic and, in my book, that alone deserves respect.

Yeah, I don't mind that he wants to switch it up & there's definitely room for a few flukes here & there when a show is only 5 bucks. And I might even love it on a later rewatch, it was just so very different from what I expected that it didn't work for me. Anyway I just watched him on Letterman from this week, I guess the night before the Comedy Store special came out, and he makes a lot of jokes about people not liking him at Madison Square Garden & Mitzi whoever at the Comedy Store. I thought that was pretty funny in light of a bunch of reactions in this thread.

Also, what Senor Tron said. Most active Danish comedians I can think of put out a new show at least every couple years. I guess America is big enough that a comedian who has put together a good set can basically live off that for decades, or could anyway before youtube & iphones.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Back in the late 90s an American friend gave me a CD of some I think Maryland morning zoo radio show "Kirk Mark & Lopez" and on that CD was a bit where this guy Pablo Francisco was in the studio and he kills it, I loved it. Then like 10-15 years later I see randomly that he's on I think Comedy Central, and it's pretty much the exact same bits. To be honest, it's kind of impressive.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

FitFortDanga posted:

What do you think: thievery, homage or coincidence?

As I read it, the snowman is an homage. He's not saying that fixing the tape is harder than putting a hat on a snowman, it's more like the snowman is his helper and he's thanking it with the hat, the snowman being the original comic, and the reference being the hat.

Like a rapper quoting a hook, basically.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Prickly Pete posted:

Obviously. Also, I think Louis CK secretly hates homosexuals. I mean listen to the guy.

No it's just a funny voice *louis ck face*

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Speaking of,

Piquai Souban posted:

Just wrapping up a stay in NYC, and saw Louis CK drop in unannounced at the Comedy Cellar to try 50 new minutes of new material. Went to UCB to check out Whiplash the next night, and he dropped in to do the same thing with a few new premises and small bits of wording change. It was near to see into his process like that.

What kinda material was he doing? Funny voices stuff or like Conan O'Brien cellphone stuff?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

you should hella do it
but also you will bomb big time

idk but i am told the more you bomb, the better you get. unless you fight the audience. dont fight.

thats the natutre~

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

im fat and drunk

but heres a good early set

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlaTVf5suZk

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Thanks for the rec, just watched the foot fetish thing from Not Safe, and also some other "not safe for TV" thing from a talk show about squirting.

She's funny as hell. Great timing. Def gonna check out her special.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

bango skank posted:

So they're jerk off videos?

I think ASMR stuff is like if you have no human contact at all in your life, listening to a pretty lady say sweet things into your ear might be pretty nice. I dunno, though. I doubt it would be A Thing at all if the people who are into it just asked their girl-/boyfriends to whisper sweet nothings to them though.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Hasn't Stewart Lee alwasy been kindof self-indulgent though? I only really know his old Top Gear bit, "political correctness gone mad", etc from that era (which imo is great), with the 4th wall interludes &c. What's a representative clip from the show?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Ack and a seven year old daughter. That loving sucks.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

On the other hand he could do a Liam Neeson and be an incredible action hero.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

God if he stays in comedy and doesn't do a Moranis. Oswalt can get dark, but if he really just goes there without abandon? I'm a litty nervous (it'll be good obvs but someone might die).

I really hope he and their daughter are with other family and/or friends. It comforts so much to know you're in a safe place and everyone knows you and loves you and knows what happened.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Medullah posted:

Yeah we saw Norm last year in Michigan and he got DRUNK. The show was good, but he began rambling like crazy and ended up going for like three hours before finally saying good night and stumbling off stage.

that sounds amazing

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Chris D'Elia: daddy is a mega producer
Pauly Shore: mom owns the Comedy Store

How the poo poo did Jamie Kennedy happen?

Chappaquiddick

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Huh, I assumed Metzger's character on Horace & Pete was a parody of idiots, but I guess that's his thing?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

My dad sometimes says "Hey, Rapaport!" because he hurt Walter Matthau say it in a movie once.

So that comes in my mind every time I see Rapaports face. Thanks for listening! :)

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

HEY NONG MAN posted:

God. My dad does this with weird Jon Lovitz catchphrases or random Piscepo callbacks. I thought it was just him.

Huh!

I guess that's another till now unsung dad habit.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Remulak posted:

Nice try Kurt. Try disguising your name better next time.

whoa nice catch

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Watched Hannibal Buress' show, he's probably my favorite comedian right now & I've only seen him on random TV things and that one show, but gently caress it was insanely tightly performed.

e: Comedy Camisado

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Not Operator posted:

Whos's on stage? Nihilist political Frankie or more "What's the actual most hosed up thing I can say" Frankie?

¿por que no los dos?

tho if thats not possible, id prefer the former too

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

review here, sounds to be an excellent set

https://www.theguardian.com/stage/2017/aug/08/frankie-boyle-eicc-review-edinburgh-festival

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

El Gallinero Gros posted:

It might be the best of his career.

Faint praise

I mean I like the guy but he's not really that funny

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Megazver posted:

He's pretty good on Twitter. He'd probably host a mean podcast.

googled & found this, its alright

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4cHWDTNWBs

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

welp no more louis ck for me i guess

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

where is this from?

it sounds like it could be his voice but i think im still subscribed to his website emails and i havent gotten an email or seen it anywhere else

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

thanks

ugh though, he writes about it like he thinks he did this when he was 16, not 36. also jfc mentioning current projects like its an ad

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

ya know, It's funny how literally all the counters to the #metoo stuff are white dudes generously 30+ saying "back in my day we all did that and nobody sayd nothing"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

sexpig by night posted:

I'm pretty sure that tweet is more 'haha I'm an idiot' than 'hey shut up broads we're just havin fun'.

soz i wasnt speaking to a tweet, i just had to say it