Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

rdbbb posted:

If it's any consolation, there's plenty of hardcore and casual GCCX fans in Japan that never heard of AVGN!

I'm an American and I don't know what that is. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

Random Stranger posted:

Edit: The view from the challenge room the day before yesterday. Someone said something about not ever seeing precipitation?

They're just dangling Nakayama over the set with a box of soapflakes in front of one of Tsuruoka's dioramas. I'm not fooled. :colbert:

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

The White Dragon posted:

If you're looking for something a little meatier, maybe check out a Taiga drama. Musashi from 2003 was pretty great poo poo.

I got this a few months ago thinking, "at least I know most of the actors in this one, I'm finally going to watch one of these!" Still haven't watched the first episode yet due to other shows popping up. :saddowns:

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

zari-gani posted:

Then they paid extra care for this episode, because the amount of hair gel and lipstick is hard to ignore.

Did Arino join a visual kei band?

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

Random Stranger posted:

Arino might not even be aware that this kind of thing is happening. Some people are almost definitely aware of it happening but that doesn't mean that the knowledge has penetrated Arino's skull.

He's almost definitely unaware of his newfound popularity as a wrestling superstar...

Arino is a pretty clever guy. I bet he's totally aware of all this stuff, but he's commenting on it in a way that acknowledges it but doesn't cause trouble.

Maybe not the wrestling thing though. :v:

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Arranging to get stuff outside of Japan would probably be costly and involve lots of effort for a comparatively low return. Plus it's not like GCCX is a merch show like Kamen Rider or sentai stuff. We're probably lucky there's official goodies at all.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

kirbysuperstar posted:

Akachan (roughly) means baby. You're thinking of akai, which is red.

Though the aka part of akachan uses the same kanji as akai. I presume there's some kind of reasoning for this. Japanese! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

Jamesman posted:

Foreign shows have foreign elements. TV-Nihon's choice to preserve some of those elements was not a representation of quality, nor is SA's choice to eliminate some of those elements. If you prefer not to have those elements, then good for you. I don't care either way so long as the subs are accurate.

I remember making this argument once too. :v:

Personally I've watched a few series subbed by TV Nihon and never had any problems with them. Not to mention someone going through subs by a group they don't like or use specifically to look for typos so they can complain about them is at the very least obsessive, but borders more on petty and sad to me.

HoneyBoy posted:

not once did it occur to Arino to tongue Baby Mario out of the air. :v:

This is not a sentence I ever wanted to read. :gonk: