Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pork minstral
Apr 27, 2004

Into the Void

Bunk Rogers posted:

I like her less now than I did before listening. Typically its the reverse with Maron's podcast.
My sentiments exactly. And I didn't like her much before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pork minstral
Apr 27, 2004

Into the Void
This is "Maron in Space", starring James Adomian as Marc Maron.

You should watch it.

pork minstral
Apr 27, 2004

Into the Void

NotWearingPants posted:

Oh holy poo poo, there's five episodes! I just finished hashtag 4. This is great!
Yeah. Episode 5 is especially worth watching.

pork minstral
Apr 27, 2004

Into the Void
Yeah, go see him do stand-up. I recently saw his album taping in New York and the warm-up date for it (not in that order obviously) on consecutive nights. The warm-up was for a room of 60 people so it was pretty loose but he still did 100 minutes and really engaged with the audience. For the taping he did a full two hours, mostly stuff he hadn't done the night before, and clearly had much more ready if he wanted to dip into it. He's on top of his game right now.

It was interesting to see how much the whole scattered and unprepared thing has kind of become his persona instead of the truth now (which I'm sure it was in the '90s.) For example, he did a bit involving Captain Beefheart's "Safe as Milk" and both times went "What's that one? Milk something?" so someone in the audience yelled it out. It seemed totally genuine both times, but it clearly wasn't.

pork minstral
Apr 27, 2004

Into the Void
I think my favorite exchange was:
Marc: When are we going to here [sic] some more baby material? Good stuff.
Patton: Right after you crowbar "existential" into a tirade about cat poop.

pork minstral
Apr 27, 2004

Into the Void

Apoplexy posted:

Well, you know what she'd say: "If you don't, I'll start loving people you know and have them do it."
Seriously, the whole "I'll gently caress people you know" thing was where I really went uh-oh on this relationship. There's no amount of context that could convince me that came out of a healthy relationship.

pork minstral
Apr 27, 2004

Into the Void

Dan Didio posted:

At what point of listening to Marc Maron talk about his life would you be like, "Yeah, this guy is probably in a stable, normal relationship."
Touché.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pork minstral
Apr 27, 2004

Into the Void

Dancing Potato posted:

He does seem pretty cognizant of this, though; he's been saying for months that he should probably take acting lessons and that he doesn't consider himself an actor.
Well... yeah. So he should've taken some acting lessons.

Some responsibility needs to rest with the directors too, though.

• Locked thread