Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Atticus_1354 posted:

Now chop it all up and put it in a tortilla with some salsa.

I made beef rib roast for Christmas and that was one of the uses for the leftovers, delicious steak quesadilla

I'm putting a nice big pork shoulder on the smoker tonight for yummy pulled pork New Years feast tomorrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Internet Explorer posted:

Give yourself way more time than you think. It could be 18 hours. Easier to wrap it and keep it warm in a cooler for a few hours than to speed it up.

This has been my best and hardest lesson to learn. I have improved my smokes (and anxiety) by giving myself more time and offloading to a cooler

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

Smoked ribeyes came out bangin

Looking very a good

Should have taken a picture but smoked thick bone-in pork chops yesterday that I'd dry brined 48hrs and the hard seared it

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

T-Square posted:

WELP stopped in the grocery store on lunch to get some 00 Flour for pizza tonight, and they had BOGO bone-in pork butts so I guess I got some smoking and vacuum sealing to do this weekend!

It is always great to find a deal unexpectedly, just makes the whole day better

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Dango Bango posted:

My Fry's had butts on sale for $0.99/lb the other day. Which is annoying because I've had too much pulled pork lately and no freezer space for it.

Harris Teeter here in NC had pork shoulder at that same price and I am going to smoke that up for pulled pork on Friday. Going to miss super cheap pork when we move out-of-state in a few weeks.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/FlatheadBeacon/status/1662495628604346369?s=20

Alright, which one of you did this?

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Well...how was it? Don't leave us hanging

In personal news, we just moved back to a house and cannot wait to break out the smoker next weekend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

So for the first time since last May, we are finally in a house again and my smoker is out of storage. We made a Costco run today and I picked up a 6.5lb brisket to try for tomorrow. I've only ever done pork shoulder, chicken, beef shoulder, or ribs before so did not want to try a whole brisket for the first time.

I've got it in the fridge dry brining right now and plan to just do a simple salt and pepper rub tomorrow. From what I've read, I should budget about 1.5hr/lb and get it to around 195-200*F.

Anyone have any other tips or tricks to pass along, I would appreciate it