Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Goddamn, the turkey's wings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

lol I watched this movie on Thanksgiving with friends one year highly recommend

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1129441/

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/Blair_Hoyle/status/1778783045073432979?t=jeXwEHK6S4kZCsSH5BCVnA&s=19

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Feel like that matches the vibe of it pretty good?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

lmao twitter cutoff made me think the nurse had a big fat cock & balls

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Carthag Tuek posted:

lmao twitter cutoff made me think the nurse had a big fat cock & balls

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

calmtravolta.jpg

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Hey! I know drug real from real real!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Kevin Smith is coming down to Winnipeg this year to speak about that movie and this documentary. Apparently we really love this movie? I've never seen it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-g4Ylv9UP1U

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Apr 16, 2024

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Yeah the film did really well in Winnipeg for some reason when it came out, and they've had Phantom Fests for years.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Vintersorg posted:

Kevin Smith is coming down to Winnipeg this year to speak about that movie and this documentary. Apparently we really love this movie? I've never seen it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-g4Ylv9UP1U

Lol I was listening to the soundtrack for this on the way into work today.

The movie rules, one of my fav rewatches every October.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Was gonna say, if you can get past the fact that it's a 70s rock opera, it's kind of amazing. If you can't, well, understandable.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Phantom rules, Rocky Horror drools. :colbert:

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
paul williams owns

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
And that's the hell of it

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
It's an incredibly stylish movie too, like Carrie and Dressed to Kill. It's got a great splitscreen sequence. I also love the weird German Expressionist looking musical number the Juicy Fruits do near the end. Heck all the songs are great, even the ones that are supposed to sound "bad".

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

It's my favorite De Palma movie by a wide margin

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

It's my favorite De Palma movie by a wide margin

Some of his best usage of his split screen style

Zechariah
Mar 20, 2020

There is a road, no simple highway
Between the dawn and the dark of night
I just added this one to my collection.

Vintersorg posted:

Wikipedia posted:

Release

Phantom of the Paradise opened at the National theater in Los Angeles[7] on October 31, 1974, and grossed $18,455 in its first weekend, increasing its gross the following weekend with $19,506,[8] with a total gross of $53,000 in two weeks.[7] In two months, Variety tracked it grossing $250,000 from the major markets it covered.[9] The film was successful during its theatrical release in Winnipeg, Manitoba,[10] where it opened on Boxing Day 1974 and played continuously in local cinemas over four months and over one year non-continuously until 1976.[11] The soundtrack album sold 20,000 copies in Winnipeg alone, and was certified Gold in Canada.[10] The film played occasionally in Winnipeg theaters in the 1990s and at the Winnipeg IMAX theater in 2000, drawing a "dedicated audience".[11]

Williams performed the song "The Hell of It" on a 1977 episode of The Brady Bunch Hour, and also performed it in The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew Meet Dracula the same year.

What

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKZ2p5tB6y4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fV7sd6LlNGA&t=442s
Bonus Halloween III skull mask, 5 years ahead of its time.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I'm gonna give that movie a shot now I think. And if it's as good as other Winnipeggers think I'll buy tickets for the doc showing.

I loved Paul Williams when he did a guest spot with Daft Punk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Gkhol2Q1og
E: Someone who's seen the movie - is the distorted voice the Phantom? Around 1:15

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Apr 17, 2024

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://x.com/quasimaddi/status/1780439380751950293

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

nice

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Civil War’s poster campaign is currently getting dragged for using AI generated images of inaccurate US cityscapes.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

ruddiger posted:

Civil War’s poster campaign is currently getting dragged for using AI generated images of inaccurate US cityscapes.

Taking public domain pictures of real US city skylines and doing a lazy photoshop job where you knock down a couple buildings and add fire, and then distribute them by region so every theater has a post of the city it's in on fire would be such an easy marketing layup.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

They called it The Battle of Bakersfield

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

ruddiger posted:

Not surprising at all and you're going to see a lot of it soon.

I hate AI but also can you blame them when certain buildings have ridiculous rules against using them in print?

We couldn't put the Sydney Opera House in anything even though Fall Guy filmed there. It's kind of hilarious

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
I can blame them pretty easy
They shouldn’t do it

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

ruddiger posted:

Good. gently caress em. Only poster I saw in the wild (:canada:) was the Statue of Liberty torch one, which was perfectly fine and didn't need anything more.

Although from all indications, the marketing department for this movie is working overtime. Like A24 tweeted out a map of the various factions last week ahead of the opening, which is something that literally doesn't need to exist. If it was important to the story, it would be shown in the drat movie!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Sounds like they should just find new solutions that work around those limitations

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
https://x.com/underthefan119/status/1780909959380701425

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Rules against building use are dumb. Hey, this giant structure that everybody can just see with their lookenpeepers, that defines the public skyline of a city of millions, that's OURS. Okay, no, we didn't design it or build it, but we did pay a lot of money for an NFT that says we own the light bouncing off of it. Pay up.

Gertrude Perkins
May 1, 2010

Gun Snake

dont talk to gun snake

Drops: human teeth
It is very silly but it does lead to some interesting compromises. In games like Watch_Dogs and the Spider-Man series, major buildings of Chicago/NYC being left out or replaced with equivalents.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

But don't worry, they still got Da Bean, baby

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
And yet Rhythm Heaven gets to use the World Trade Centre; shame.

(I would love to see someone drag those ridiculous copyright claims through court, like the Opera House, Peter Pan, Albert Einstein, Mother Theresa's outfit, museums claiming ownership of David or Starry Night, etc.)

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Why is the bean in Chicago instead of Boston?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Why is the bean in Chicago instead of Boston?

Chicago is the City of Brotherly Beans.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Would it still be perfect if it was aligned correctly? (Probably)

For those that don't know or always suspected, the Batman logo is usually off angle slightly.

I'm not really sure how to best show but:

This image is 960 pixels wide, I made pixel line 480 red.

When it hits the tail you can tell its off a little bit.

And on the head its roughly 32 pixels of space on the left and 52 on the right.

So the Batman logo is a degree or two rotated clockwise?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Look the poster was made and printed way back in the 90s. Sometimes back in those days the wood blocks in the press would shift a bit between each page when you were reapplying the ink to them.