Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

the_steve posted:

I would kill to get into a game half as good as yours. Sweet jeebus.

Seriously, SERIOUSLY seriously, I would go out and buy a campaign setting book for Tanicus, even if it's crazy expensive and comes in a three-part series.

In the meantime, you should see if you can't get your character sheets up on the wiki. ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

Bro, seriously, name and shame. There's points where the Geek Social Fallacies come into play, and then there's this poo poo. Call the bastard out for being an insufferable prick, so that way others don't have to go through the same deal.

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

:magical:

I love the thought of going back to older campaigns and seeing "what happened X years later". Though, it may just be me, but I kept thinking "Z's gonna be revealed as short for Zaaya, and she's gonna be one of Zaaya's weird paradox-y timeclones :tviv: ", except that never happened.

Or is that gonna be a big plot twist for the new game? :wiggle:

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

Lunatic Sledge posted:

It takes a while for it all to sink in--that even their metagame knowledge was wrong. I get straight up congratulated for finding a way to pull the wool over their eyes, but I couldn't possibly have done it if they, as players, hadn't been so god drat good at this. They cared. They played their hearts out. They gave me stuff to work with and I worked my rear end off to work with it. I've thrown together some of the goofiest, most bizarre pseudo-science anime mumbo jumbo bullshit into just three sessions and everybody made it work beautifully. I loving love this campaign, and these people. Jesus.

gently caress. gently caress.

I'm absolutely flabbergasted, and thoroughly impressed. Like, just that line, "even their metagame knowledge was wrong." I would loving kill to have a game like that, because it just takes all the expectations of the players (i.e. that their characters will be hosed with, but the players are safe) and just dumps that right on its head.

Like, I'd love to do something like that if I ever get a game going in my area, and it almost feels like I should ask permission to use that concept, just because of how expertly you did it.

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

I mean, it's Shadowrun, so always assume everyone's out to get you even when they're telling you to your face that they're not. Still, though, that's fairly impressive that the GM was able to pull that off without anyone realizing the plan before the payoff.

Kudos. :golfclap:

Also, am I the only one who IMMEDIATELY thinks that Sakura is Yumi's spirit mentor?

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

Wizards: No sense of right or wrong.

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

Harrow posted:

That gave me an idea: I think I'm going to try to engineer situations in which Gideon keeps trying to lure them into obvious traps and, I assume, they keep not falling for it. My original idea was a more standard rivals setup, but now I kind of love the idea that Gideon and his crew hate the PCs, and the PCs are going to barely even realize they exist. Months from now, when they finally do cross paths and don't remember them, and Theodore and Danu explain who they are, my players are going to laugh their asses off and it'll all be worth it.

A caveat: Don't try and force this to happen. If they end up running into the rivals naturally, and don't have anything better to do, just let it run it's course, and don't bullshit some reason for them to just barely miss each other or whatever.

However, if you can get it so that like, a RL year has gone by and only just then do the PCs realize who they are and what's been going on, all the better.

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

First and foremost, :drat:
Secondly, :golfclap:
Third, is that new game set in Fallcrest you mentioned, is that the same group as well, or are there some changes to the party? Also, is it staying 5th Edition, or is it something else? (I only ask because it sounds like it may have already started).

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

Clicking to see his posts in this thread should get you most of them. Nthing the :drat: reactions.

I have to ask - does your DM have any tips on building a world that rich? How did they start? Do they have any DMing tips in general? Because holy gently caress your stories have inspried me to start DMing again.

Piggybacking off of the mentions of DMing, something I've personally done and have recommended other friends and DMs of mine to do is to plan out what the world is doing if the PCs just end up being mindless goldfish in a bowl. By which, I mean have plot, NPCs, and other stuff going on in the background, and let the PCs choose what to latch on to and what to ignore.

One of my personal favorite tools for this is Page 10 of the D&D Companion Set Dungeon Masters's Guide, below.

These charts and percentages are the likelihood of such events happening over the course of a year for a domain currently being ruled by a PC. I personally use the chart as a quarterly check, instead of a yearly one, and apply the effects to the local area where the PCs are, and do so for about 3 years or so.

For example, one of the more interesting results I'd rolled up was a couple of major weather disasters (iirc Hurricane and Earthquake), a Fanatic Cult forming, and a Comet passing by all in the same quarter, with Insurrection and Usurpation immediately following the next quarter. Something like that easily lends itself to the locals seeing the weather and celestial happenings as a sign of displeasure from the gods, and a cult rises up to overthrow the blaspheming ruler and take control of the area. This kind of thing doesn't happen quickly (as evidenced by the fact that it took two rolls of the chart, or a half-year to occur), and thus if the PCs want to, they can find out about the budding cult, get themselves integrated within, and help turn out the unfit ruler. Or, as PCs are wont to do, find out about the budding cult, let the ruler in charge know about the plot against their rule (and possibly their life), and get the go-ahead to start cult-stomping.

The more effort you put into a world, the more rich it will become. I've had a DM who literally worked on a campaign world for about a year or so before the game even started, and I've had DMs who've thrown together a campaign in about an hour or two before the first session. The extra time and effort put into the campaign goes a lot farther than you'd think (though tbqh I think a year's preparation might be just a li~ittle too much, but I stuck around in that game for 6 years IRL anyway, so :shrug: ).

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

Yawgmoth posted:

That would make sense but holy poo poo is that a lot of rolling; the sort of thing I'd want to make a script for a bot to do for me or something.
Yeah, considering it's part of the BECMI line, I'd love to find a webpage out there that someone already did this up and generates results with a simple button click. Alas, I'm fairly retarded when it comes to programming, or else I'd do it myself. As in, yes, I've hand-rolled the entire chart multiple times for a few different campaign ideas, because that's how we did it my days. :corsair:

unseenlibrarian posted:

Also you only get 1d4 events a year, so you roll 1d4 to see how much weird poo poo happens that year, then roll on each until one succeeds, filling up a slot of weird poo poo for that year.
With the dominion rules as written, sure, but I like to roll through the entire list each quarter-year (so 4 whole runs through per in-game year), just to see if there's anything neat that may come up to roll into the plot. As I mentioned in my first post, I do three in-game years from the get-go, so that gives me tons of background plot to work with while the players may be grinding their way up from being dirt-farmers into useful murderhobos.

CobiWann posted:

I have wasted my life.

Edit - oh man, reading it over there are so many things I got wrong because I joined the campaign late and was going off of second hand mentions for past stuff. Have tempted to go back and edit, but when legend becomes fact...

Next campaign I’ll take better notes from the start.

You should print that out and give it to your DM for Christmas. Tell him that he's inspired a bunch of goons on here.

Speaking of, I'd just started a 5th Edition game myself the other week, though it was mostly just farting around last time, and we actually got to some plot this time around. The cast of idiots is:
:drac: - Myself, a Dhampir Warlock of the Undying patron (really just the Plane Shift Zendikar Vampire, refluffed as half-vampire because it's nowhere near as powerful as a real vamp)
:vd: - The player, affectionately(?) known as "Neckbeard", playing a Life Cleric Kobold of Bahamut.
:black101: - A friend of the DM's, playing a Dwarf Fighter named Beef Kurtis. Constantly gets called Beef Curtains for obvious reasons. Still a chill dude.
:catholic: - Another friend of the DM's, I'd played with him in a game once before, and seemed a little obnoxious. Aasimar Paladin of Vengeance.
:ninja: - Last player, childhood DM Friend and also knows :catholic: too. Cowardly as gently caress, but does decent enough damage. Halfling Rogue (Thief).

Oh yeah, even though none of us have really played much of 5th Ed, we're all starting at 10th level. :shrug:

So, through various shenanigans involving devoured corpses, druids, and mushroom men, we've managed to find a magical tower that may or may not have belonged to a witch we're also looking for, and may or may not be some Doctor Who reference I don't get. It basically allows us to travel between various realities at the cost of spell slots, which means since mine recover fairly quickly compared to the rest of the party's means I'm now the tower commander. However, this was not without incident, as we had to deal with clockwork protectors of the castle, as well as an animated pile of gold. This particular encounter kinda left half the table feeling lovely, which I'll detail a little later.

So anyway, we travel to another reality, Chrono Trigger our way out of this absolutely petrified dirt farmer's closet, and proceed to find out that the tower just dropped us off here, but it's really about a couple of miles through this barren farmland, on top of a nearby mountain. After realizing that our group appears human and followers of Pelor (to which I remark something about the Burning Hate, but no one listens), the dirt farmer has us help find her husband and son, who've headed towards the town and haven't been seen from in a while.

We make our way through the farms, noticing that the local water supply is not the clean, clear water it should be, but more like Mountain Dew green and actively caustic. Figuring this may be the cause of the issues, we press onward toward the local city. After a grueling battle with a couple of flying skull butterflies think like 4 of these fused into one, we hole up in an abandoned house for the night. At least, the rest of the party does (and finds out the zombies wandering the town are various townsfolk). I wander out into the city to try and find the child we're looking for (due to my innate Sanctuary vs. Undead due to, again, my Undying patron class ability, any undead looking to attack me needs to roll a 20 or better to do so). Instead, I find a ton of undead, a flaming knight, formerly of Pelor, and a crowd of frightened citizens. A Banishment later gets rid of the knight and a large bonehoard-looking thing, and attracts a lot of attention my way. We left off as I'm trying to run through the city and evade the undead long enough to keep the concentration on Banishment for the whole minute and see who, if any, decides to pop back into existence. The plan next session is to grab at least the one child we're looking for as a party and Dimension Door the hell away, but that might not be until after New Year's.

Going back to the gold-golem encounter, which was apparently a Hoard Golem from Kobold Press' Tome of Beasts, there were about three rounds where the golem was in a whirlwind form, and thus immune to slashing and piercing damage. Come to find out, that was the longest possible time that it could remain like that, and it was just luck the dice rolled that way. However, after it had collapsed into a solid form in the corner of the room we were fighting it in, and everyone else in the party had taken damage from that (I had Armor of Agathys up, and it just ate my temp HP), the paladin started throwing a hissy fit, as he still thought it was immune to damage, and ran out of the room and away from the party. Mind, Beef Curtains had his weapon and Bag of Holding grabbed by the golem and was reduced to less than half his HP, and was still fighting, shield-bashing the thing, while the paladin was the second-healthiest (after myself) and was told multiple times that the golem was taking damage as normal. It wasn't until the cleric used a Mass Cure Wounds that the paladin was still just in range for that he decided that "oh, well if the party wants me to come in, stand there and miss, then I guess that's what I'll do :sigh:" Only for the rest of the table to chew him out for being a little bitch that didn't pay attention the other three times the DM said "you can deal damage normally now".

Like, I can understand a tactical retreat to heal or cast spells or something, but the guy all but ran away, and had the cleric not healed that turn, probably would have. I dunno, it just bugs me that as a Warlock specifically going out of my way to be armorless (as Mage Armor at-will is a thing, I'm dapper as gently caress and it's gauche to go to social gatherings in battle-worn armor) that I'm just about as tanky as the Paladin, and yet he complains about being hurt while having multiple ways to heal, whether from his own pool or the cleric's.

Aniodia fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Dec 18, 2017

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

Hattie Masters posted:

I will never play in one of his games again, and should probably write up his activities as a player as well because he's done some dumb poo poo there too.

:justpost:

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

CobiWann posted:

Quoting for effect. The best 40k groups are the ones who embrace the madness of the setting and just RUN with it. The grimdark of 40k with just a hint of Paranoia.

Apologies by the way for not having a Tanicus update. I spent last week applying for a job and found out yesterday I have an interview Friday morning. I'm incredibly nervous and just perhaps a bit hyperventilatey.

I'm not saying I'm distracting myself by thinking about how I could use my gaming experiences during the interview, however I'm distracting myself by thinking about how I could use my gaming experiences during the interview.

Able to maintain appointments
Willing to work with others
Willing to take the lead if necessary
Typical basic math junk
Able to brainstorm ideas on the fly
Problem solving abilities

All basic stuff for the typical D&D player, but you spin it the right way and it looks super nice to employers.

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

quote:

Nightclaw, it seems, is still at large.

Motherfucker you're giving me a serious case of blue balls here. You and your group are doing fantastic things, keep it up.

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

JustJeff88 posted:

I'm possibly just obtuse, but as much as I am enjoying stories of the Delphi and company I am still baffled why they would, as villains, be particularly bothered by killing a bunch of enemy grunts, many of which who are more machine than man. This is even more odd to me given that it made their mission very simple and allowed them to adopt a better territorial position.

Just as the saying goes that "Good doesn't always mean 'nice'," being evil doesn't always mean you need to be puppy-kicking sociopaths. In fact, considering most of the villain teams are at least willing to put aside hostilities at points (see the mentions of the various hangouts, as well as the current truce), most of the "villains" appear to be people working to make their particular slice of the city a little bit better, even if it means being a little less than legal. Of course, the literal Nazis are probably an exception, but even they're smart enough to tone poo poo down a hair to work towards a common goal.

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

Rorac posted:

:krad: gold dragon golem poo poo

It might be a while, because I haven't even gotten a group together for the campaign I want to run let alone have them be a decent enough level that this would be a fight and not just a straight massacre, but goddamn this is so super cool I'd be an idiot not to try and fit it in somewhere.

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

CobiWann posted:

A little teaser with how we advanced the overall campaign story arc in this week's Tanicus session...

Has Krowe been seen naked (or close enough) by the entire party at this point? There seems to be an awful lot of casual nudity going around, mostly involving Krowe.

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

CobiWann posted:

Adelaide was a Runechild.

You know, I don't remember if this has come up in an earlier recap or not, but I'm not recalling it offhand. What exactly is a Runechild? I take it from Typhomine's reaction that they're somewhat rare, but I don't believe you've mentioned them or their abilities before this.

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

CobiWann posted:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/20172582

My Tanicus GM is going to run this for us over the holiday break when we're done a bunch of players. :allears:

So like, Car Lesbians but with trash pandas? I can dig it.

Bad Seafood posted:

Never heard of Gumshoe. I'll look into it.

I'd love to run a Call of Cthulhu game but I don't have any of the materials on hand, and lack the experience to bumble my way through. I've only ever played twice, both one-shots. I've got a(nother) friend I can hit up for some assistance there though, so we'll see what comes of that.

There's also Dread, if anyone happens to have a spare Jenga tower with all the pieces laying around. While not quite specifically Lovecraftian, it's really fun with a group and an audience, because there's nothing like the collective holding of breath as someone needs to take 4 pieces from the already precarious tower that really steadies one's nerves. :rolleyes:

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

Jade Rider posted:

Our group pissed off a lich
Pro-Tip: Don't do that.

quote:

enough for him to unleash a loving Power Word: Kill on our paladin,
Power Word Kill is no loving joke. Out of curiosity, looking it up in my Rules Cyclopedia, back in the day they at least had the courtesy of not only allowing a save (albeit at -4, and only if you were a magic-user or a creature that could use magic-user spells), and it was 60 HP or less dies, 61-100 hp is stunned 1d4 rounds, and 101+ hp was unaffected. Nowadays, there's no save, and anything 100 hp or less just straight dies. Crazy to think that the newer editions have gotten more lethal with it.

quote:

after which our barbarian killed him with a crit. Holy poo poo.
Yeah, "killed" the lich for all of a week or so, before he shows back up after reforming from his phylactery and wants all of his stuff (that the party undoubtedly pillaged) back.

still, :golfclap:

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

Hobo By Design posted:

Kicked my first problem player. One of the PCs wanted to go north and investigate the death of their brother. They were mechanically outgrowing the premise of the game so far (a City Watch game), so we shifted into that. We did a timeskip and a big trek north to a new campaign region. Another of the players has real life issues (medical, psychological) and with the benefit of hindsight it's obvious it had been bleeding into his characters. A day after an unexpectedly hairy fight (that might have ended in a TPK.) I get :words: about how everything they did was wasted, they just weren't viable anymore, they had no idea how to contribute, and how I was personally responsible and dropped the ball, and they should just retire the character.

He played a half-orc brute fighter. The other party members were an Arcane Trickster and Battlemaster. He aggressively pursued any mechanical and financial advantage. His median damage outpaced the Battlemaster's max damage (GWM and superiority dice evened it out.) His AC was fine. I told him that if he couldn't figure out how to contribute, I believed him, and he just wasn't playing anymore. I could rant about the guy, as it was not the first red flag, but mostly I just feel sorry for him.

Okay: A week or two before retiring his fighter, in a different campaign (where I was a fellow player) we had an unexpectedly hairy fight that would have permakilled his character. Due to a lucky crit on a death save, my character (a mystic) revivified him. He went on a tirade about how much he hates being the healer. And after :words: he was wanting to retire his war cleric (that got Extra Attack and a goddamn belt of cloud giant strength due to GM fiat) and someone (passively aggressively referring to the long death monk) should have helped him sooner. What a whiny rear end in a top hat.

:sever:

Fighters have had the easiest ability to contribute to groups since like, the little brown books back in the 70s, even if it was stand around as a meatshield so other people don't get pasted. If he couldn't figure out how to do something to further the game without being a whiny oval office, good riddance.

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

Should've hit the lights in the room when the shades sucked the light in the basement. Make them poo poo bricks.

Even still, very well done. :golfclap: You sound like you've not only got a handle on the DMing thing, but a group that'd be more than happy to play along. Take a little bit, maybe look into running something a bit more involved after your current game is done.

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

Azran posted:

I guess this is sorta cat-piss

quote:

There are feats
Damage and to-hit formulas are done by him
insists on sticking to the game's values and effects
we are not meant to know what the other people in our party can do
Likewise, all enemy stats are also obfuscated.
He also said types were also hidden information, including enemy type.
how well we did on a 6-question exam about Pokemon lore
Critical Fumbles were A Thing, too.
sorta cat-piss

:wtc:

This sounds like that old Returners Final Fantasy RPG, in that someone took something that worked perfectly fine in a video game and tried to make it work without electronics, except they kept all the math that was able to be done by computers in milliseconds and have shoved it onto human players and dice-based methods and are hoping it works exactly the same.

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

:suspense:

Seriously, you need to post more and post faster. I'm loving every second of this, and really kinda wish I had people around a) interested enough in Star Wars to run pretty much any of the various SWRPGs, and b) even half as batshit crazy to pull off some of the insane poo poo your group is doing.

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

Agrikk posted:

Ospar’s Return

Minor nitpick, but you have

quote:

From Theldrick’s journal entry we gather up ropes and missile weapons, and I prepare enchanted rocks that glow as lights in the darkness to be used as lights in the darkness.

Seems kinda redundant, imo. Also, out of curiosity, who exactly are the player characters in this? I'm thinking it was Pepper and Snakeeyes (though it seems Snakeeyes' player missed a session or two early), Severance came in later, and Ospar's player was a super late pickup? Or are Chopper and Prather new additions to the party as well?

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

Agrikk posted:

“What are you doing?” asks Chopper. 

“You know and I know that something is coming out of this pool at some point.” 

:allears:

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

CobiWann posted:

We're Avengers-in-training - think Avengers Academy but done in the style of the early 90's so tons of jokes about pouches/shoulder pads/female posture/issue covers that lie/SO MUCH loving ANGST!
So, MSH meets B.L.O.O.D.P.O.U.C.H., huh?

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

CobiWann posted:

My DM didn’t know this was a thing.

He now knows this is a thing.

:unsmigghh:

You're very welcome, and also I'm sorry for what's to come.

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Ten bucks says that's the problem player sock puppeting.

That's a sucker's bet.

quote:

"I have been a DM for 5 years and have been in party run by a DM with ten years under his belt. I have witnessed sessions by DMs who have been going at it for at least 30 years or more as well, so I feel as though I have some authority to speak on the matter."
"My father, who has played D&D since a year after its creation,"
"Please keep in mind that his campaigns were 10 years long."
This alone smacks of "please suck my incredible nerdcock, of course i know more than you you filthy pleb." Is this some veiled way to try and make it so you don't just immediately discard the whole poo poo since you didn't even ask for this chode's opinion?

quote:

"Oh, you should have PVP, D&D is an ~-=*eXpErIeNcE*=-~"
gently caress outta here. It's entirely within reason to not want people at each other's throats all night. Besides, for all his bellyaching, Baracus still got on the drat plane. Having some in-character disagreements is fine, as long as you realize that you're playing with other people, and your enjoyment shouldn't come at the expense of someone else's.

The absolute worst part that stuck out to me, though, was this:

quote:

Most players, when they feel uncomfortable will not share this knowledge, and if they do they will not wish to announce it to the party. I have found the best way to deal with this is to let the session play out and invite the players to speak with you afterwards in private about what made them uncomfortable and then to not implement that in the future. Keep in mind though, using plot that makes a player or two uncomfortable or that they feel strongly about is a good way to pull players into the game. I do this sometimes as one of my specialties is “Lines of Morality”. By implementing the individual players’ lines of morality I can pull any of them into the story at any time. I can move the plot in whatever direction I choose. I could even steer the players away if need be. Times when players are uncomfortable are the times they will remember more.
To me, that reads as "gently caress your players' feelings", and yeah, no. If I have someone feeling uncomfortable to the point where it's effecting the game, they'll get pulled aside, I'll ask them privately if they'd rather I move on, and if so, we move the gently caress on. I wanna play and run a game where people are having fun, not some kind of weird torture-porn LARP where I'm secretly jacking it under the table.

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

Subjunctive posted:

Didn’t they have to cast Sleep every time? I was young, but that’s my recollection.

I was fairly young when the A-Team first came on, so I wanna say yes, but I really don't know off the top of my head.

Anyway, Kiddie Pool has a little blurb in the front of their book, that honestly, more books should have something like this.

Specifically, calling out "play to the genre of the game", "make a relevant character", and "don't be an rear end".

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

:justpost:
:posthaste:

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

MelvinBison posted:

I'm not expecting this game to be terrible, because the DM is competent,

quote:

E. I have now heard from my friend that "You're playing you, but with d&d powers."
LIES AND SLANDER

That out of the way, this is probably going to be both the worst game (because you're in the middle of this trainwreck with no idea what's going on) and also the best game (because you're probably going to have amazing stories for this thread).

Good luck. :v:

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

Lichtenstein posted:

I fed my usual group a steady diet of Shockmaster memes...

I went and watched a bunch of Lucha Underground to prep for GMing and I regret none of this.

:golfclap: Take some time, look up some CHIKARA and some other independent federations as well. There's a lot of neat stuff out there, if you wanna look for it.

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

Why waste time say big word when small word do trick

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

Exculpatrix posted:

Explosions. Explosions were what happened when he pulled that cable out. And this is why the party can't go back to Canada.

And nothing of value was lost. :v:

But yeah, it reminds me of the saying, something along the lines of "The DM always has plans up until it interacts with the players."

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

CobiWann posted:

According to my DM, there is no such spell as Power Word: Diggity.

Well yeah, you don't just have diggity. You either have no diggity, or an abundance of diggity, there's no in between.

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

quote:

NEXT TIME: All of it goes wrong
:golfclap:

Also, if it doesn't go completely rear end-over-teakettle, can you really say you were even playing a game at all?

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

Railing Kill posted:

I lapsed into a German accent to say:

:suspense:

OH gently caress

Did the other players know?

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

Holy gently caress.

:golfclap:

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

IcePhoenix posted:

I don't have a cool story or anything to go with it but today I got to do a 90 ft piledriver to a Hag

BUT DID YOU SPIN?

...asking for a friend.

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

CobiWann posted:

Awesome poo poo

While I do get that writing down everything that happens in your sessions is long and tedious, I remember reading through your recount of the Tanicus campaign that covered the rise of Az, and wish you'd have done the same for the later ones. In any case, your DM still seems to go hard on the minis, to great effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

Cooked Auto posted:

Okay, now that one I feel requires some elaboration.

The Persuasion check is to make you think the caster was never there, like a modern magician.