Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Maron can be a dickhead who has no respect for comedians who don't do it the way Maron considers to be right way, and I've been among those that criticize him for this on these forums. But I find myself anticipating the interviews with comedians that I assume Maron thinks are gimmick guys to see if Maron calls them out on it.

Ralphie May for example, who is featured on the latest podcast which I haven't listened to yet, seems like a guy Maron would have no respect for. (I'm not a Ralphie May expert, but from what I've seen he would have no act without fat jokes, a fat version of Dat Phan)

I don't think I am looking to enjoy someone being poo poo on. I think I enjoy Maron's personal conflict between trying to be a better, less bitter person and the reality that he is still the same dickhead who thinks the work of many other comedians is low grade crap and that they don't deserve their success.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
latest episode (Jimmy Kimmel) starts at 13:00.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
drat, the intro was 20 minutes for the Maher episode.

I've been skipping through the intros until I hear the guest talk. Am I missing anything?

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

TheRealGunde posted:

Funny how two people can listen to the exact same thing but hear something completely different :)

He did include the disclaimer that he "likes Carrot Top's work" which is probably an indicator of more serious psychological problems.

Civil, if you're also a big Gallagher fan you may want to stay away from that episode.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
A day in the life of Marc Maron:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/338449/a-day-in-the-life-marc-maron

I'm around halfway through and so far I'd recommend it if you listen to the podcast.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

Totally with you.

She annoys the poo poo out of me, yet I really enjoyed her interview. She seems nice enough.

I think you guys should go back and give "Superstar" another look. It was ahead of its time.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Jippa posted:

Cool, coming from my blinkered perspective I never know exactly what is what. I didn't realise he was so big your side of the pond.

He's kind of like Sacha Baron Cohen in that he's tall with dark hair and most people know who he is, but aren't quite sure why British people think he's funny.

But speaking of guests, it feels like Paula Poundstone started a string of guests I've never heard of (or that I don't care about like Poundstone). So, I haven't been listing at all. I'm looking forward to the Odenkirk/Cross episode but would anyone recommend any of the other recent episodes? (Killer Beeaz, Bo Burnham, Craig Finn, Rick Shapiro, Kurt Braunohler)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

pork minstral posted:

This is "Maron in Space", starring James Adomian as Marc Maron.

You should watch it.

Oh holy poo poo, there's five episodes! I just finished hashtag 4. This is great!

• Locked thread