Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

xilni posted:

1. No, Windows 7 Professional

2. No, nVidia GeForce GTX 570

I don't recall ever making any changes to any font related settings. All display settings in Chrome should be default.

Chrome defaults to Times New Toman though, which is a lovely outdated font from last century that wasn't designed for modern computer screens and the antialiasing techniques that are used by modern operating systems to make stuff look good. Try changing chrome's font to Calibri or Segoe UI (the later is the standard modern UI font that Microsoft uses). If you insist on using a serif font then use cambria.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

xilni posted:

I'm on my mac laptop at the moment but I assume it's the same setting here "Customize Fonts"?

I don't know why but I noticed my Mac was also rendering the page like this, not nearly as terrible as the WIndows problem but:

So I went ahead and changed the "Standard Font" to Calibri.

That's the setting. I'll be interested to see if that fixes the issue.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ConanThe3rd posted:

My fonts are looking really weird on Chrome as a result;

They look perfectly normal to me? Tweak them with the cleartype wizard if you like, and maybe set your Default font to Segoe UI light - I find it looks the best.

The Lord Bude fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Sep 3, 2014

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Only odd issue I've started seeing in chrome is that when I open the browser it restores a bunch of random, recently closed tabs instead of just what I had open when I closed it.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

I'm having some weird problems with chrome. Out of the blue I decided to manually check for chrome updates, and I discovered that I was still on version 52, and that some glitch was preventing chrome from checking for updates. So I uninstalled it, and reinstalled it, which fixed the issue, but then I noticed my extensions weren't being automatically installed (I'd had them synced to my google account).I tried going to the chrome web store and installing them manually, but I discovered I'm unable to install extensions at all for some reason - anytime I try, I get a message 'an error has occurred - Download interrupted'.

Any ideas?

I've tried reinstalling both the mainstream and beta versions, doing a full malware scan with windows defender and malaware bytes (both in regular windows and in safe mode), and attempting to install the extension both with and without being logged into my google account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

B-Nasty posted:

Have you tried a full-uninstall, and then removing the folders (users\username\appdata\local\google) or using a tool like CCleaner with every option under Chrome checked?

B-Nasty posted:

Have you tried a full-uninstall, and then removing the folders (users\username\appdata\local\google) or using a tool like CCleaner with every option under Chrome checked?

Not yet, I'll try that.

Edit: didn't work, so I decided to flatten windows and reinstall. That fixed it real good.

The Lord Bude fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Sep 26, 2016