Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Carthag posted:

Girls at Arms
Ernest Borgnine seems pretty happy there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Carthag posted:

Also those Drucker & Davis posters are great.
When I was developing my drawing style back in my teens, they were two artists I shamelessly ripped off was inspired by. Kind of funny that Drucker would draw the poster for a George Lucas movie, then a few years later do the MAD parodies of some other George Lucas movies. Hey, maybe he'll draw 'Red Fails'!

BTW, in that comic book-style Red Tails poster, the pilot looks like he's shooting bullets out of his eyes and smashing his own windscreen.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Jedit posted:

My God, Drucker's still alive and drawing? I thought he was long gone.
Still alive, and while I don't know if he's doing regular work for MAD, he's still drawing as far as I can tell.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Xenophon posted:

Was looking to see if The Hunt for Red October had 5.1 sound, I have the old DVD:

Here's the new cover:

Blugh, it looks like a direct-to-DVD movie now
What. The. gently caress?

An instantly recognisable, arguably iconic poster, and they replace it with that?

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Robert Denby posted:

Nothing much to say except, holy poo poo is that a bad poster.
Is there a 'flying sparks' plugin for Photoshop or something? Because it keeps popping up - didn't the Red Tails poster use it as well?

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Bimmi posted:

Jesus, I had no idea Martin Campbell had been directing for so long (1975). And it wasn't even his first film!

Still, going from lovely 1970s British sex comedies to Bond is pretty good career advancement.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Early Bonds were basically sex comedies anyway.
Nah, they didn't star Robin Askwith or Christopher Biggins.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Perestroika posted:

I'm pretty sure that there was never a single helicopter in the entire movie.
I'll have to dig out that DVD cover for Largo Winch: Deadly Revenge I posted in the old thread, which featured a helicopter gunship, an F-16 and an exploding skyscraper. Guess how many of those things appeared in the movie. Duh

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Desperado Bones posted:

I stole this from the Drive thread. I know it's fan made, but dear god...it deserves a special place here.

So this film includes Odo, Lex Luthor and Rondo Hatton?

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Shanty posted:

You're not kidding, I thought "Mort Drucker" the second I saw it. Okay so it was one of their other dudes but STILL.
I knew it was a Jack Davis picture even at thumbnail size just from the way he draws feet.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
I saw Die Hard 2 the day before I took my first ever transatlantic flight to the States. :gonk:

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Has anyone ever put the whole of the Galt speech into screenplay format, to see how it works out with the "one page of script = one minute of screentime" rule? I think in the novel it's something like 40,000 words long, which when you consider that a typical novel is 90-100k words is just ridiculous bloviation.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
What, no Judge Cal? Just think of the fun you could have with an insane absolute dictator, an 18 certificate and a black sense of humour. And you'd have the world's biggest :smith: from Aaron A Aardvark when Cal sentences the entire city to death, in alphabetical order.

EDIT: just realised that the UK poster for Dredd has him in a more or less identical pose to the iconic splash page from 'America', where he's standing with his boot on the bloodied body of a person draped in the stars and stripes and the caption "Justice has a price. The price is freedom."

Small Strange Bird fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Aug 11, 2012

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Civilisation has collapsed, zombies are everywhere... and Ada's still wearing a cocktail dress and high heels.

So it's being true to the games, then. :v:

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Jesus, in the timg version of that first poster, Jovovich looks like a cel-shaded character from Fear Effect.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Cleretic posted:

It may be too soon, but I fully expect Zombie Osama to be a thing in a few decades when someone makes a throwback to late-00s-early-10s cinema.
It's a thing now - that's a real movie, not a Photoshop. I saw it in the supermarket a few weeks ago and went all :stare: for a moment.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Ez posted:

I just can't wrap my mind around how those arms and hands work. Also Andy Milonakis is still alive, who knew?
Any one of those people could be top-billed Jason Mewes, even the baby. It's impossible to tell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Dillbag posted:

Like Rob Bottin, a lot of the good ones burn out fast under the insane demands of Hollywood films. We still have Alec Gillis, but he seems more interested in acting these days.
I read somewhere that Rob Bottin quit the business and went into real estate, which is both a tragedy and a travesty. The Thing prequel was desperately short of the sheer grotesque madness of the Carpenter film's effects.