Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Sjohnson20 posted:

I run Discotek/Eastern Star by the way. I've been lurking here for awhile and decided to register. Thank you for all your support on the DVD set. I tried very hard to make it as good as possible with what we were given since I love Game Center CX so much.

Hello thank you for the cool DVD also please make more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Oh man, the Parappa episode went from being pretty alright to amazing in like 2 seconds in the last chunk. So good.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Lizard Wizard posted:

See, I vastly prefer Parappa 2 because it's more lenient, and in a lot of ways, more amazing.

Basically y'all should buy the sequel to this game right straight now. :colbert:

And in a dissenting opinon, Parappa 2 is piss-easy, boring and the songs fall apart halfway into stage 4 (only to be slightly redeemed with Food Court). The first 3 songs are some of the best in the series though! Everyone should play the first 3 stages of Parappa 2 and then stop.

Or just listen to the first 3 songs and play Um Jammer Lammy instead.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

RadicalR posted:

Excuse me - I like Hair Scare. :colbert:

I'm very sorry about your weird brain with the bad tastes.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

I am also one of the crazy people that legit really likes the Virtual Boy. It probably helps that I have mutant eyes that don't shrivel up when I play it but it's actually got some really fun games and I love the sound chip on it.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Metro Cross is a fun little arcade game with sick as hell music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2GndYXg5Qk

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Jamesman posted:

I don't care either way so long as the subs are accurate.

They aren't though for the most part. Even the parts that are sound extremely stilted and unnatural, like in the J.J. and Jeff episode when Arino's trying to do the warp and the subs go "Ah, a pity! What a pity! Ah! Pity!" every time he misses. They're bad subs dude.

absolutely anything fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Feb 4, 2013

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Mister Crane posted:

I've read that article and it quelled nothing.
The only thing it explained was the TamaGe segments being gone which isn't my problem.

This probably has something to do with the fact that your concerns are stupid as hell and not based in reality for the most part

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Caitlin posted:

But really as long as it's not Turok : Dinosaur Hunter... :suicide:

I believe you mean VIOLENCE KILLER: TUROK NEW GENERATION

fake edit: this is actually the japanese name for turok 2 not 1 but who cares

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

univbee posted:

Hello and welcome to the non-challenge segments of episode 92 (Shiren the Wanderer Part 1). Featuring a new and revolutionary saucy game center! Guaranteeing a bigger, more exposed chest! Its capsule games contain the stuff of legends! A place where the losers are pros and the pros are losers!

Then, find yourself in a world without color, except not really. Featuring frogs, snakes, giant robots and homicidal lines. And lastly, the games

All this and more brought to you by zari-gani, whose super-vision is so sharp she can rip DVDs just by looking at them.

Download torrent81 (1 files; 221.77 MB)
View torrent stats

Direct Download

I liked this post better when it was just the picture and links.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

I watch the whole thing start to finish and the people that don't are weird!

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Shocking Videos MAX is the dumbest goddamn thing which is exactly why it's the best.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

zari-gani posted:

It will be publicly announced on June 14 though.

Happy birthday to me! :toot:

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

GidgetNomates posted:

He does say goofy things but in a really earnest way. All the advertising for this game made it sound like the dirtiest possible game like he was just going to be swearing at you 24/7 and it wasn't like that at all. I mean one of the ads was just flat out a dude loving a fish because I guess Seaman makes you want to gently caress fish or something. That is not even vaguely the actual vibe of this game. He can be crass sometimes but he's a lot more serious than you expect.

Yeah Seaman's pretty rad. I beat it for the first time earlier this year (show of hands who here knew Seaman was a game you could beat or a game that even had a set goal) and it's like absolutely nothing else out there. Also the story (show of hands who here knew Seaman was a game with a story) takes a turn for the loving batshit near the end. It's great.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Mario & Wario is a cool rear end game and I want to see Arino do it

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

bpc908 posted:

Why would parts of it be in english if it's a japanese game, hmmmm

Because it's Japan and they do that a lot

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

PureRok posted:

While watching some older episodes I missed, this happened and I couldn't stop laughing.

KACHO NO BONUS

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Nipponophile posted:

OK, we get it. You've expressed your opinion and made your point four times over. A public forum is really not the place to be having this sort of discussion, as any help or advice you can offer would be just as effective via PMs or email.

As it is, you're stopping just short of saying "You guys are poo poo, and you're unfit to lick the boots of a master encoder such as myself." If that's not your intention, then you need to put more thought into how you're coming across.

Actually I'm pretty sure MEAT! is being reasonable and you're kind of being a weirdo with this post???

I guess I should expect it because every time there's anything even remotely resembling any sort of criticism in this thread people take it real fuckin' personally but that doesn't make it any less weird. Be normal.

absolutely anything fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Mar 8, 2014

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Nipponophile posted:

Oh lord, let's not kick off the "translation vs. localization" debate again, please.

I think if anyone's allowed to kick it off it's probably him

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

univbee posted:

IIRC the only complete TV Nihon episode we re-did was the Ghosts 'n Goblins episode, mainly because they seriously mistranslated an interview in it. Apparently TV-Nihon was really pissed about this and will pretty much ban anyone from SA from their forums or whatever.

Now I really want you guys to do the rest

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Japanese Phone Box posted:

A bit off topic about Mario Land... is it that some games show "colored" through a Super Game Boy because they're programmed to detect one and use it's features? Or is it hardcoded to the Super Game Boy program ROM? Or both?

Anyone knows?

This is a really really good series of articles on the Super Game Boy and how it works, why it's cool and how almost nobody used it for anything worth a drat. http://loveconquersallgam.es/post/2350461718/gently caress-the-super-game-boy-introduction

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Justin_Brett posted:

Wasn't Crimson Echoes also not that great? I played a little of it and wasn't too impressed.

Back when I used to check GBATemp a lot they would have periodic news articles about it and they'd always use this screenshot and I'd laugh really hard every single time I saw it

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

In-N-Out is insanely overrated. Their burgers are okay and their fries taste like potato chips. Animal Style just sucks. Thank you for reading my fast food opinion.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Smoking Crow posted:

Super Pitfall isn't that bad when you know what you're doing

nah it's extremely bad at all times

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

i was just about to post about how super spy hunter looks sick as hell and i want a copy and now there's a new episode

now that's service

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Nemo2342 posted:

I'd have loved to see him take on Flying Warriors, but as you mentioned it's a weird mashup of two other games and was never released in Japan.

I know exactly one thing about Flying Warriors and it's the only thing I care to know because it is the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WS7dNt5ENts

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Kakaricho posted:

Next challenge is I.Q. on the Playstation.

Rest in peace, Arino.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

i wish to unlock arino

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

I just watched the Mario Maker episode and I'm sure someone somewhere must have pointed this out BUT not here so I'll do it just in case it hasn't happened: when Arino unlocks the Pikmin costume at the end the subtitle says "Pikman"

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

univbee posted:

We'll never live this down. We should cease all subtitling at once. :negative:

In the interest of Poe's Law, my internet lawyer has recommended I release a statement clarifying that I am kidding and just having fun.

I'm sorry it has to be this way but, well, it's the right thing to do given the circumstances

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

oh man photograph boy rules

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

edf1 is a perfect choice lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

locationscouts posted:

There is a user who had done a frequently updated mega pack torrent on Nyaa for the subs. They have not yet updated their 2021 megapack to include the latest content. As such it can be highly confusing to know what's available these days.

There's no point in us doing our own mega pack til we have a bit of a break in new subs. Maybe next year. So, here's a complete list of all GCCX material that SA-GCCX (active 2012?-2019), GooseCanyon (active 2019-2023) and LocationScouts (active 2021-2023) have released over the past five years.

Ordered chronologically by episode order, with specials, DVD exclusives and other bits and pieces at the bottom. I haven't included any of the inaccurate or AI efforts released by others, your mileage may vary.

[linx]

this is super helpful, thanks