Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Troxartas posted:

Screaming Females are ending, they had a great run

https://twitter.com/screamales/status/1732052131824255029

That loving sucks, my buddy and I were just talking about how we never got to see them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
I was blessed to see Dinosaur Jr on Sunday in Brooklyn for one of their Where You Been 30th Anniversary shows. They've had killer guests at each show, members of MBV were at the London shows, I got to see Kurt Vile & Lee Ranaldo, last night they had Marissa from Screaming Females, another night Laura Jane Grace. Tonight's the last show of their Brooklyn run and I wish I could have made it out again.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

resident posted:

I just read the Stereogum article about the emergence of shoegaze on TikTok and got super excited to check out seem new bands only to find that half of it was…not actually shoegaze? loving kids these days :arghfist::wal:

Yeah the farther into the article I got the less shoegazey the bands sounded.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Oxxidation posted:

san fermin's latest music video is AI-generated and unsurprisingly it looks loving terrible. song's okay, though

I only really like the two Charlene Kaye albums, those two are absolutely fantastic but I give no fucks about their other stuff.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Twin Cinema posted:

One of my favourite years for music that just happens to correspond with one of the last years I was a teenager.

Hmm, for me that would be 08, which saw Fleet Foxes self titled, Frightened Rabbits Midnight Organ Fight, Death Cabs Narrow Stairs, Bon Iver's For Emma, Forever Ago, Mother Mother's O My Heart, & Radioheads' In Rainbows. Pretty good albums.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Shageletic posted:

Looks like they're skipping nyc in favor of some apple orchard in the middle of nowhere way way upstate lol

This is bullshit I'm not going all the way upstate no matter how dope the show will be.

Seen the FLips 3 or 4 times, first time was at Cornell University in '10 on the Embryonic tour and it was a religious experience. I kind of checked out on them after the Terror but that 2010 tour was loving amazing, I saw them in Central Park as well later in the year.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Big City Drinkin posted:

Weezer is playing through the Blue Album with support from the Flaming Lips and Dinosaur Jr. it’s an arena tour but their DC stop is at… a 6k capacity venue (the Anthem)?? I’m definitely going to try to get tix bc that’s just crazy

Weezer playing their one good album with great opening acts would be a slam dunk for me but the MSG show is during a deadline week for me and there's no way I can miss work to see it.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
I'm a big fan of Greet Death and the bassist that joined after the last album has her own band called The Fever Haze that released a new album today and I really dig it. Very dream poppy, Cure-esque vibe:

https://graveface.bandcamp.com/album/moonbow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Nightmare Cinema posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtOu9QY9P64

What the HELL is this guitar tone and how does one go about achieving it

Haven't watched the other video listed yet but I'd guess it's some sort of Chase Bliss pedal.