Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

New Years Resolutions suck. Let's toss these weary bones to the grinder.

Name: SquidRadio

Specialties: News and narration, looking to get into voice acting. I honestly don't know my specialties yet, so I want to learn.

Tindeck: http://tindeck.com/users/SquidRadio

Portfolio: None Yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

The Joe Man posted:

Saw this (and listened) a long time ago and forgot/been busy. Added to the main list.

You want critiques on how to improve? Start with this:

--------------------
Summerset Hills

Getting that promotion at work must feel good. Why not celebrate moving up by moving to Summerset Hills? The neighborhoods of Summerset Hills are now entering into their third phase of building!

Choose from dozens of single-family homes on pie shaped lots tucked away on Lilies Fair Court, perfect for young families and parents who want a safe and secluded street on which to raise their kids. With homes selling quickly, you’d better act now so that you can move into your dream home before the first snowfall!

Open houses are being held every Saturday and Sunday from 12 until 4. To learn more about the Summerset community, visit our website online or call 555-3125. Summerset Hills: move in today and stay for a lifetime.

--------------------

Also, resave & reupload those files as .mp3s. Don't use .wavs, at least not for tindeck.

Advice followed, files edited and re-uploaded, and voice complete. Thanks for the tips and for the advice.

Summerset Hills voice - http://tindeck.com/listen/auhbp

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

I get a very '1950's vision of space' vibe from it. Very nicely done.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

The Joe Man posted:

J.A.B.C., I'll try to critique your read as soon as I can. As mentioned, I've been extremely busy and doing an in-depth critique like the old days usually takes about 20-30mins. I'll definitely get to it but apologies for the delay.

Take your time, man. I've been busy getting ready for an overseas mission, so my chances to record stuff in the near future will probably be slim. I'd still love to do it, though!

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

blinkeve1826 posted:

Yay! I can finally share something I've been working on!

I mentioned a little while back that I had the opportunity to cast and direct an anime series a few weeks ago. What I don't think I mentioned is that I also got to play one of the main characters! I just put a clip up on my website of my scenes in Media Blasters' dub of the anime series Holy Knight, in which I play Chizuru Makimura, the best friend/sort-of-kind-of love interest of the male protagonist. Fun fact #1: Opposite me in the second of the two scenes in that clip is Michele Knotz, who is currently the voice of Jessie (from Team Rocket) on Pokémon.

Also pretty cool is that we got to cast a number of my current and former VO students in the series! I put together a short compilation of clips featuring them as well. Fun fact #2: Michael A. Zekas (Cliff) and Devon Talbott (Plum) voiced Lord Nengorth and Lord Ovengel, respectively, in the game TheJoeMan cast last year, Lords of Xulima. They give some of my favorite performances in this series. :3:

Fun fact #3: This was my anime debut, fulfilling a dream of mine I've had since high school. :3: :3: :3:

My jealousy cannot be measured by current standards. It is, indeed, a jealously heretofore unknown to reality.

In all seriousness, great job. Haven't seen the series yet, so I might have something new to watch.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

blinkeve1826 posted:

Gotta make this quick as I'm swamped with this, BUT I'm casting an awesommmmmme video game and you are all invited to audition for it!

Details are all here: http://www.listentomelanie.com/casting/norsenoir/

The only thing you should change is preceding the subject line of your email submission with SA USERNAME SAUSERNAME (yes, in all caps--i.e. SA USERNAME BLINKEVE1826) so I know where you're coming from and your submission doesn't get overlooked.

Good luck, goons!

I am all over this kind of thing!

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Hey, thread! It's been a while.

So, quick question. What is the consensus on Casting Call Club? Is it worth it to check out, or should I look somewhere else for VA opportunities?

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

I really should read this thread more. Missed both sunday schools.

Also, should I re-record my Summerset Hills Demo?

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

First time I've used my Yeti since Christmas

Summerset Hills Audition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Been a while since I posted. I'm glad to say that I think I am improving.

Though right now I've been in a lull because my current job has been really stressful lately, but I did get a part in a game jam VN a few months back. Which, to be honest, was a heck of a rush. I got to work with someone that I admire greatly, and I am going to audition for another role they posted recently.

I enjoy what I've done, and I want to do more. Been looking at stuff on CCC and VAC Discord for a bit now, but I might hold off until next year when I move back to the states and get a house in Kansas. Then I can work on making a proper setup with an XLR mic and a space that isn't stuffed with supplies.