Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

minidracula
Dec 22, 2007

boo woo boo

Radiapathy posted:

I've used every one of my vouchers on Maschine expansions. They just released a new one I'll snag if I ever get the Christmas voucher.

Raw Voltage and Vintage Heat are badass if you have Maschine but haven't gotten any expansions yet.
Thanks for the recommendation. I ended up using the voucher last-minute on Raw Voltage. I was all set to spend it on Vintage Heat when listening to the sample tracks for that pack, and the first few sample tracks for Raw Voltage really didn't grab me, but in the end I decided to go with it. Some of the more interesting melodic demos in the Raw Voltage set sounded really nice to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

minidracula
Dec 22, 2007

boo woo boo

Run Dodo Run posted:

Yeah Aalto is the poo poo. They aren't kidding about the CPU usage though - if you use it, be prepared to bounce whatever down before moving on. You could quite happily compose entire bleep bloopy songs on it. I got it when it was half price iirc when the dollar was weak, so it's probably the best £30 I've spent on something music-related.
Fellow Aalto buddy chiming in. I think compared to many here I try to limit my overall selection of VSTs I use (but I still use a lot, especially if you consider things like Reaktor, Bidule, Usine, etc. as VSTs; I (perhaps unfairly) think of them somewhat differently), but Aalto is great. One of the few "solo" VSTs I've bought specifically for what it is. Don't forget about PatchDump, your one stop shop for Aalto patch sharing.

minidracula
Dec 22, 2007

boo woo boo

Nermal. posted:

The APC40 has been converted into a Resolume trigger and I haven't touched Live in months. I wanted to love it.
I kind of fear (if fear is the right word [it isn't]) this is going to be me too, given my experience with Live so far, but I'm still trying to give it a solid go.

Having it crash on me three times in a single event (my friend's wedding reception) was less than confidence building, though. I'm willing to buy a plausible story about how I could have reduced the risk of (how I think) it crashed each time (e.g. should have converted all my tracks & samples to WAV(?)), but still.

When playing around and jamming on an idea, I still feel more comfortable in things like REAPER for multi-track editing and mixing, and in software I think of as more immediately "instrumental" to me (this is, of course, wildly subjective), like AudioMulch, Renoise, Komplete, Maschine, etc. I don't exactly know why. I feel like I still haven't had the profound "a ha!" moment with Live yet...

Edit: Also, what's up Resolume buddy? I was actually thinking of buying some goon's APC40 for strictly Resolume purposes, but couldn't really justify it to myself just yet. What are you up to in Resolume?

minidracula fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Mar 9, 2013

minidracula
Dec 22, 2007

boo woo boo

Nermal. posted:

PROJECTION MAPPING. It's so much fun assigning beat matched videos to various surfaces in my house. Prepping a show.

I would recommend getting that used APC40. There's unbelievably intuitive templates for Resolume and even a way to get the LEDs to cooperate as well (although it takes a few hours to set that up but then you don't have to do it ever again). I've got this template:

http://youtu.be/r38V-pJhOYg

Better than spending $800 on the React, which I've heard is lovely anyway.
I don't mean to turn this into visualist/VJ chat, but what projector(s) are you rocking?

minidracula
Dec 22, 2007

boo woo boo

muckswirler posted:

Actually, go talk to the guys in the Max thread. They might be able to help you write it if you can't find it.
There's a Max/MSP thread? How did I miss that?

minidracula
Dec 22, 2007

boo woo boo
I made a (dumb) bitcrusher in Reaktor... perhaps I should release it as an ensemble?

minidracula
Dec 22, 2007

boo woo boo
Anyone played with LinPlug Spectral and have anything to say about it? Kinda idly looking at it...

minidracula
Dec 22, 2007

boo woo boo
God help me: I just upgraded to Reason 7 from Reason 1. I bought that like... 14 years ago? What the hell?!

Why you ask? Good question. I guess I don't really have a great... (wait for it) reason. :suicide:

I have a couple bad ones though. One is that I've felt in a rut lately with my software (so clearly the answer is more software? -- I know, I know: specious logic at best), and I need to get back to just making things. Sounds, sketches, pieces, doodles, ditties, blurps, songs, tracks: whatever. I guess this also explains the earlier moment of questionable decision making where I took advantage of lifetime free updates for my FL Studio purchase back in 2009 and grabbed FL Studio 11.

I'm sure there's a better thread for this sort of... whinging?, but I don't know where that thread is.

Anyway. Obligatory content, ahoy!:

Oldstench posted:

I finally finished a Reaktor project I've been working on and would really appreciate it if some of you would download it and check it out before I upload it the NI user library.

I call it Platter.

Basically, I sampled 128 vinyl runouts and lock grooves and made this ensemble for creating a near infinite amount of popping, crackling, and hissing record noise. I hope you enjoy it. Please let me know if you have any problems with it.

Click for hiss.
I downloaded this yesterday and popped it into Reaktor today. First impression: woops, this was made with a newer Reaktor version; I need to update. OK, no problem. Bye bye warning message. Oh, hello crash log message! My long forgotten friend!

So yeah, this crashed Reaktor 5.8.0 immeidately after warning it was made with a newer version. Just FYI, no biggie to me. You might want to specify that somewhere though. I updated to 5.9.0 and the ensemble loaded fine there. I'll echo the earlier goon who asked for some labels, though I think I have a rough idea of what you've done control-wise just from looking at the GUI and twiddling "knobs". I'll try to mess with it some more tonight with proper headphones instead of monitors in a fairly noisy (background noise-wise) office environment during midday.

Also, I don't think I saw a randomize option/control in there, that might be nice to attach to the controls (either global or per knob set), unless I misheard/misinterpreted a control (which is highly likley). Again, I'll give it a deeper listen and try to get back to you with better feedback.

minidracula fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Feb 6, 2014

minidracula
Dec 22, 2007

boo woo boo
Cross-posting from the synthesizers thread:

An email update from Randy of Madrona Labs mentions a new Aalto update (1.5) and Kaivo to be shipping (hopefully!) in the next couple weeks.

quote:

Here’s the list of major changes in Aalto 1.5:
* Fixed an issue that was slowing down Aalto dramatically on some Windows systems.
* Fixed an issue requiring a runtime support pack on some Windows systems.
* Improved latency through the patcher when running at large host buffer sizes.
* Aalto now draws at full resolution on Macintosh Retina Display, in compatible hosts.
* Aalto is now compatible with Soundplane version 1.0 and higher.
* Fix mousewheel direction on Mac OS 10.7 and higher.
* Accelerated drawing to the screen on Mac OS with OpenGL.
* Optimized drawing scheduling to avoid glitches, especially in Logic.
* User and factory presets now share the same location.
* Improved ergonomics of patcher with larger handles and smoother graphics.
* Fixed a drawing problem with bipolar dials.
* Improved drag ergonomics for dials.

minidracula
Dec 22, 2007

boo woo boo

Oldstench posted:

The new build of Aalto is great and Kaivo is the loving coolest thing. I'm getting sounds out of it that are just unreal.
Let it be known that if you are in the closed beta for Kaivo, I hate you.

Kaivo's release "schedule" is taxing my ability to remain patient.

minidracula
Dec 22, 2007

boo woo boo
That drums demo is pretty Nettle-licious almost entirely throughout. (Maybe I just have them on the brain because I charged my iPod finally and was able to listen to Build a Fort, Set That on Fire for the first time in a while).

How chompy has it been on your CPU in beta? Are you using it on Windows or OS X?

minidracula
Dec 22, 2007

boo woo boo
Oldstench covered this already in the synthesizers thread, but Kaivo is out now!

:siren: GO GO GO GO GO!!! :bandwagon: :siren:

Oldstench posted:

The first version wouldn't even run on my machine. Windows 7 32-bit, i5, Live 9.1. Randy sent me some other builds to help figure out what was going on and I think he's nailed it. Still takes about 50% of my CPU for 4 voices, and I have to disconnect my wireless internet dongle or I get pops and crackles, but it's worth it.
Kinda the only thing holding me back from Buying It Now is whether it'll be punishing on my laptop, which is similar to the specs you mentioned above: Windows 7 64-bit, i5, 8 GB RAM, Live 8 & 9, a bunch of other BS.

minidracula
Dec 22, 2007

boo woo boo

Radiapathy posted:

Some online vendors are selling a "special edition" of FXpansion Geist (which includes an expansion pack) for $50 USD, which is $200 off MSRP. Musician's Friend sold out, but I've seen it other places, including Amazon. FXpansion claims the deal is legit.
Thanks for this, sent to a friend (also a goon). Meant to ask, who here already uses Geist, and of those, how do you like it/how do you use it in your workflow?

$50 is a tempting impulse buy, even though I don't need another drum machine VST, but I'm curious to hear what people like about it. I already have Maschine: would actually I use this?

minidracula
Dec 22, 2007

boo woo boo
Cross-posting from the synthesizers thread (where I initially posted about Scope [now called Quadrant; see below]) in case people here might be interested:

minidracula posted:

I know this is a VST (boo! hiss!) and I'm a dirty software person (kill the heretic!), but has anyone here looked at and/or played with Scope?

Synthtopia page on it

Actual Glitchmachines product page

The first YouTube video (from the Synthtopia page) is a pretty good general overview, without getting into patching details. He covers that in another video.

For only $49, and with the modular sample library, and the flexibility, I'm terribly tempted...
Apologies for the self-quoting, but for anyone else who was interested in this, it seems Glitchmachines just renamed it, possibly due to the naming issues some posters/commenters brought up on Synthtopia? So now it's called Quadrant, and can be found here: http://www.glitchmachines.com/products/quadrant/

I know this because I just went to their website to buy it and couldn't find it, had a :psyduck: moment where I thought they pulled it entirely, then clicked around and found this.

See also this post from BKPR in the synth thread if you're interested in a list of what all modules this thing has: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3617837&pagenumber=15&perpage=40#post428322443

minidracula
Dec 22, 2007

boo woo boo

Radiapathy posted:

JRRShop currently has UVI's Vintage Legends package for $199 (down from the usual $349). I'm a big fan of UVI's stuff, but I only pick it up when it's on sale. Just got this one, but haven't had a chance to check it out yet.

NOTE: JRRShop seems to have a standing coupon code for a 10% discount on all orders. The coupon code is: FORUM

They're also running a pretty big sale on FXpansion products, although curiously their Geist offer doesn't match the current special still available at Musician's Friend. Anyway they've got Synth Squad for $99 (regularly $249), and Tremor for $99 (regularly $149).
Honestly the main thing preventing me from pulling the trigger on buying Geist at that discounted price is that I'm gonna get sent physical media, like a CD-ROM or DVD, an I don't have a convenient way to make that work for me to get it installed.

minidracula
Dec 22, 2007

boo woo boo
Has anyone picked up a Maschine Studio? Someone who has been using it? Any reports? I'm idly curious. I already own Maschine (Mk 1., both Mikro and Original), but they're not with me at the moment. Wondering what the real-world use cases are for Studio.

Radiapathy posted:

I made a video that illustrates how bad Battery 4 blows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jxcf5oMhNlA

Hopefully I'll be able to let this issue go now (and hopefully Battery 3 will continue to work fine for me until there's an adequate replacement).
Thanks for making this, this was really informative. I haven't used Battery 4, just Battery 3 (last Komplete I purchased was Komplete 7), but this definitely highlights some of the (unfortunate) differences between the two. Battery 3 still looks pretty good!

minidracula
Dec 22, 2007

boo woo boo
Everyone following this thread probably already knows, but the Kaivo 1.1 update is out for Mac and Windows (since, like, June 17). With DSP code optimizations! And more!

minidracula
Dec 22, 2007

boo woo boo
Since I mentioned it first in the synth thread, but meant to drop a link here: VSTSpeek is a VST or AU-wrapped assembly-to-C recreation of the C64 Software Automatic Mouth. Original assembly-to-C port by Sebastian Macke, VST and AU plugins from the Wavosaur guys. I'm messing with it alongside messing with VOCALOID for some weird lyrical/musical tinkering and experiments (heavily processed by CDP).

minidracula
Dec 22, 2007

boo woo boo

Anarch posted:

Sorry for the lack of info and delayed reply, as I've been really busy with work. Really wasn't sure if people would be into buying off Steam, but RandomCheese worked it out. The only complication that I can think of is that if you don't have a Steam account, they might temporarily lock your ability to trades. If that's the case, you can probably Paypal another Steam goon (trader or friend) to buy it and hold it in their inventory til you can trade. Amazing deal if you can get one, though.

Also, just checked one of the trading sites (Steamtrades.com): Hstty AKA Niko is selling Ohmicide for 6 TF2 keys(roughly $15). Don't know the person personally.
Thanks for the pointer to Niko, Anarch. I just set up a trade for six TF2 keys, easy-peasy, even with the time zone difference between Seattle and Matsudo, Chiba. Done and done!

Now to see how Steam handles installing VSTs...

Edit: So at least in this case, what Steam actually downloads and "installs" is an installer for Ohmicide (64-bit). When you double click that in your Steam library (or right click and pick "Launch App..."), it runs the installer, which gives you a chance to pick your VST folder. It is, however, already pre-registered in the installer with your Steam account name and a corresponding key code.

minidracula fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Aug 29, 2014

minidracula
Dec 22, 2007

boo woo boo

Radiapathy posted:

Blue Cat Audio is one of my favorite lesser-known plugin developers. They do cool meters, tools, and processing plugins. They've been firing on all cylinders lately, and this latest thing, Plug'n Script, is really promising for developing your own personal-use plugins.
This looks interesting, thanks!

Which reminds me: has anyone ITT played around with SynthEdit as a sorta similar thing? I feel like it's one of those things I periodically go back to look at, but I've not actually yet tried it out. I'm sure I have at least a few plugins I use from time to time that were made with it, and during one of those occasions where I go to look up more about it and check it out, you see the typical type of forum post where some people claim "real plugins" aren't made with it. :rolleyes: Still, I'm sure there are real limits, but I was wondering what those, y'know, actually are, to see if they matter for things I might like to theoretically make with it. Last time I looked into it some time ago, it seemed like it wasn't being updated for newer platforms and didn't have 64-bit support? I'm not sure.

minidracula
Dec 22, 2007

boo woo boo

Oldstench posted:

Exactly. Burial wrote all his albums in Sound Forge.
True. And honestly the more I interact with MIDI, the more I'm convinced of this approach (which I lean towards naturally anyway).

minidracula
Dec 22, 2007

boo woo boo

crimedog posted:

I assumed it was true when I first read the interview. I mean, people have made music by cutting up tape. A digital 2-track editor is heavenly in comparison.
Same here.

Also, guys: Plogue chipspeech is finally out. I've been checking the website every few days or so, whenever I remember, and somehow I missed that it came out on the 14th. However, the intro price is still valid for now:

quote:

Available for a limited time at the introductory price of 75USD/63EUR/50GBP (regular price: 95USD/80EUR/63GBP)
http://www.plogue.com/products/chipspeech/

They also have a few bundles available on their store page if you don't already own all of their other stuff:

quote:

chipspeech and chipcrusher Combo

Get both chipspeech and chipcrusher in one shot and save 12%!
PRICE: 114$ 99.99$

Bag of chips bundle

Get chipsounds, chipspeech and chipcrusher in one shot and save 18%!
PRICE: 208$ 169.99$

Complete bundle

Get all 4 products in one shot and save 24%!
PRICE: 304$ 229.99$
http://www.plogue.com/store/

minidracula
Dec 22, 2007

boo woo boo

Radiapathy posted:

So the rumors have been confirmed: Apple did buy Camel Audio.

The PC user outrage on KVR is off the charts; people swearing never to support anything those developers do in the future. I'm sure the Camel guys are crying all the way to the bank.
Hah! I was just talking about Camel Audio suddenly going dark with my buddy/studio partner last night over late night food and ciders. I mentioned that there was all sort of rumor and speculation at the time, and some thought that it might have been Apple, but I thought that was nonsense. Guess I spoke too soon!

I'm sure this has probably already been asked here before, but is there any way to do license transfers? I'm asking because I'm wondering if that might be the only viable route to getting a used/pre-owned copy of Alchemy now...

minidracula
Dec 22, 2007

boo woo boo

MockingQuantum posted:

On the subject of drum software, what's everybody's thoughts on Liquid Rhythm? I'm a complete feeb when it comes to writing drum parts, so a non-traditional approach to it like this appeals to me, but it's hard for me to get a sense of how useful it'd be compared to anything else.
I delayed impulse bought it a little while ago, and so far I like it, but I am still operating at a surface level with it; I haven't done a deep dive into it yet. Still, I don't regret the purchase at all.

minidracula
Dec 22, 2007

boo woo boo
I think it was Flipperwaldt (or possibly Your Computer... but I think Flipperwaldt) who uses/was using Seq24 for something or as part of their workflow.

Flipperwaldt (or Your Computer, or whoever it was): how are you using that, or how did you use it, in the regular case? I feel like it could be useful for me, at least in spots, but I haven't figured out how I'm going to work it in. That causes me to ask the obvious question "well, is it worth figuring out?".

Also, just for some obligatory VST content: I just came across this from an old mention on the AudioMulch forums, while I was trawling for some other info. Haven't used it yet but it looks potentially cool.

http://code.google.com/p/midi-shape-shifter/

EDIT: Also, any tips on how I might be able to actually get a transfer/resold Alchemy license if I don't already have a Camel Audio account? I saw some sales on the KVR forums, but all of them (that I saw) required the buyer to already have an account... which I don't. :(

minidracula fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Mar 26, 2015

minidracula
Dec 22, 2007

boo woo boo
I posted this in the synth thread, so here's just a quick blurb and a link to that: Randy Jones (Aalto, Kaivo, Soundplane) is making a new virtual instrument, and it should be out sometime between 30 days from now to maybe before the end of the year.

minidracula
Dec 22, 2007

boo woo boo
Apologies for the additional post, but I wanted to survey some other people and see what folks are doing.

I'm in the process of getting a new laptop all set up with various tools. This (newer) one is running Windows 10 64-bit, and I'm starting to install my audio software on it. Right now it's minimal, and I'm basically deciding whether or not I want to bother with 32-bit versions of most of my stuff at all (assuming there's a 64-bit version available). So far I've installed Ableton Live 9 Suite in 64-bit, FL Studio 12 in both 32-bit and 64-bit (which is what the installer does by default), Reaktor 5 and Reaktor 6 both in 64-bit, Max 7 64-bit, some plugins that come in both 32-bit and 64-bit versions (Aalto, Kaivo), and REAPER 5.02 in both 32-bit and 64-bit. With REAPER, I intentionally decided to install both since it's one of the tools I use to suss out and play around with new VSTs and plugins, and it seemed like it might be a good idea to have both builds handy.

I was debating also installing e.g., Live 9 32-bit, Max 7 32-bit, and older Live & Max versions, as well as other software still on my list, but then got to thinking: should I bother? Between either native 32-bit VST/plugin bridging support where available, and things like jBridge, is there any real need to keep installing 32-bit versions on my newer systems? Granted, on my current workhorse laptop, I have both bitnesses of almost everything that comes in both installed, mostly because 64-bit versions of some of the big DAWs and suites are relatively new (Live, FL Studio, what have you), and I want to maintain legacy compatibility with older projects of mine with ideally no or minimal fuss. But for the new box, is there really any need or utility to doing so, provided I still have ways to run those 32-bit plugins that don't have or won't get 64-bit versions?

Just curious to see how others are navigating this situation.

minidracula
Dec 22, 2007

boo woo boo

Trig Discipline posted:

Side note: Holy poo poo Audiomulch still exists.
Side side note: AudioMulch is still the poo poo.

minidracula
Dec 22, 2007

boo woo boo

Trig Discipline posted:

No joke, looking at one of the demo videos gave me a hankering to go mulching again. Been a while.
Hey hey, hey hey. Mulch sound erry day.

minidracula
Dec 22, 2007

boo woo boo
Apologies for the cross-post from the synth thread, but Virta is now out:
http://madronalabs.com/products/virta

minidracula
Dec 22, 2007

boo woo boo
Anyone here playing with Geist2 yet? I bought Geist on that insane discount a while back (for the actual physical disc, I think fulfilled through Amazon), and have fiddled with it, but not really dove in. For that reason alone, I should probably avoid considering Geist2 yet, but was just wondering if others here are thinking about it or already poking at it.

minidracula
Dec 22, 2007

boo woo boo
Guys. I just got home from the bar and happened to check the page for AAS Chromaphone 2, and it's only $99 right now! (That's more than half-off (by $1 USD)!)

But! Not only that, but basically everything from them is on sale right now, including bundles of all their things! A limited-time only summer sale!

Total surprise to me, since Chromaphone was on sale when version 2 was released a little while ago (earlier this year), but that discount wasn't as nice as this one is! Not only that, but Lounge Lizard EP-4 was just on sale too, so I thought it might be a bit before they had another, especially one so wide-ranging (which I wasn't expecting at all!)

Suffice to say I bought Chromaphone 2 immediately, since I was thinking of buying it during the version 2 launch, but waited, and was seriously considering buying it for full price anyway (hence the post-bar check-in earlier tonight).

minidracula
Dec 22, 2007

boo woo boo

MockingQuantum posted:

Double-post because I have a question of my own: Anybody have a strong recommendation for or against the GForce Oddity 2? And has anybody in here used both it and the Korg Odyssey? Hardware vs. software preferences aside, do you gain anything significant by going with the physical synth?
I really shouldn't bother to reply because I'm not going to be helpful, in that I haven't used Oddity 2 myself... yet. I do have the Korg ARP Odyssey and love it to bits though. A friend of mine has used Oddity on like every track she's made (exaggerating somewhat, but you get the idea) and loves it, and still bought the Korg ARP Odyssey when it came out. I think she uses both in different use cases and loves both (I actually bought my Korg ARP Odyssey through/from her). The timing of your question here is coincidentally interesting to me though, since I've been thinking of picking up Oddity 2 lately just to have it in my VST quiver, but haven't done so yet.

minidracula
Dec 22, 2007

boo woo boo

MockingQuantum posted:

Well fwiw the reason I ask is because GForce is a British company.... so as long as you're not in the UK, this'll be the "cheapest" it is for a while.
Very true, and yeah, I checked the exchange rate daily when I started looking at maybe picking it up (post-Brexit announcement), but I've not been in a rush because 1) I have the Korg ARP Odyssey, 2) it's a premium priced plug-in regardless, and the exchange rate fluctuations right now may make a difference, but not a profound one for me (since I already missed the most serious drop in USD-GBP before it recovered somewhat), and 3) I have other stuff I have dollars allocated for "first", both in SW and HW.

minidracula
Dec 22, 2007

boo woo boo
Hey VST thread! Here's a dumb question I've been meaning to ask here, but haven't (until now!)

Quite a while ago, I bought a Waves plugin (SoundShifter) when it was on some crazy sale (I think based on a tip here in this same thread!). Lately, whenever something (e.g. a DAW or VST host) scans all my plugins, or directly tries to load SoundShifter, I get a Waves license manager message saying no licenses can be found.

I know this plugin was licensed, because I went through the horrible Waves downloader and licenser when I bought this (and I loaded it then and used it, etc.). Do I need to update something in order to keep it licensed? Because the Waves BS was already annoying before, and if I need to keep updating and policing it, well, I don't think it's probably worth what I paid for this plugin on discount.

Any ideas though, thread?

minidracula
Dec 22, 2007

boo woo boo

Quincy Smallvoice posted:

So im fairly close to pulling the trigger on a Komplete 11 crossgrade (From maschine/Komplete Kontrol) - But i'd end up with a few duplicates.

Reaktor 6 (crossgrade version)
Razor
Skanner XT
The Mouth

Is anyone here interested in either of these, via license transfer?

edit: for sale, if that wasnt obvious, goon prices of course.
I'd be interested in everything except Reaktor 6 (already got it), I think. I need to double check to make sure I don't already have Skanner XT (may have picked it up with a holidaytime GC in a year previous or similar), but even if so, Razor and The Mouth are on my list, and I didn't grab them during the recent sale.

Shall I check and get back to you?

minidracula
Dec 22, 2007

boo woo boo

yeah I think you need to own one of the other things first; maschine, or maybe something like razor

edit: Okay found it:

This crossgrade only works for users of KOMPLETE KONTROL S25-88, MASCHINE 2 software (included with MASCHINE STUDIO, and new purchases of MASCHINE and MASCHINE MIKRO)

So.. anyone interested has to own one of those two
Sorry it too me so long to get back to you on this. It turns out I have Skanner XT, so I don't need that, but I'm still interested in Razor and The Mouth. However, I don't think I have any of the crossgrade items above. I do have Maschine (specifically: "MASCHINE incl. Komplete Elements" and "MASCHINE MIKRO incl. Komplete Elements"), but I haven't upgraded that to Maschine 2 yet. I've been thinking about doing that anyway though, so the question now is would I need to upgrade to buy Razor and The Mouth from you, or not? Let me know either way.

minidracula
Dec 22, 2007

boo woo boo

Good question. The Komplete Kontrol/Maschine package now is called Komplete Select, not Elements. But according to my order history both the mouth and razor are listed as being full versions - while reaktor 6 lists as crossgrade. If the system is at all logical it shouldn't be a problem but its impossible to be sure. Just let me know what you wanna do, yeah?
Well, let's try it. What are you looking for for both Razor and The Mouth?

minidracula
Dec 22, 2007

boo woo boo

50% off i thought. 55 bucks.
$55 total for both? Either way, let me know, and let me know where to direct payment to (when we're ready for that step).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

minidracula
Dec 22, 2007

boo woo boo

Trig Discipline posted:

Yeah but it only requires an ilok account, not a dongle. And you don't even have to use ilok's software to validate, Soundtoys has a thing that does it on its own. Really not the hassle most ilok stuff is.
(Bolded emphasis above is mine.) I know this is from a while ago, but is this still true? Reading what I've found in relatively minimal looking on the Soundtoys site, it seems like you use the iLok License Manager.

Anyway, I've been staunchly anti-iLok on free and paid plugins, but the end of year sales running right now on Soundtoys and Eventide plugins has me questioning this somewhat. Can people please post their trip reports on good/bad experiences with the software/"virtual USB"/non-dongle/"machine authorization" iLok option, especially if in conjunction with either Soundtoys or Eventide plugins (or both)?

I'm wondering how invasive and demanding the whole licensing kit & kaboodle for iLok account-based software-only auth is with these plugins, including periodic reauth hassles, connectivity requirements, if it's going to bitch because I have WinDbg installed on Windows, etc., etc. If I buy these, I'm hoping they're no more onerous than say, Max/MSP licensing (which sometimes requires a login to sync, not sure what triggers it) or (even better) Ableton Live, or similar.