Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

The 6th game to be challenged at Saitama is Captain Tsubasa.
Another game he beat "but you didn't beat this one team, so..."

I'm sort of starting to feel like they're scraping the bottom of the barrel a little bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

A "Super Hot! DVD-Boxset 20 Anniversary Live Show!" is scheduled to air on YouTube from 7 P.M. on August 25th (JST).

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Rochallor posted:

I've been working my way through the Metal Gear Solid DVD episode (not necessarily recommended, it mostly consists of Arino watching the cutscenes and going, "Huh") but I got to the bit where Ocelot puts Snake in the torture rack and you have to mash to stay conscious, and I think Arino might be the slowest button masher I've ever seen.

https://imgur.com/a/XuJmh2R

That was probably the biggest disappointment I've ever had from the show (MGS chllenge).
And I saw the movie in theatres.

Kakaricho fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Aug 25, 2023

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

I think it's great that other groups are picking up where others have left-off, for whatever reason. I don't check it often, but if you or any other teams want to email me at vrkakaricho@gmail.com, please feel free to do so.

locationscouts posted:

maybe even jD (VRis raws), might still be around.

VRis...what exactly?
It was a long time ago, but that person is why the VR team ceased to exist. Tread lightly, I'd hate to see people deprived of getting new subtitled episodes.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

locationscouts posted:

Thanks for the offer, we will send an email.

No bad blood intended, I wasn't aware of the situation there. We're just looking for HD sources for some of the earlier episodes. I've edited my earlier post and you can feel free to do the same to remove the mention.

On that topic though, as it stands there are a number of Nyaa uploads that aren't seeded, from several years ago. And a handful seem to be HD broadcast transport streams or MKV/MP4 encodes of some episodes that we otherwise may have in only SD or resolution or low quality encodes. Particularly we are looking for the BS Sky PerfecTV TS files (~110s,130-150ish) and some CS Fuji One TS files (~110s,160s-180s).

Do things as you like, it was just a heads-up. If I had the time, I'd still be translating, but turns out you need to feed and raise kids once you've had them, who knew?!

edit: Didn't get to see the GCX 20th Museum in Japan? Now the Shibuya location can be viewed online!
If you can pay through Lawson Ticket.

https://www.hmv.co.jp/en/news/article/230728141/

Sometimes I think they don't like the overseas fans...

Kakaricho fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Sep 5, 2023

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

makere posted:

How hard it is to make a website where you just select the ticket and put in your credit card.

It's mainly designed to link it to your phone number here to prevent scalping. Re-sale for profit is specifically forbidden in their ToS, of I can't go to the Saitama Event, I'll be lucky to just lose all my ticketing fees (about 800 yen.)

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

makere posted:

I think you can pretty much input random phone number and it'll be fine. One could just tie tickets to name and require ID at gates (which is what they do at some concerts here).

e-Tickets are catching on more now, it seems. It's what I have for October.
A lot of this is because of idol concerts, apparently.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

zari-gani posted:

Countries represented so far: Canada, USA, Mexico.

North America - cleared!

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

The merchandise for the Saitama Event has been revealed

https://gccx20th.jp/

(menu button under Goods)

They'll be for sale online from midnight October 1st through 11:59 P.M. October 15th, but no mention if they ship internationally (unlikely, sadly, given precedent. )

I really need the tote bag if nothing else - I have it's twin brother from the Budokan event twn years ago, and it's still going strong, despite almost daily use. My lunch and water bottle, full, and then empty cans of booze, changes of clothes and diapers for my kids, story books from the library for said kids, it's been a trooper for ten years.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

makere posted:

Is one of the T-shirt designs by zari-gani? Picture is too tiny to figure out, but it sort of looks like her art.

Indeed it is!

Mister Chief posted:

Anyone going? Still tickets available so maybe i should.

If I can scrape up the train fare, I plan to go. Been a lot of expenses lately, and family first, so hard to say.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

ExiledTinkerer posted:

They need to get Kibe in a series of increasingly inscrutable disguises to justify a Ramen/Somen/Soba/etc corner in the future as the hunger stoking factor was/is unreal somehow.

Disagree, after that mess of the MGS episode, I think the writer should focus on writing (there's probably just more money in having him in front of the camera, middle-aged ladies go bonkers for him at events.)

Hirayuki posted:

Is Abe still making his culinary contributions? I think he stopped updating his recipe blog a long time ago.

Not since 2020 or so, make the writer write, but let the cameraman cook, his recipes were good and surprisingly easy to make.

Kakaricho fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Sep 26, 2023

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/brizobst/status/1707691648694808830

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

locationscouts posted:

Hello, LocationScouts is currently looking for people interested in translating, timing, or typesetting episodes of Game Center CX. DM or email us if you are interested in helping us out.

You can find more info below:
pastebin.com/raw/w8iyKb9y

Good luck with your search, I hope you find some great people to look with.

The Saitama Event is less than a month away, and one title is still a secret.
Who wants to guess? I thinking Space Channel 5, encouraging the audience to sing/chant along.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

locationscouts posted:

Thank you. We've already received some interest. On a related note, I sent you an email.

Replied!

quote:

As for Space Channel 5, I think that'd be pretty fun. Klonoa's final boss is my guess, given the closing remarks in that episode.

Challenged failed in the last five years, very easy to get a crowd involved, it really sticks out as a candidate.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

The Kins posted:

The second part of Sakurai's portion is up, the second part of Arino's premieres in 24 hours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ll01fYUI_iQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5QV0BKC4xo

Arino and Sakurai just sitting and playing games is really chill, no pressure to be funny or play well, just two guys having fun with games.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

My totebag and official program for the 20th Anniversary arrived!

The memories page was cute, so I wanted to share it. Also, they are still keeping the last game secret!

I think my 10th Anniversary bag has held up over a decade of use as well.

https://imgur.com/gallery/KsoQFer

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

The Kins posted:

And premiering tomorrow: Arino watches on as Sakurai and Kibe geek out over Sega Genesis games.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAUorV5bCOk

Prominent Nintendo employee and a non-famous Sega fan boy.
I watch these with my kids sometimes, someone give me a spoiler alert if Sakurai gouges Kibe's eyes out or something, please.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

A video from the Fan Club revealed that Arino, etc., knew about the first two games being remade as far back as January, before the 20th Anniversary Press Conference even. Arino wanted to something like "Boy, they really should port those games to the Switch!" at said press conference.

This led to one of my new favorite lines: Kan - "Abe will punch you for that. I won't hit you, but Abe will."

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

skyegccx posted:

Yamada is also mentioned during the mini corner in episode 237 when Toujima shows up and introduces himself as the first AD. Arino says "Are you just gonna pretend that Yamada doesn't exist?"

He's not given a number or even a "The Orignal" name like Toujima.

https://imgur.com/YBb6G8Q

Kan asks if there's anything Arino remembers from the first episode. Arino replies "Everyone says Toujima was the first AD, but there was someone before him, but none of the current staff know about him, just the original members." Kan says "Yamada?", and Arino tells a story about going out to dinner after a shoot with him and Kobayashi, where Yamada said he would do his best, only to be gone the next episode.

Why exactly is never said, and likely never will be.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

zari-gani posted:

I also love the very early days of the show. They don't yet know what Arino is capable of (or incapable) and everyone is babies. Arino was only 32 years old in the MM2 ep, definitely my senior when I first saw it, and I'm much older now!

Kan's forward in the Saitama Event Program mentions the show was originally supposed to be a show where Eichiro Funakoshi interview manga creators. It sort of panned out differently. And I was thinking about the clip where they discuss AD Yamada, in the very next bit, they mention how it was a big hit with fans when Toujima messed up fighting Larios/Rarios. Maybe Yamada was fired before they realized that messing up was funny?

And I find it funny that when I watch older episodes sometimes, my wife will see young Arino and go "Huh?" before realizing what's on.

zari-gani posted:

Does anyone know where I can find the "Arino's wedding" clip from Arino's old comedy show? We released a sub ages ago but I can't find it on my drive. The one where he and his wife do a re-enactment of how they met/got engaged.

The link on the official fan site is down, and Fuji's No Fun Police did a good job scrubbing it, it seems. It was on 【めちゃ²イケてるッ!】有野晋哉結婚極秘プロジェクト if my old memos are accurate.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Pegnose Pete posted:

Or was there a famous AD from Fukuoka or something and it became a catch phrase?

Fukuoka born-and- raised AD Urakawa spawned the famous 1機やらしてもらって、よかですか? quote. As was said, Abe is from Fukuoka too, and Inoue (AD after Urakawa) is as well too, so there was a period when a lot of the staff was from Fukuoka.

Inoue tried it too and famously had Arino shout "No!" in English at him because he had made so many prior mistakes, and it was paraphrased as "武道館やらしてもらって、よかですか?" as the motto of the Budokan Event.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Pegnose Pete posted:

That's awesome haha. I really need to watch everything from the beginning. Should track down the raws somehow and treat it like study time.

And yeah Hakata/Fukuoka is a great place. A bit out of the way for people just coming to visit but if it is your second trip to Japan, for example, I'd recommend spending a couple nights down this way.

I've wanted to go and visit the food carts in Fukuoka for years, but with two kids and my situation, I can barely afford a trip to the bathroom.

(I'd have cancelled going to Saitama if not for a few strokes of luck. And inability to get a full refund...)

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Kakaricho posted:

The Saitama Event is less than a month away, and one title is still a secret.
Who wants to guess? I thinking Space Channel 5, encouraging the audience to sing/chant along.

With the event tomorrow, I'm going to throw in one more guess for Samba De Amigo 2000, given it's ending and how much they seemed to be hinting at it.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Pegnose Pete posted:

Kibe gushing about Sega and slamming that bell was fun.

He was ringing it everytime Sakurai praised Sega, rhe goal was to get to 100 tines.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

The Arena, the premium seat tickets, and the hall.

https://imgur.com/gallery/9Kzk59N

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Oh, I did! I'm trying to upload some photos on the train ride home, but I was so close to the stage that at times I just watched Arino play as opposed to the big screen. I could see his reaction a lot better that way.

I couldn't have been more off about the secret game, but the event will be available on Fuji on Demand (FOD) "Almost entirely uncut" starting November 4th (20th Anniversary of the first broadcast), along with almost all of the past episodes.

(Yes, it's a pay service, and no, I don't know if it's available overseas)

My dumb face is destined to be shown on the show and burned to retail DVDs/blu-rays every ten years, it seems...

Edit - now with photos!

https://imgur.com/gallery/P3fru2l

Kakaricho fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Oct 29, 2023

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

zari-gani posted:

Another great show and yeah, the flowers turned out amazing. My fav arrangement yet!

They beat the crap out of the ones that Nana Mizuki sent! (half joking)
Even the magazine Arino contributes to couldn't hold a candle.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

The Kins posted:

https://twitter.com/famitsu/status/1718575980816781739

Game Center CX 1+2 REPLAY for Switch has been dated for February 22. The DVD bundled with the limited edition includes a selection of scenes from the old Project: Game Version segments going behind the scenes of the DS originals, along with a new challenge (Kinnikuman for the FDS) and two challenges that hadn't been part of any of the previous DVD collections (Oishinbo and Pac-Land).

Good reminder to check out SAGCCX's old Oishinbo sub, it's a fun episode!

Buying it from Bandai's Asobi Store gets you a keychain as well.

It's short ("Wait, is it okay to take videos too? poo poo, better stop." was my thought), but here's Arino exiting after the challenge.

https://imgur.com/gallery/pBy5w1Y

Kakaricho fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Oct 30, 2023

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

If it's in an article, it's not a spoiler.

https://www.famitsu.com/news/202310/30322389.html

At the end of the show Arino shouted "Next time, we're doing a national tour!"

Kan apparently told him "Don't say Tokyo Dome, or I'll strangle you"

And Arino wants to go to Australia for the next trip and hug a koala.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Random Stranger posted:

And that's how Arino got chlamydia.

He hasn't re-Tweeted an idols in a long time, but I like your story better.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Here's a better look at the goods that came with an Arena Seat at the Saitama event.
If you squeeze the Arino plush it says "Hello, this is Chief Arino from Game Center CX. To everyone in the arena seats, it's finally time for Saitama. I'm counting on your cheers! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! What are you pushin'!? Aren't you pushin' too much?"

The back of the ticket has a QR code to a (now expired) video of Arino thanking fans for coming to the event taken immediately after the event (he's standing behind the black panel on stage and you can see some people still leaving the arena.) That video is around in the usual places.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

The TV cut of Saitama airs following the annual year-end marathon of episodes and "Three Old Guys" Countdown.
Judging by it's run time, it seems to have had about one hour of footage removed (four hour event to three hour broadcast).

The documentary airs on January 25 as episode 372.

Moai Ou posted:

I also managed to get this, which came bundled with some copies of the Tamage-centric DVD. I didn't expect it to be a model kit when I ordered it.

That's the special edition, there's a DVD only edition that's cheaper.
I want to build the model that came with mine, but I have two little destroyers running around, so it'll have to wait.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

joem83 posted:

Super Punch-Out pretty much went about how I expected it to :D

In a Fan Club episode, they revealed Yaegishi couldn't clear it either. When asked if it would be "put on the shelf" for a future challenge, Kan bluntly said "No."

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

New (mainly merchandise) info was just announced:

Game Center CX Chronicle.

It'll cover all episodes of the first 27th seasons, as well as show some never-before-seen materials, and have long interviews with Arino and seven other staff who have been there since the start.

On sale July 29th for 4500 yen plus tax. Amazon version comes with an original sticker, QJ Store version comes with CONTINUE SPECIAL GCCX 2024, a booklet that has an exclusive post-Saitama interview with Arino, as well as an interview with Yaegishi, etc. Reservations available till June 30th.

They're sending "a certain something" to fanclub members in July, if you've been a member since this May 7th.

Saitama bluray(¥8580) and DVD(¥7480) release on August 2nd

Disc1

Arino's Challenge in Saitama Super Arena - Special Edition
Saitama Documentary - Director's Cut

Disc 2

Arino's Challenge:

- Punchout!!
- Tokyo Bus Guide
- Dragon's Lair
- Contra Spirits

(Disc 2 is a DVD in both the blu-ray and DVD editions)

Bonus Features:

- Saitama Big Reflection Meeting
- Collections of Videos Played before the show.
- Demo Music Video of ENDINGRATULATION

Arino's Business Card and holder

First Edition Bonuses

- Special Photo Book(52 Pages)(planned)
- 1/12 scale Saitama Event Flag
- 1/12 scale paper model of Arino's entry/exit truck (color varies depending on where you make your reservation)

Fan Club Edition Bonus

- "Arino and Kan's Party of Two" book detailing almost all of the content of the November 7th event at Loft 9 in Shibuya "that will make you feel like you were there"

Kakaricho fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Apr 26, 2024

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Nickoten posted:

I didn’t realize there was a fan club. How does one join?

https://gccxfc.com/signup

It's 550 yen a month. You get two videos of cut footage/special footage a week, staff/Kacho photos, priority for entering event ticket lottery purchases, etc.
You can enter to win prizes each month, and you rank up the longer you've been a member. When you get to around Gold (I think?) or so, they occasionally send postcards.

Plus the birthday message from Arino every year, where he always says "We only film one of these for everyone" pretty bluntly.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Lifespan posted:

In the terms it confirms that people outside of Japan won't get any of the physical gifts FYI

It seems to be hit-or-miss, if you have a mail forwarding service.
Which is either a lovely thing the show is doing, or a really lovely mail forwarding system.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

The mystery game alone is probably enough for them to say no to doing it.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

I got a thing in the mail.

https://imgur.com/gallery/kduk9QL

(Yes, I went about as crazy as I get. My oldest kid lost his mind, he remembered watching the episode together. )

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Random Stranger posted:

They go up on Yahoo auctions from time to time if you want to try for one.

I was thinking I've never seen one for sale, and that the letter promising punishment if you do try and sell it might be the reason why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Random Stranger posted:

The person who runs Gaming Alexandria bought the Battle Formula cart a few months ago which made me insanely jealous.
Do you have a link? I can't find anything on the site and I'm curious.