Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cragz
Jun 16, 2005
Too orangey for crows!

RVProfootballer posted:

I think this was luck of the draw for you. I got one from Staples a week ago and the screen was noticeably bad in a 2" stretch on one side. It wasn't really the screen lifting at all, but if I put any pressure on the screen there it would cave in slightly. The annoying part was I checked it when I got it and it seemed fine, so I think even light use for a day or two can bring out the screen problems. When I returned it and told him why, the Staples guy said "yeah, we've gotten some returns for that issue."

Much the same with a purchase from Walmart during a trip to the States two weeks ago. Grabbed a replacement from the same store before my holiday ended and it's absolutely fine. Definitely luck of the draw, still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cragz
Jun 16, 2005
Too orangey for crows!

General_Failure posted:

If you can get away with it, why not? 16Gb can get very tight very fast if you like games.

Damnit! I'm kinda hoping this is a wild rumour and nothing else as there's no way I can return mine now without crossing the Atlantic. I'm already way past the point I'd be at capacity with all my purchases installed.

Cragz
Jun 16, 2005
Too orangey for crows!

randyest posted:

How long should I wait for that one to go on clearance do you think? I want to grab one for emulators and such but I don't want to get screwed of course.

The 8GB will be going on clearance as soon as the 32GB hits, at least in Staples (US). There have been numerous leaks of their staff instructions and display cases.

If you're asking about the 32GB though, 3G or not, you're in for a fair wait.

Cragz
Jun 16, 2005
Too orangey for crows!
Yeah I'd probably class 6 months as a fair wait if it's something you want right now. Perhaps I'm just impatient.

Cragz
Jun 16, 2005
Too orangey for crows!

Zero VGS posted:

Ah, yikes. Don't they try to catch you and slap you with VAT if they see you coming back with electronics you didn't declare to customs? Or are they not that observant?

Posting from a Nexus 7 purchased in the States. Device came back in my hand luggage (and indeed used on the plane), box in the hold. Not an eyelid was batted.