Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Syrinxx posted:

32GB 9.7" HP Touchpad is $219 today on Woot. There's an early build of CM7CM9/ICS for this tablet I think so it's a pretty great deal.

CM9 is working pretty well, but there are a lot of missing hardware drivers that would make it not so great. The biggest being the forward camera/mic so no skype and hardware video (no HD YouTube, Netflix).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
Are there any good calendar apps that do timelines for tablets?
I like to use PureGrid Calendar on my phone, but on the HPTouchPad (with CM9alpha), it looks like rear end on the ones that I've tried.. That or too small to be useful.

Like this, but nice and easy to read on the large screen.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
Is there a known issue with bluetooth on the Nexus7 (stock)?
I use it as a pandora player mostly. The bluetooth rarely even disconnects from the speaker that I have, but it seems that after about a day I will have to turn it off/on. The audio becomes very stuttery until I have it reconnect to the speaker.

Is this just because of google? Would putting CM on the 7 fix the bluetooth sound? I've been using a HP TouchPad with CM9 for the past year for the same thing and it never had this issue.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Maker Of Shoes posted:

4.2.1 has known BT problems. 4.2.2 is in the pipeline (probably around I/O) and we're hoping BT fixes are on the way.

Did CM fix, or at least make BT any better? Or do we have to wait and hope?

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Turd Nelson posted:

ohmygodohmygodohmygod it works now I love you!

The secret is that they ship them with dead as gently caress batteries...

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Splizwarf posted:

I used to be that guy. Then I got five USB OTG cables for $1.25 and a $5.00 microSD reader and stopped being that guy.

I'm too lazy to read up on this. How do I become this guy? Do I have to root?

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Ixian posted:

No, there's an app on the Google Play store - Nexus Media Importer (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.homeysoft.nexususb.importer&hl=en) - for $2.99 that works without root and is very popular. There are a couple free solutions like Stickmount but those do require root.

Either way, it was my go-to movie storage method until I got the TF700 with dock which supports USB hard drives in addition to other media.

Cool, thanks. I saw the importer apps, but they are all fairly expensive to just randomly give a shot. I'll try this one out.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

TheModernAmerican posted:

I just got a Nexus 7, and the only thing I'm unsure of so far is the circle menu that pops up from the bottom side. It only has the Google app on it and I have no idea how to add other things to it. Is it supposed to be a dedicated Google Circle or what?

That is the google now search of awesomeness, and that is all it is/can be used for.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
I like having the android manager on my nexus 7 so if I forget it somewhere etc, I have a chance of getting it back. BUT, I don't like that it shows up in my https://www.google.com/locationhistory/ because I leave it at home 90% of the time. Do I have an option between the 2? Is it just the one location reporting option?

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

This is to enable the feature altogether, not per device. I just want to get the tablet removed from map history while still having it in the android device manager.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Geektox posted:

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, that's exactly what it does. That setting is only to turn off recording your location history, but doesn't disable locating your device via device manager.

I just set it to "Disable" and I can use Android Device Manager just fine.

e: unless you mean you also have a phone or something that you want to keep location history for?

poo poo. Sorry yes. I've got a Droid Maxx that I thought I mentioned.

So I want to keep location history for the phone, and not the tablet. But keep android device manager on both.