Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

trapped mouse posted:

lovecraftian body horror is nws-looking, right?

https://i.redd.it/1nu2003cp7gz.gif

note: don't click this if the idea of an extremely visible and painful leg cramp makes you uncomfortable
My calves twitch like that but less severely all the time. I can't normally feel it but I can see it.

freeedr posted:

Tetanus shots are almost completely painless and last ~10 years stopping you from the most horrifying death you can likely imagine.
The last three times I've had tetanus shots (if you have a dirty cut they'll give you another if you haven't had one in 5 years) have been incredibly painful with swelling and made my bicep can't-lift-my-arm unusable for a couple of days then sore for a few after that. Still better than tetanus, but I disagree on almost completely painless.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

How cute, they're going to get matching his and hers road rash.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

The Bloop posted:

That's.... Really up in there, isn't it?

RoboRodent posted:

I wear leggings a lot but I never had them turn into pronounced wedgies like that.
Some are designed to give you a wedgie like that.
https://www.wish.com/search/leggings/product/5aa0e7432d659f09cfdeb4d7

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

RoboRodent posted:

It's for children. Half the fun is the digging it out, like you're a treasure hunter. Have you not seen those "excavate your own dinosaur model from a chunk of plaster" kits? Same idea, just with cool skeletons and a little "real gold" treasure! That's cool, if you're like, seven.
I remember those from about that age, they were normal $10 but reduced to $4 at Marshall's or TJ Maxx. My dad didn't like the tools given or the idea of soaking it first, so he brought out tools he used on actual archaeological digs for me to use and made me do it the hard way.

Picnic Princess posted:

I've eaten sand. Well, actually dry dirt. I sampled ancient volcanic ash and lacustrine clay deposits on a geomorphology field trip to differentiate them. They look and feel the same, but volcanic ash tastes like burnt dust while lacustrine clay taste like you ate your art project.

Edit: I forgot what thread I was in lmao
As per the above anecdote, I got into the habit of licking rocks at a young age. This went about as you would expect until I licked a Martian meteorite; my tongue went numb for at least an hour and tingled until the middle of the next day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

RandomFerret posted:

What superpowers did you get?
None so far
Given my family history, I'm probably going to die from either a heart attack or some sort of cancer in my 50s anyway, so we may never know the true cause.

• Locked thread