Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Crossposting a recent experience from the Greg Stolze thread.

quote:

After getting my group pumped for an Unknown Armies game, I started paging through the conspiracy theories/ideas section. I had a laugh remarking to my players that the section on Elvis simply reads "He's dead."

One of the players then piped up with the following suggestion.

"Maybe the reason Elvis is 'just dead' while all this other stuff is flying around is because the universe needs someone to be 'just dead' while people wish it were otherwise. Perhaps there's a secret cabal that assassinates people trying to resurrect The King, because if they didn't, the universe would split apart."

God drat.

Unknown Armies owns.

My players own.

A good, solid group really is the greatest treasure in gaming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Holy poo poo, I remember having a blast reading that godgame. Great fun to watch.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

JustJeff88 posted:

Agreed. We always had fumble and crit tables ready to keep high-level warriors with tons of attacks from somehow tripping over their own wrists. We were into tactical combat, even in combat-light campaigns, and having things like reduced movement (due to leg wounds), loss of strength (arm wounds), loss of vision (cuts above/to the eye) made for very exciting fights.

Were there miscast tables for the casters?

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

MizPiz posted:

Are there any collections of good cat piss stories somewhere online? Can't buy archives upgrade and don't really want to go through the threads to find them anyways.

You're posting this in a 171 page long thread. There's plenty of cat piss.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

chaos rhames posted:

Idea: Paranoia larp. Rent out an abandoned factory and be an rear end in a top hat for 6 hours.

First guy to run out of clones has to chip off all that nice, new, multicoloured paint and restore everything back to rust clearance.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

oh so it's like "uplifted gibbon" rather than "gigantic gibbon"

that's a bit less fun. alistair reynolds has kinda sated me on uplifted primates, to be honest

Didn't they only get a few chapters of screen time in Xavier's workshop? Most of the uplift I remember were pigs.

loving Run Seven.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

VanSandman posted:

What power did the Prince use to get bear hands?

Legalism. The right to bear arms and all that...

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

What kind of shows would you get to see on networks like Necromancers' Broadcasting Circle?

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Thank you all for the great replies to the broadcasting network question. I really needed a laugh. :)

And holy moley that orphan story!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Ooh. Please do the one about Odin and the origin of mead on Midgard.