Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there
I'm thinking about doing a thesis on the intended aims and actual results on the general war effort of the various strategic aerial bombartments in the Second World War. I'm looking for a good book on the battle of Britain, the air wars for Germany and Japan, and possibly a book on the bombartment of Warsaw. So far I've found a couple of interesting books but perhaps I've missed a very topical book that someone here's read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there

FPyat posted:

I'm looking for books that heavily cover geopolitics and diplomacy. Books that illustratively apply theoretical lenses to events would be great. I know very little about the Middle East, Africa, and South and Southeast Asia. Currently have 'From Colony to Superpower' by George Herring, three different books on the leadup to WW1, 'Monsoon' by Robert Kaplan (the guy sounds extremely controversial, but I want to give him a chance), and 'Paris 1919' by Margaret MacMillan. Would 'Diplomacy' by Kissinger be good for me?

Dreadnought by Robert K. Massie has quite a lot on pre-WW1 Great Power diplomacy, including some pretty interesting biographies of hilariously stuck up British and German civil servants. Such loveable workaholics!