Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
What about horribly goony D800 unboxing videos?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
So what you are saying Soundmonkey, is that i should post a HDR thread? :snoop:

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

SoundMonkey posted:

I'm not even sure I have enough buttons to properly respond to a thread like that.

Post some hdr photos you took bro. honestly bring back some place for us to dump horrible photos we took so we can laugh at each others bad ideas and debate why its art.

Wait, we have a dorkroom flickr group?

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

Paragon8 posted:

I'd normally agree with you but the level of critique has gotten so low effort and poor that some structure might be helpful.

As a speciality thread it sort implies that some expertise in that speciality would be welcome as part of criticism. It's not even to the point where it's people of the same skill level helping each other out, but people with no image posts in a thread making goony one liner criticisms on someone who's just starting out.

The critics will only be as good as the photos. (they are pretty bad coughYOURFACEcough)

Musket fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Jul 9, 2012

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

Mr. Despair posted:

probations for pictures not taken with a Pentax ME Super, tia.

Ban if all photos are not of Pentax ME Super's.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
At the very least can we not talk about MTF charts and how we bought 4 copies of a sigma lens to do sharpness tests with because your hobby work will one day be hung in MOMA.

We are all perfectly aware of quality issues regarding 3rd party lens purchases.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

SoundMonkey posted:

I propose you stop making GBS threads up the rules thread before I probate you :v:

Reported for threadshitting.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
Can we get a rule about posts asking for "whycome my camera does _________________ (problem) that they be accompanied by a photo of said problem?

Makes it hard for internet camera engineers to guess what the issue is without one.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

8th-samurai posted:

We had one of those, it got archived.

Cant imagine why.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

DJExile posted:

Ha! :smug:

Like there's more than one of us!

:smith:

I almost bought an OMD but then i took an arrow to the knee.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
Can we have a JPG only thread? Really loving sick of all these film and raw shooters.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
Out of :catdrugs:

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

rcman50166 posted:

Well, that thread is terrible now. I want to poo poo all over the particular individuals making it terrible but this ain't GBS.

bitter?

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

rcman50166 posted:

I'm trying to get better at understanding and producing photography. Why would you recommend something that would clearly inhibit that?

lol I don't even need to say anything to you. Your rap sheet speaks for itself.

My photography is solely dependent on my rap-sheet. You caught me.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

rcman50166 posted:

Just post photos.

You should do more of this and less posting. Dont give advice you yourself wont take.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
:snoop:

Musket fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Feb 27, 2014

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

ansel autisms posted:

If I could make a new dorkroom rule it'd be rcman50166 stay out

not enough :snoop: for this. Your reward RCman is that your allowed to post with us still. Shut the gently caress up.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
Will paypal someone more bitcoins than being offered to RCman to ban him outright. Push the loving button already.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

ansel autisms posted:

God rcman you were loving irritating before but now that you're an idiot narcissist spawned out of rolling-with-the-punches ashes you've turned into something worse than fishmech

And his photos are not good either. I could put up with him if he took a decent photo once, instead of coasting on the fact he was being made fun of for being terrible.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

rcman50166 posted:

I don't think my photos are good, either. But I am trying to get better. :)

You should focus more on that then .0009734BTC

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
Can we get a rule that one is not allowed to bitch about the prize, value of prize or lack of prize after prize was mentioned. This is a comedy forums, not a charity.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

rcman50166 posted:

I made this forum worse!

:snoop:

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
Ill stop posting, for good, if you perma his rear end. Toxx. (ill use my parachutes) :byob:

Im not gonna encourage torrents of photos software but if you think someones gonna buy you something you could steal, you are really stupid.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

SoundMonkey posted:

no can do chief but i appreciate the can-do attitude

Thanks bruh.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

rcman50166 posted:

I swear to god this is a friendly reminder that the sale ends in 6 days.

You are worse than 3olives. :dogout: if you think remask will fix your shitography, you are mistaken.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

SoundMonkey posted:

:siren:The deed is done.:siren:

...not that he can reply to this since he got his poo poo banned up in GBS, but one gift card (Amazon) for $18 USD has been sent. I would have gone with B&H except they're apparently loving cave men who only send out physical cards by mail in the year of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ Two Thousand and Fourteen (or so it looked on their site).

...now please get out and never come back. If you're even reading this, I dunno if Dorkroom is paywalled.

Its not paywalled. Glad he is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
We need a what is art emote :fuckart: someone get on that.