Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Are these the SA episodes, or them mixed with the terrible KOTAK episodes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
So I guess that means the three episodes that Kotak put up, but were previously translated will be posted again soon?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Any chance we will see more of Season 3 so we can knock that one out? Especially the Mario ones from that season.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Random Stranger posted:

Looks like Kotaku's license may have expired and their videos are pulled. I'm still able to access them directly through Viddler by going directly to the ID code of the video but the videos aren't appearing on Kotaku's site or by searching in Viddler. I'm going to give it a little more time to be sure but there will probably be revised versions of some classic episodes soon.

Is it safe to reupload the SA translated episodes that Kotaku did their own dub?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Finally got around to watching Game Center CX again (been downloading episodes, but not watching them), and I feel sorry for him in the Actraiser episode. The last fight isn't too bad, but due to the fact his crew is tired of him playing the game (due to his love of SIM mode), they give him only two chances to beat the boss rush, losing a rank each time.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Doc Hawkins posted:

Aren't some of the seasons fully translated? Batch torrents for those would be just as helpful as a Compleat Collection.

The first two seasons that TV Nippon did are done in a season torrent (think it's afe to link to it again since the Kotaku stuff they also had a translation for is gone). But no season has a full translation by the SA Team. As there two where it has one random Kotaku episode.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I'm a bit confused about the three current videos for the Lemming event. Don't tell me you are doing the entire 24 hour event, or the ones you did so far are based on features for the event?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Mr Phillby posted:

The first video was an hour-long 'documentary' covering the event, shown after the fact. It plays out very similarly to a regular episode.

The second video is a compilation of various segments shown during the 24 hour event, edited together by the SA Team.

There isn't a third video, unless you're thinking of the epsiode where Arino first played lemmings, which is just a regular episode.

I thought the Last Continue that Team Nippon did was part of this event?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Okay, I got confused and also kept saying their name wrong. It was the post from Random Stranger that got me confused, as I was wondering what Lost Continue was in the context of the two new videos.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Really want to see the Mega Man run a lot. Plus, wasn't Mega Man 2 already translated?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Hope in the end all three get translated. But I have to ask, why hasn't the season Mega Man 4 is in hasn't had any work done? Or the later after that (barring the USA Special).

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Alpha3KV posted:

I can't wait for that train game episode, it looks like it'll be hilarious. In case anybody still need convincing that train sims can be entertaining to watch, check out Giant Bomb's Quick Looks of the Railworks series:

http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-railworks/17-2557/

http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-train-simulator-2012-trains-vs-zombies-dlc/17-5180/

Imagine the opening of the episode being similar to this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rulElJITIVY

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Random Stranger posted:

Nagoyan just dropped a huge surprise on the team with his next translation: there's an awesome supplemental video that's coming with it. I don't know how he found this video but it is something to behold.

Is it one of the Nintendo Channel exclusive videos?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
So how far did he make it into Pilotwings? You can use a spoiler tag if you want.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
This is cool news. When I first heard about the Kotaku episodes being released on dvd, I was upset. But now that I'm hearing they are being re-translated by zari-gani, I'm a very excited about them. Congrats on getting the job. So this will pretty much be licensed version of the SA translated episodes? If so, then that is fine by me.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
One question, does the DVD going to have the awful English narrator, or it just pretty much a licensed SAGCCX episode? If the later, then I will very happy.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

zari-gani posted:

Oh yeah, that's an important point. Discotek Media will be translating on-screen text (like the King's comments) and necessary in-game text.

That's a good point. I'll see what I can do (it would have to be very careful wording), but I'm hoping the DVD will come with some sort of insert that explains the ADs and their well-known traits.

The Kotaku narrator will be kept in but it will be an optional audio track.

That's good to hear.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Please do Kirby Dream Course next.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Started finally watching episodes again after having to abandon plans for a while due to limited hard-drive space, and almost got all the episodes and plan on ordering the DVD soon, but I have two minor questions not listed in the OP. What the deal with the newest translation group, Last Continue. Also how come some of the later levels have a segment about a old system but always starts with "The Ace of Hardware will not be showing up"?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

bdr9 posted:

Their torrents were hosted on alluvion.org, which is no longer active. You can find compilation torrents on nyaa.se here: http://www.nyaa.se/?user=241573

This has most of the episodes I noticed, but there is a few missing like the Clock Tower segments and Super Mario Bros Lost Levels part 2.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I noticed on the season torrents that Mighty Bomber Jack Live and Ninja Gaiden 2 Part 1 and Part 2 seem to be the full episodes instead of just the segments. Also I can't find a place to download the Binary Land dvd challenge while the Bomberman DVD Challenge still has a torrent, nobody is seeding it.

Rirse fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Dec 26, 2013

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Finally watched the Ocarina of Time episodes and I liked it a lot, but was a little bummed the assistant did three dungeons (and three mini dungeons) for him when Arino was away. I know it probably would took longer if he didn't do that, but a shame to not see Arino's reaction to those dungeons.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Is there any issues you guys have with the first two Nintendo Channel videos? I noticed they haven't been translated yet and I do recall the Nintendo Channel on the Wii getting shut down in the US Store a few years ago.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Man you're so lucky getting all this good stuff. Also I never knew there was so many "mascots" until seeing those coins. Keep up the good work, zari.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

zari-gani posted:

If I wasn't doing GCCX, I'd definitely been doing Gaki no Tsukai. That's what I originally used to fansub.

And Gutcruncher, I'm doing the opposite of what you'd do: never wear it for fear of getting it ruined somehow...

Some news:

How to get the Arino Hello Kitty
http://l-tike.com/gd/gccx.html
With movie ticket, 4000 yen
Without movie ticket, 2800 yen

Reserve one between January 1st and February 21st at a Lawsons or a Loppi machine at a Mini-Stop. Pick it up from March 31 to somewhere in September. (I've got one on reserve already thanks to a friend in Japan!)

New GCCX The Movie trailer up on the official site:
http://gccx-movie.jp/

And GCCX in USA will become a rental DVD starting February 15th, and it includes a never-before-seen clip: "A Weird Interview in an LA Rooftop Parking Lot". Kan says it was too stupid to put on TV.

Bet it feels weird seeing your artwork on the DVD boxart for GCCX in USA?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Glad to see another episode again so soon. Kinda hope you do Diddy Kong Country soon, but I can imagine that will take a while since it a three parter.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Wonder what the chance Arino will get a custom amiibo of his Smash Bros mii?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Is there a place to download the episodes from? The goon translation website direct downloads are broken on the ones I tried (season episodes one).

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Can someone seed the season 17 episodes? I am trying to grab them from the website, and I just get "connecting to peer" and nothing at all in 12 hours.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Phone posted:

Can you connect with other trackers? I had to set up a manual port forward because upnp wasn't working for whatever reason.

Yeah the other episodes I grabbed downloaded fast. It just anything from season 3 is having issues. I got about 1/3 into the Rocky Rodent episode before it hit 'connecting to peer" issue.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I noticed there are torrents now on the website for each season which is very nice. Seems like only season 17 doesn't have this yet, which is a shame since even after a day almost none of those episodes outside of DKC2 are downloading at all.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Why aren't you on the big nyaa torrent?

I never saw the link to it. The OP hasn't been updated in a few years. And it not on the website since it hasn't been updated while translations are on hiatus.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

zari-gani posted:

I am unreasonably excited for this challenge. Pizza Pop is amazing. You play as Conan O'Brien and you can deliver pizza to Kirk Van Houten.

P.S. I am finally able to start working on episodes again.

Yay. This is too much to ask, but could the Wizard & Warriors episode be one of the first ones back? That game is hard as gently caress, but I love that game as a kid and want to see how Arino handles it.

[edit]

Also whoever in charge of the SA-GGCX website, can you fix the Super Mario Bros 2 page. The direct download doesn't work of course, but the torrent for some reason downloads the torrent full of specials instead.

Rirse fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Feb 9, 2017

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Mister Chief posted:

Isn't the episode part of that torrent?

Looking at that folder since it just finished..and it's not there. It has almost all the specials and two revenge attempts, with not a single one named Super Mario Bros 2.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

FruitPunchSamurai posted:

Wasn't Super Mario Bros 2 subbed by TV Nihon? I'm pretty sure it was the first actual challenge game that wasn't just like 5 minute segments. Unless you mean Doki Doki Panic.

There two parts, with one done by TV Nihon (which was part of the season one torrent), but part 2 that SA-GCX did is missing.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Mister Chief posted:

Ok. This anyone have a torrent link for this?

Actually I think it's included in the Special folder, but under Pokemon for some reason. I skimmed the video and saw some footage of Mario 2 in it.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
There we go, finally got all the Game Center episodes but two. Having trouble getting the Magical Quest Starring Mickey and Super Metroid part 3 from Last Continue. They are not part of the SA-GGX site, so they can't be reuploaded, but anyone got a mirror for these two files? The torrents for the other Last Continue downloaded fine, but these two barely downloaded anything.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

TeaJay posted:

I've combined the Super Metroid NC challenge into one file. I can upload it in a few days if you haven't found it until then.

Okay cool. Another goon is going to upload the Mickey video for me on Mega.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Wow I didn't even know there is a 20th season. I thought it was still mid season 19 going by the SA-GCX website.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

zari-gani posted:

I've been catching up on the show and honestly, the ones I have the most interest in doing are the lesser-known games.

I like the more obscure ones a lot as well. Especially if a bizarre game like the Tom Sawyer game that just goes into a really weird direction. It nice to do a big game like Zelda II then a few small releases ones.

Regardless, I just can't wait for new content.