Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gorilla Salsa
Dec 4, 2007

Post Post Post.
Yeah, I don't even own an SSD yet, and I have plenty of drive space, I just don't see the need to have a million games installed when I'm not even using them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorilla Salsa
Dec 4, 2007

Post Post Post.
Would it be better to get one of these or two of these in RAID 0? There's only a ten dollar difference (as of this writing), and it's to the RAID array's favor. I am a little concerned at the lack of TRIM support in a RAID configuration, though I admittedly know very little about both RAID and TRIM. I'd also heard some stories of the 120 GB Force GTs being problematic, especially in relation to the 240 GBs.

Gorilla Salsa
Dec 4, 2007

Post Post Post.

Dogen posted:

Well, if you are doing something where you would benefit from the extra data bandwidth.

Out of curiosity, as well as being in the same position as TomWaitsForNoMan, what tasks could you be doing that would benefit from the extra bandwidth?

Gorilla Salsa
Dec 4, 2007

Post Post Post.
EDIT: Oh, nevermind.

Gorilla Salsa fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Dec 23, 2011

Gorilla Salsa
Dec 4, 2007

Post Post Post.
I'm trying to decide between the ADATA S501 V2 and the Corsair Force 3. The extra 16GB on the ADATA for $10/less is appealing to me, but I don't know if it comes with cut corners attached. The Corsair is also prettier, but I think I know that's not really important.

• Locked thread