Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
A paladin could get good work at a brothel. Combination bouncer and healer for diseases. trying desperately to avoid a “lay on hands” joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Where can this masterpiece be found? I must watch it.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

Mutant Crawl Classics @ gencon

Me - A Planient (sentient oak tree) with a mutation that turns me into gold
Another player - A shaman whose deity is a technogod computer

We were taken captive by a cult leader. After claiming to be even more powerful prophets, our execution was quickly slated.

The shaman prays to his computer god and crits. The god grants him immense strength in the form of a powerarmor exosuit. I turn into a solid gold rod. The powershaman picks me up and uses me as a bat to tee-ball the cult leaders head off.

Friend Computer provides, citizen.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Grand Prize Winner posted:

Back in community college my group'ss DM had two D20s he'd customized with like a dremel or something: one that had only 19 20s and a 1 and one that had 19 1s and a 20. He'd let you roll the good one once per session but in return he'd make you use the bad on one roll of his choosing.

This is an awesome idea.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Absolutely this. In my groups, mini bosses get turbomurdered and the one ordinary mook who got away evolves into the big bad.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Magical Dolly posted:

The following letter was received by our DM after she tried talking with a problem player. It came from the problem player's other DM.

What sort of person has to run to another DM to try to influence their current game?

Goddamn, it’s like you found a real life Deck Of Many Things and drew Flames.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

I must insist you C&D your D&D until you meet my standards - Critical 20, esq.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Our Rogue Trader DM changed his name to Critical 20 after reading that shameful letter.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

A penis beholder is unique in that its gaze attack causes itself to petrify.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Kinda feeling ripped off that no one else’s casts Imprisonment.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

LupusAter posted:

Well, I guess I'll bring some more wrassletales. I am too in the goon game, playing as Javier aka Fragata, the Luchador.

He's a third-generation luchador, so he literally grew up in the biz. The thing is that the gimmick of his family promotion is that everyone there has a bird-themed mask and name, and the callbacks and jokey references have reached the point where I enlisted comedy wrestling master Ganso Sin Nombre as help for a match.

Backstage I've somehow managed to avoid most drama, which has made Javier one of the reasonable people in the locker room, which is hilarious as he's a dyed-in-the-wool carnie, probably incapable of surviving in polite society, and perfectly willing to put his personal safety in jeopardy if he thinks it'll lead to good lucha.

The big storyline I've concluded has been saving our giant jobber's career by training him and having him debut as the hoss luchador Casuario to help me take revenge on the heels that had kidnapped my PC's grandfather, the original Fragata.

I'm one of the more diehard wrestling fans in the game, and I must say that writing up matches in the system is a delight, it doesn't constrain what you can try to do but has you live with the consequences.

Oh my god he has a literal pepperoni nipple, it’s amazing :discourse:

Preechr
May 19, 2009

CobiWann posted:

According to my DM, I am not allowed to hire a goblin to follow the PC's around and steal the verbal, somatic, and material signs of the Wizard in order to have the goblin bang on a drum during a fight with the Big Bad to let them know which spells are incoming and if they're worth Counterspelling.

The idea of a Goblin base coach has now embedded itself into my consciousness and I cannot dislodge it.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

What you really need is to use whichever Summon Animal lets you summon a rhinoceros and a potion of flesh to stone.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

A combat round is only six seconds though, while a rodeo is eight seconds. Clearly out of bounds for the spell. :haw:

Preechr
May 19, 2009

CobiWann posted:

According to my DM, the Lady of Pain rules the city of Sigil by the Rule-of-Three, not by the Rule-of-Threesomes.

Bard: “That’s where you’re wrong, kiddo”

Preechr
May 19, 2009

You didn’t need a spell to discover that. It turns out the real adventure was the murderhobos we made along the way.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

CobiWann posted:

The PC's are from Tanicus and we're currently about to settle accounts with the Big Bad in his throne room on Tanikus.

Open a gate to Tanecus and summon FYAD.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

My favorite was probably the imperial sourcebook, because they go into exacting detail just how ridiculous the empire’s toys are.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

CobiWann posted:

According to my DM, there's a difference between "coming out of the darkness like Michael Myers" and "coming out of the darkness like Mike Myers."

It sounds like “Rodan comes through the door with a blaster in his hand” is the solution to either of these situations.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

My group prefers using tabletop simulator. It’s so real, we even have superstitions about certain dice.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

HellCopter posted:

I was DMing a game in Roll20 and removed juuust a little too much fog of war, revealing a bit of hallway behind a hidden door. Of course the players suddenly became very interested in investigating this wall.

They roll their perception checks.
6, 8, 8, 9.

Nope, nothing weird here! No you can't investigate the wall again, you're really quite sure that it's a normal wall! Never seen them so frustrated.

That’s what they get for trying to metagame. In our rogue trader group, only the ork managed to succeed a forbidden lore check to recognize the tyrannids we just fought, and his knowledge of them is in an extremely orky context. The players all know that the stasis tubes we recovered have rippers in them. Since our characters don’t, we are going to do the logical thing and sell them to a slave trader so we can restaff our miserable clusterfuck of a colony after the dark eldar depopulated it largely consensual promethium refinery following a mysterious manpower shortage.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Try square dancing.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

What about “Summon A Shitload of Dimes” ?

Preechr
May 19, 2009

There has to be a Candygram spell, though.

And of course, we all know the somatic and verbal components for the spell “The French Mistake.”

Preechr fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Jul 22, 2020

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Rogue needs to fake his own decline and death in despair over the cruel joke that was played on him and make the wizard feel like a real piece of poo poo, maybe get a tearful confession at the funeral before the reveal.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Undeath to Ham.
Ennervating Ham.
Freedom of Ham.
Greater Ham.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Yawgmoth posted:

Pineapple.

That only destroys pizza.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

CobiWann posted:

According to my ST, the Trump Presidency is not a Malkavian plot that spun out of control.

That's because it's a plot by Tzeentch-worshippers that is proceeding just as planned.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

But is there a Power Word: Giggity?

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Agrikk posted:

I’ve been running a roll20 campaign for a few weeks now and I’ve been trying to put my finger on why it feels off somehow. Sure, it’s remote and sure voip is flaky at time but this statement really captures it.

When someone does something cool/weird/funny the room explodes with laughter and ad-libs and side comments that just pile up as noise online. I’ve never noticed it before but, even when you are talking one-on-on with someone you are always aware of all the other conversations going on. The lack of that awareness really puts a damper on the flow of energy in a “room”.

Have you tried using discord? It feels like the audio wonkiness is minimal and my group and I have a great time talking over each other and laughing at some idiotic thing we’ve just pulled.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Depending on how much effort your GM wants to put in, also consider Tabletop Simulator. It’s been great for my Rogue Trader group.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

The killer should start seeing the victim’s reflection instead of their own from time to time, but only when the rest of the party isn’t around. This should happen infrequently at first, and the reflection should start by showing Not-cissus in his final, ruined state. But bit by bit over time, his visage changes, gradually healing; it begins to stare accusingly at the killer, or mockingly when appropriate. And one day, when his face is fully restored, it becomes asynchronous. Smiling from ear to ear, it reaches out of the mirror...

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Tunicate posted:

yeah bad things happen if you put a bag of holding inside your portable hole

:vince:

Preechr
May 19, 2009

It’s only save-or-die if the Handy Haversacks touch.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Yawgmoth posted:

nuke it from orbit, it's the only way to be sure

Reminds me of a solution I read years ago.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Have you tried Summon OSHA Auditor?

Preechr
May 19, 2009

CobiWann posted:

According to my DM, my Artificer cannot invent an ice cream flavor named "Cherry Gygax."

That’s because the Planar Artificer’s Association signed a non-compete with the wizards, so they can’t infringe on Cone of Coldstone Creameries.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

If you can get your party to agree to play 4 martial-focused Wereturtles, you could make April O'Heal.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Look, there’s a lot of ways to use Magic Mouth. Legitimate journalist reasons, even!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Preechr
May 19, 2009

“We are experiencing higher than normal spell volume. Please hold. Your death is very important to us.”