Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib
Decided to pick up the 360 to see if I like wearables. Their ordering system is either flooded with nerds like me or is wonky .. its gone from available to backordered about 4 times within a few minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

Jerk McJerkface posted:

Just ordered successfully from Best Buy.

I have my order in on the moto site and delivery is expected for 9/10 so we will see.

eyebeem posted:

I keep refreshing bestbuy.com and it won't show up for sale :(

I have gift cards to apply and really want to pick this thing up after work today.

It all looks to be ship to store. I don't know they actually have them in stock at any.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

Glimm posted:

How many are reporting the battery life is that poor?

I won a Samsung watch at a Hackathon and it died pretty quickly the first couple days I had it - mainly because I was playing with it nonstop. Normal usage (after the initial toy phase wore off) gave much better battery life. Still had to charge it every night, but it was more like 10-20% when I was getting ready for bed.

THis is exactly what I am thinking. It's a new toy and battery life is going to be much worse because it's constantly being used.

However, we all know battery life isn't going to be stellar on a first generation device.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

Last Chance posted:

Not sure why you're rolling your eyes.

Since it will probably work with iDevices only .. what's the point for Android users?

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

It could be cool, but that name is just terrible.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib
As great as Apple is about launching stuff, I don't think they are going to pull off a watch concept that anyone other than the diehard Apple fan will buy. Pretty much the same thing right now with all wearable tech, the general public just isn't into it yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib
Fantastic Motorola! You guys can't tell me when my 360 will ship as it is now backordered and you can't cancel the order. I'm going on vacation and that's exactly what I want to hear. Either it gets left at the door or goes back to Motorola and gets lost forever like my mistaken order of a Moto X Dev edition awhile back.