Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Ashdesert posted:

I was thinking "maybe the GM accidentally put you in a situation over your head and isn't willing to fudge the dice," until I got there. If the GM is using one of their old characters as an NPC, run as fast as you can.

Well, it can be done properly. I'm going to be running a game pretty soon here and it'll have characters from the pathfinder game I play in (we're all level 2 in that game so they aren't ridiculous world-ending soul destroyers)

It's when they're central characters that it causes a problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I think everyone is ignoring the obvious solution of summoning multiple pianos to flatten the spikes

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Play as a cleric dedicated to him, even if he receives no spells. Later on, hatch a plan to kill him out of spite for the whole spell thing.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
My DM comes up with the most overwrought fantasy names for NPCs and has decided to name and give backstories to each of our followers (Gained via Leadership) so we've short-circuited the whole thing by referring to them as "Hey idiot"

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I tell my players to make some characters for a quick arena-style one shot with a bit of a story to familiarize them with the pathfinder adaptation of the Tome of Battle, and they come to me with:
-Sexy the Punch Master
-A goblin serial killer
-Sgt. Yolo Noscope of His Majesties 420th Light Regiment of Foot

There's a story brewing here.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

CobiWann posted:

And what should you do if the plumph offers you the gift of an egg?

Let the man offer you an egg in this trying time

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Start typing that one immediately

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Don't blow their ships up, just give them new ships big enough to hold their old ones

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Bieeardo posted:

I like the cut of your jib.

it only works if you blow up the most recent ship and send them scrambling onto the older one repeatedly in the final combat. like a giant spacefaring matryoshka doll.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Rockopolis is on the right track. Adventurers, as they level up, start flat-out ignoring some nasty diseases that they contract while doing their thing. Put some fighter flesh in there to give the Vampire giga dysentery from the Undersump, lung cancer from repeated campfires in enclosed spaces or ghost rabies from that one time they fought a spirit wolf.

e: actually, is it limited to one disease? if not you could toss in pieces of flesh from the whole party to knock even a vampire on it's rear end with a cocktail of every genetic disease, dormant disease and addiction (thanks to the drug rules) the party has

Eox fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Mar 17, 2017

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Yawgmoth posted:

Vampires are undead and thus immune to both disease and poison (which includes drugs). You need special not-diseases and not-poisons for that.

Everything else is not gonna get past that, but ghost rabies definitely affects undead and Giga Dysentery could probably give a golem the screaming shits after a few mutations

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
This is where you start taking inspiration from The Santa Clause and start slowly giving him Death's abilities

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
My group has always used lego for minis. If you want a fully custom job, Bricklink let's you order individual parts and there's 3rd party stuff like Brickforge/Brickarms for more unique pieces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Baronjutter posted:

That's a really good idea. I should bring my huge cube of lego figs to the next game and let everyone go for it.

The design can be a little busy, but I highly recommend Brickwarriors if you want a more fantasy-lookin dude.