Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

rcman50166 posted:

I swear to god this is a friendly reminder that the sale ends in 6 days.

Its's on my calendar, dawg.

SoundMonkey easily claims the rules thread snype.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

:siren:The deed is done.:siren:

...not that he can reply to this since he got his poo poo banned up in GBS, but one gift card (Amazon) for $18 USD has been sent. I would have gone with B&H except they're apparently loving cave men who only send out physical cards by mail in the year of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ Two Thousand and Fourteen (or so it looked on their site).

...now please get out and never come back. If you're even reading this, I dunno if Dorkroom is paywalled.

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy
you have restored honor to your family, SoundMonkey

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer

SoundMonkey posted:

I would have gone with B&H except they're apparently loving cave men who only send out physical cards by mail in the year of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ Two Thousand and Fourteen

It's true. A friend of mine ordered me a B&H gift card and they mailed it in an enormous box (like 1x1.5 feet wide, 5 inches tall approx). It included a giant goddamn inch-thick catalog wrapped in bubble wrap, and I had to pay import fees on the gift card :wtc: (I am still going to call canada post and dispute this)

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

SoundMonkey posted:

:siren:The deed is done.:siren:

...not that he can reply to this since he got his poo poo banned up in GBS, but one gift card (Amazon) for $18 USD has been sent. I would have gone with B&H except they're apparently loving cave men who only send out physical cards by mail in the year of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ Two Thousand and Fourteen (or so it looked on their site).

...now please get out and never come back. If you're even reading this, I dunno if Dorkroom is paywalled.

Its not paywalled. Glad he is.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!
drat, and I thought I was being an rear end by sending one PM and then dropping the issue when Abe didn't deliver on a mod challenge.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
We need a what is art emote :fuckart: someone get on that.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Musket posted:

We need a what is art emote :fuckart: someone get on that.

e.

Drewski
Apr 15, 2005

Good thing Vader didn't touch my bike. Good thing for him.
Hi, I have a question about some content. I went to a really :nws: festival while I was in Japan and I'd like to share some of the photos. Would I be better off posting my own thread, or should I add it to the travel or street thread? Also, is there a way to tag NWS stuff so that it doesn't automatically load?

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
you can put images inside spoilers. idk about the rules of posting them but maybe timg them all so it's neater too

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
Images inside spoilers still load on the browser so people who are on monitored connections might still get flagged by their network for it. I'd suggest making a thread with a clear NSFW tag in the title so that people can avoid it at work and won't trip over NSFW images in otherwise SFW threads.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

haha yeah I check for new posts in this thread daily actually I just had to uh, compose my reply.

yeah don't put NWS in spoilers, just put links, or if it's extra NWS, broken links

erephus
May 24, 2012
\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/
\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/
I have not been in the #creative channel on IRC for a long time and now there is something called "" and "".

erephus fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Nov 4, 2016

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
I don't know what you are talking about.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

is slack like irc or something?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Yes but it's IN THE CLOUD so it's web 2.0.

Or are we up to 3.0 now?

Either way they really want you to pay for it so that's why it exists.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

xzzy posted:

Yes but it's IN THE CLOUD so it's web 2.0.

Or are we up to 3.0 now?

Either way they really want you to pay for it so that's why it exists.

that sounds bad

Surprise T Rex
Apr 9, 2008

Dinosaur Gum
Bit of a slow reply but...

Alternatively there's Discord, which is much more user friendly than IRC and has nice features like "can save conversations while you're away" and "doesn't look like rear end". It's pretty good for having a casual chatroom setup.

Also it's free (as is Slack unless you need specific stuff, but Discord's free plan is better).

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

yeah but discord is for loving plebs

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Its way better than skype for group stuff and that's all it needs to be tbh

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

things that are worse than skype for group stuff:

our posting

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
We actually have a dorkroom youtube channel now, remember to like and subscribe.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
add our snapchat PhotosOfWalls for daily updates

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

i'll stick to lovely instagram photos of my cats, tia

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Young Orc

underage at the vape shop posted:

add our snapchat PhotosOfWalls for daily updates

I am unironically considering making this now

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

8th-snype posted:

I'd follow it

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

8th-snype posted:

Let's go. I'm already in the flickr group for benches.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
What’s the general rule on brief discussion/providing additional entry information in the monthly contest threads? I’d love to know the backstories on some of the entries from this month, but I didn’t want to poo poo up such a specific thread with chat.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
We still have a month contest?

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I don’t know, I’m not sure if anyone takes photos here anymore.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

I converted 100% to lovely cat pics straight onto Instagram since art is dead and boring.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

rio posted:

I don’t know, I’m not sure if anyone takes photos here anymore.

What's this about photographs? All of my stuff's hand drawn.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Is there a megathread/FAQ about becoming a professional photographer, or at least making a few bucks as one on the side?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Is there a megathread/FAQ about becoming a professional photographer, or at least making a few bucks as one on the side?

Here ya go

There are some genre-specific ones too about concert, sports and wedding photography as well

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

DJExile posted:

Here ya go

There are some genre-specific ones too about concert, sports and wedding photography as well

Sweet, thanks.

Does anyone have experience selling landscape photography? Maybe as stock photos or something like that?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Sweet, thanks.

Does anyone have experience selling landscape photography? Maybe as stock photos or something like that?

You're probably best off just asking that in the thread, this is just a rules thread. There's a wedding thread as well where people could probably at least guide you in the right direction.

E: Or the band/concert thread.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

DJExile posted:

Here ya go

I could make one for "how to get into newpsper photography" but the OP would just be "Don't. It's work for hire, the pay is poo poo, the equipment is falling apart, and you'll be the first to go in the next round of layoffs. The gently caress is wrong with you?"

Was fun while it lasted, though.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

But what if I’ve got moxie?

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
But how will I get those photos of Spider-Man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drowningidiot
Sep 27, 2014
I'm looking for suggestions on a lighting set up for product photography. I would have posted something in the lighting thread but it seems to be closed. Where's a good place for something like this?