Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

real_scud posted:

The sad thing is, the LFS tire-model is just about the best drat tire model in any game. If they kept updating it it could've gotten even more popular cause it does MP racing so goddamned well.

I miss LFS. It was such a flexible sim. You could cover so many sims with just LFS.

MP was really good too. They could pump so much life into the game if they let the community make custom tracks. Keep the cars locked down and just let the community make 'maps'.

They planned on opening up tracks to the community after S3. But gently caress that ain't ever happening.

I still dream of driving the 'ring with like 30 other cars ranging from hatches, to caterhams, to open wheeled, to touring cars. I'm sad now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

headfake posted:

Is there any trick to getting the force feedback to work in LFS w/ a G27 wheel? I have every other sim in the world working fine, but this one won't. FFB just turns off completely as soon as I start the game. I'm wondering if it's sending it to the wrong controller (I have CSR Elite pedals, and also an Xbox controller, although I also tried rebooting with neither of those plugged in, only the wheel).

There is one way to get it to work--unplug and replug the wheel with the game already running. Problem is, that also resets the wheel to 200deg rotation. If I alt-tab out to the Logitech Profiler, it will fix the rotation but the FFB disappears again.

I've never heard of this before. LFS has always played file with Logitech wheels as far as I've seen. Have you tried the LFS forums?

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Cojawfee posted:

Owning netkar pro gets you the assetto corsa alpha.

Which is the only reason I have it at the moment. I should see if NetKar is any good.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

CaseFace McGee posted:

I wish I had gotten into PC racing early enough to get into the pCARS beta... it looks like a great change of pace from rFactor 2 and Race07.

Have you put any time into Live For Speed?

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
The object placer is pretty fun too. :getin:

I miss stunt servers that had the most ridiculous layouts and full field races. Coming up with a setup that survived 3 laps of high speed jumps and still be somewhat controllable was loving FUN.

EDIT:

I so miss this retarded poo poo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2riOHhnmbc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ICpRggZKRt4#t=45

Ziploc fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Aug 21, 2013

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
Dear god yes.

I lost many hours just to a silly Lotus/Track for the alpha. All over this.

EDIT: PROPER HAND OVER HAND MOTIONS. SO IN.

Ziploc fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Nov 8, 2013

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

I said come in! posted:

How does Asseto Corsa play on controllers? For those of us who can't use racing wheels anymore, which feels like having a disability. :(

There was a xbox360 tab in the control menus.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Combat Pretzel posted:

Weird game, not sure what to think of its physics.

The physics are pretty alright. The FFB feels more alive somehow. I find it odd how the physics kind of turn off when the car stops.

Fun to mess around with.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Fayez Butts posted:

poo poo, Assetto Corsa features the classic Monza circuit with this crazy banked turn:

I don't think this config is in the game right now.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
Am I crazy? Or is H pattern broken for all the cars?

It worked in the alpha damnit.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Cojawfee posted:

Works fine for me. Did you set it up properly?

I assigned all the buttons and put it into pro-mode.

No idea what else I need to do.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

deebo posted:

There is a checkbox above the shifter assignment you need to tick.

The 'Use Separate Shifter'?

That doesn't make sense since my shifter is not separate from my wheel. But I'll try it.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Cojawfee posted:

There's a few BMWs available like the E30, the E92 M3 and a Z4 gt3 or something. There is the 458 italia, Lotus 49. A modern lotus car and some others. The only thing keeping me from playing right now is the tracks kind of suck. Silverstone is boring. I'm waiting for Spa and Mugello.

If your going to buy eventually, why not buy now at the lower price?

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
gently caress you for making me want to spend way to much money updating my setup.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
Ho boy. DRIFT TIME.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Drunk Badger posted:

I grew up playing Gran Turismo, but this is my first jump into PC racing. I'm thinking rF2 might be a better step for now but wanted to see what I could expect when I jump into iRacing

Try Live For Speed? The demo should give you a good taste of PC rrrrrracing. It's even online!

I booted it up the other day. Still feels great. More people should play it.

I think it would take a good while to get bored of. Since it has nearly every type of car, every type of track, track item placement for custom layouts, and fantastic online code.

And you can burn out your clutch, flatspot and pop your tires!

EDIT: And the black friday teaser at fanatec is hinting at a rig. LAME. I wanted the two for one rim deal with the club sport. :(

Ziploc fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Nov 29, 2013

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Cojawfee posted:

You are super obsessed with live for speed.

Cause it's good dangit. Really good.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
I'm always irked by Assetto Corsa when I spin out and when the car reaches 0mph, the physics turn off and no suspension rebound happens. It's... weird.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Brownie posted:

You can also push cars over the limit quite a bit without spinning out, which is great and reminds me of LFS (like others have said).

I think this is normal when you start messing with sims that try to simulate street tires on street cars. They're meant to have soft limits that you can play around with.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
I find I can get a better feel of the car through the cockpit movements. And it's realistic to see at least some resemblance of a gauge pod hood.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
I want this guys setup so bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-IChA-NIeY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFutO8GzWXk

The wheel BASE alone is like over 4000$. But the performance looks so good. He claims that it's 8x as powerful as a G27. I wouldn't mind his pedal setup either. Load cell able to be set to read 250lbs of pressure? Yes please.

I don't care that the rig is made out of wood. That wheel looks fantastic. Too bad it's almost 5x the price of a Fanatec. :(

I want to upgrade my G25. If LFS and iRacing are to be believed, I've logged at least 60,000miles of racing in my G25. And that is only counting online...

I'd love to upgrade. But to move away from the G25, I want a substantial upgrade.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
I didn't see anyone post about this in games.

Not really a sim, but god it's fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SvRZpykS6s

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
I can't remember if I mentioned this here.

I started racing with a new league in iRacing. Good clean racing. Healthy fields and good competition. Every race is streamed on Twitch as well. I wouldn't mind seeing some more people out. It's great fun. Standing starts, rolling starts, sprints, enduros, races with/without pits. Decent variety and 3 series to choose from. I'm running the V8 series and the Ruf series. (Mondays and every other Thursday respectively.)

http://grasim.us/

Come race!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Hy8uLHdZrU&t=947s

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
Why hasn't there been an update from those assholes at SimXPerience? They said they were going to announce a more budget friendly Leo Bodnar wheel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b63BHDjqg8g

Ziploc fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Feb 19, 2014

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
rFactor is the Linux of driving sims.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Driver is just taking a nap.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
You guys have heard about the Accuforce wheel coming out right?

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
I had the best worst idea the other day.

Mario Kart tracks in Assetto Corsa. (or any sim for that matter)

Rainbow Road 64 would be amaaaaaaazing.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

GutBomb posted:

I would love that but the commenters on racedepartment would rip it to shreds. Even the remakes of the gran turismo tracks like trial mountain get comments like "this is arcade, does not belong in a serious sim like AC"

I want tracks that are dangerous to drive on. Anyone got anything for Assetto? Something with lots of elevation changes.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

OhsH posted:

Joux plains if you can find it, nurburgring of course, and id say give dorifto mountain a shot.

If those are the best suggestions then I'm sad. Because I've already played the poo poo out off all three.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
I really hope the netcode in Assetto gets better.

Netcode from LFS 10 years ago is still really really really good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIUHaPGFfhY

Look at this poo poo. All online. No mods. (apart from a shader) Insane fields. Minimal jitter. And the cars still move around in such a way that you can read what's about to happen. Pickup races in LFS used to be amazing. I wonder if you can still find fields like that online.

God I love that game.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
If they have insane torque, why do they still have mechanical lock stops?

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
I asked for that poo poo on the forums. I can't believe someone delivered.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
Accuforce or bust.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
Are Clubsport Pedal V2s still the midlevel sweet spot? I'm pretty impressed with what I've read for the price point. I've started building my sim rig.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
Did they fix the rod flexing?

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
Yellowbird? Nordsheilfe? NEW CRAPPY SIM RIG FINISHED?

The stars have aligned.

(Crossposted)

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Essobie posted:

I was just about to install RBR and try to get all of the crazy mods working with it today and failed miserably (and the website that hosts the mod patches seems to not want to let me get them anyway). I think I'd rather play something that came out in the last couple of years for a Rally fix. I hope you aren't steering me wrong here! :haw:

I tried to do the same thing two days ago. Was basically looking for widescreen support.

I miss RBR something fierce.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
It's pretty easy to get input lag in RBR I've found.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
So will existing customers get a steam version?

I finally set some proper FOV settings in my sims last night. But that meant not being able to see the dash through the wheel anymore. Enter Nexus4, a piece of steel, and some velcro.

• Locked thread