Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

Cojawfee posted:

I might just be retarded, but what happened to the Project Cars thread? I can't find it at all.

No one has really posted in it in a while:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3442852

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

Game Stock Car 2013 is out, I've been following a sim racing guy Empty Box on YouTube and he heavily recommends it as "if you can only have one, get this". I'll give it a whirl once it finishes downloading and write up a trip report.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

An Enormous Boner posted:

What games simulate brake temps, anyway? LFS, rFactor, rFactor 2 (?), NetKar (I think), probably iRacing...

Maybe a better question would be which sims don't.

Game Stock Car 2013 might, there's a display to show brake temps but haven't really tested it to see if it's a "just for fun" display or the real deal.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

Going to put on headphones and race around in that MP4-12C all day.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

Is there an Assetto Corsa update tomorrow or is that next week?

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

Joined the group as well, I think I own all the Race stuff, as well as Assetto Corsa, Game Stock Car 2013, GT Legends, GTR1 and 2.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

Took apart and cleaned and lubed up my Clubsport pedals and made them ready for reverse-mount. Now I just need to make a mount. Anyone else try this and make their own that can provide some tips, hints, possibly something that can be done with either wood or metal?

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

Been doing a 2008 WTCC Championship Race in Rac07 and found myself getting into it pretty heavily. I'm using mouse steering while I start putting together my racing rig, but even with that its tons of fun.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

You can pay soooo much less for an actual steering wheel and rig it up yourself. 350 bucks for a wheel with no buttons? Fanatec is letting some sponsorships go to their head.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

What's the deal with the MP for AC? I get in for the "Booking" and then just wait for the race to start? Is it a lot like iRacing?

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

Wow, that's actually a great idea. I wonder what the cost is though, and BUILD QUALITY.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

How do mods work with AC? Is there a certain process to doing it or just as simple as putting files in a folder?

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

Yeah, my clubsports are starting to show abuse. The rotating bolt on the brake where the sensor is (which has that stupid little screw despite there not being any groove for it on the bolt) is having trouble staying in, and keeps trying to pop out, causing the brake pedal to "click".

Any solutions that don't involve me buying V2s?

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

Moxie Omen posted:

You can set the boost settings with the 1 through 0 keys. It's at 60% by default.

I learn something new everyday. I can only imagine what that car is like at full boost.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

Anyone looking to buy a steering wheel? I got a Logitech MOMO that's collecting dust if anyone is interested. I know its not a G27 but if you're looking to just start or have a kid brother that you don't want gropin' your wheels, its good.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

Any one have luck with fixing CLubsport V1s? My gas and clutch spike and never return to 0 percent so I think it's a potentiometer issue. I'm tempted to gut the whole thing and put custom work in it but never sure what to do.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

Well tightened everything and that solved most of my troubles! Thanks for the suggestions.

However my Porsche GT2 wheel is acting up. In iRacing, midway into a turn, the wheel will lose FFB and default the steering position back straight in-game, while my wheel is still turned in reality. Thoughts? It does connect/reconnect noise a lot from time to time.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

Ziploc posted:

It could be the code wheel going out and sending false signals to cause the wheel to just say gently caress it and reboot.

I think it might be that, when the issue happens, there's no connect/reconnect noise, and the display info on the wheel (iRacing will display shift numbers) will stay frozen. I'm tempted to take it apart and re-check/tighten poo poo in it/

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

I asked in the iRacing thread so I figured I'd ask here. I got the Porsche GT2 wheel and shifters, the silver-handled ones. They're very clicky which is nice, but LOUD. Anyone try anything to quiet them? Or are there shifters on the market that aren't so loud?

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

Chiming in to say that Game Stock Car is a great game. Great tracks and good physics.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

GSC is fun for its track variety and how much more normal the AI is compared to other games. I need to finish assigning buttons in it because I hate it when my car stalls out and it says to either disengage the clutch or put it in N. The clutch method never works so maybe I need some assignment trickery.

They have improved the sounds in the Steam version and added those nice karts and DP style cars which are a blast. Too bad there's not a lot of active servers because it's a lot of fun.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

Race room is good? I thought it was bad and berift of any quality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

They literally watch NASCAR, see the fights and the drama, and expect it and want it so bad in every oval race.

I've only done a small amount of oval racing and my time there cemented me staying with Road Courses only. Heck in one road race I commented about my pace being a bit off and in a flash people were saying "check out my setup!!"

• Locked thread