Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

K. Waste posted:

I definitely need to watch it again. Refresh my memory, when did he off the kid?

NVM: It's when they break into the suburban home and smother him. (Which Benoit didn't want to do, but the filmmakers tell him that's what they want. I love the extent to which it's uncertain how much of Benoit's life is his own and how much is just the filmmakers encouraging him.)

I read this post out of context and immediately thought of how wrong you are because of Wikipedia - Chris Benoit double-murder and suicide

I'm an idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

ShufflerZero posted:

66: The Worst Nightmares
The posters for the A Nightmare on Elm Street series are generally pretty great, but there are exceptions...

the 'Holding In A Sneeze' version

Japan

The first one got the image from the batshit NES game cover.

The second one is loving adorable.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Just once I'd like them to make this movie with someone who's actually fat.

Studio Executive: "Melissa McCarthy could totally play a high school student!"

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

M42 posted:

I'm the stone nipple

If I had a nickel for every time you've said that...

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Jedit posted:

I thought the robot was in Rocky V.

No, the robot was in Rocky IV. Burt Young was frightened until he reprogrammed it with a woman's voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgEH95t6m34

Rocky V was the one where Rocky ended up bankrupt and somehow everyone had to go back to their old jobs from fifteen years ago.

Pope Corky the IX fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Dec 25, 2014

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

My friends and I admired the VHS cover for The Boogens for years before we finally rented it. Trust me, the best part of that movie is whatever they put on the posters.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Agent Dale Cooper, returned from beyond, is tasked with solving his most bizarre case yet. Needing all the help he can get, Agent Dale Cooper calls on his team of special helpers.

Leave it to Lynch and Frost to actually have Fred Armisen and Carrie Brownstein show up, but either in a completely benign or a completely hosed up way.

EDIT:

Gonz posted:

For those who have not yet experienced said scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdvO0tmNjGo

This is still one of the most insane things I've ever seen. I really wish there would be an interview with someone, anyone, that worked on this movie simply to ask them "What the gently caress?"

Pope Corky the IX fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Jan 17, 2015

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Bud also seemed like a parody of Bub from Day of the Dead.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
But didn't he tell Gorbachev to tear down the Berlin Wall and he did?

Reminder that Ronnie was making GBS threads his pajamas and forgetting Nancy's name by the end of his second term.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Lady Naga posted:

A film about John Landis finally snapping and gunning his critics down?

Blaming almost thirty years of cinematic poo poo on the fact that he was at least partly responsible for the deaths of three people, including two children? That sounds interesting as hell.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
It's amazing how well that movie turned out considering you had Brando and Norton on the same set during their biggest "I'm a legendary douchebag" phases. I feel bad for Frank and Bobby.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Nckdictator posted:

Have some random stuff.

I thought you were going for a stealth Keenan Wynn theme, but then that was proven false.

"The Keenan Wynn comes blowin' in..."

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Noxville posted:

References to The Last Supper are the laziest thing of all.

Even the Sopranos, which usually had really well done posters, resorted to a "Last Supper" tableau once and it looked pretty bad.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Yeah, I was really disappointed when they did that, because their ensemble tableau things were always on point.

Starting with season three, they were done by Annie Leibovitz. And they were fantastic.

Some examples: (spoilers for a show that ended almost ten years ago, obviously)

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Why does it say "Cow" in the background? Is that the new villain?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

rawillkill posted:

It says Adri Cowan, as do all the others. Since only one of these will be picked

https://twitter.com/AdriCowan/with_replies

Now I'm disappointed.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Even the kid on the right is shaking his head at this.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Rirse posted:

Japan seems to really love Robocop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pOoSe2K5DU

*turn off the unfunny annotations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Afr0xwde0Aw

Skip ahead to 1:30 or so.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Antti posted:

This feels so redundant when we have Man on Wire. I mean we have footage of it actually taking place and all the principal players talking about the event from their point of view. It's not a forgotten historical event that no one has immortalized on the screen yet.

I guess it will look vertigo-inducing on IMAX and 3D.

Edit: Oh, it will be by Zemeckis. That makes perfect sense, and it'll probably be "good enough"

I was about to post the exact same thing.

And I could swear I've only seen the alternate poster for that movie in the theaters near me. It doesn't give you the slightest clue as to what the movie is actually about, just "inspired by a true story". Then again, I live in New York City, and I guess they were afraid it was TOO SOON for that poster.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Everybody just go to Youtube and look at the trailer for The Walk. It is incredibly tasteless.

There, towards the end you can see the exact poster I was talking about earlier. It has silhouettes of several men and women walking on what looks like a grated platform. Now I realize that it's supposed to be one of the towers, but it doesn't look anything like it and Philippe Petit was one dude. There's nothing that even hints at what the movie is actually about. Unless, again, they decided to make an alternate poster in case people got all pissed off about it, especially in my area.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Kramjacks posted:

Until I read your post I thought it said "Disney Project" like it was just a placeholder until they came up with a name.

That's what I thought. Or that it was a parody Photoshop.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Jay Rust posted:

I had never heard of Richie Rich on Netflix.

What a cool dude!!!

Everything about this image, except for the "NETFLIX" looks like a VHS cover from 1995.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Jokes about political incorrectness in TYOOL2015???

Stop doing this, you loving tyool.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

The MSJ posted:

Firestorm

QUACKTASTIC posted:

Old guy in the back getting ready to make some toast.

Philip Seymour Hoffman must be hungry in hell.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
So is it hot garbage or wet garbage?

EDIT: Never mind, I missed the butt sucking.

Pope Corky the IX fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Jun 27, 2015

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Wendell posted:

"Are you now or have you ever been TRUMBO" is possibly the worst tagline of all time.

"Are you now or have you ever been..." refers to the text in the background. "a loyalist", "a Stalinist", "a traitor", "a husband", etc. They just did a really lovely job of getting that across, so instead it comes off as "Are you now or have you ever been...TRUMBO"

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Party Boat posted:

What kind of monster doesn't identify with Godzilla?!

Mothra?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Tomero_the_Great posted:

heres somethin i whipped up just for laughs... if you are offended by this i am sorry

Until today I never really thought about Lenny Kravitz and bears.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
How do you properly credit a ghost anyway? Wouldn't any payment go to their estate?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Costas Mandlyor is like the dictionary definition of a working actor. I wonder if being in all those Saw movies ever gave him a break.

But that's Louis Mandylor...

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

http://youtu.be/xRvsApQ6CaA

EDIT: EMBEDDING :argh:

Pope Corky the IX fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Sep 14, 2015

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Mister Chief posted:

Rocky 7: Adrian's Revenge

Rocky 8: The Ghost Dimension

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

This poster is loving gross

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I remember a Star Wars EU book I read back in middle school where Jabba the Hutt's cousin commissioned the designer of the original Death Star to build another one that didn't require living space, just a floating super weapon. It ended up looking like a giant lightsaber, so it was christened "Darksaber" which I think was also the name of the book.

How many EU stories were about a new Death Star or a bigger Star Destroyer?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Palpek posted:

And how many actual movie Star Wars stories weren't?

Six out of eight?

Not sure what you're getting at

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Palpek posted:

I'm saying there's already a lot of Death Stars in real Star Wars so in the EU where every Mos Eisley cantina patron shown for half a second has an epic story involving a number of main Star Wars characters you can probably quadruple the number.

Also it's 4 out of 8.

Okay, I thought it was a way of you saying "Let's get back to movie talk"

And really? Four out of eight? There was a Death Star in IV and VI, but what else?

Disclaimer: I lost interest in Star Wars real fast after I & II. I've never seen III, VII, or Rogue One.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Improbable Lobster posted:

The only good thing about the Darksaber was that it exploded itself the first time they tried firing it. gently caress, the EU was such garbage.

I completely forgot about that, and it's pretty goddamn funny and perfect.

I remember another book where some robotics company implanted bombs in all the droids and they started exploding and killing people all over the galaxy. And now I think I may have only ever read two EU books.

Hat Thoughts posted:

VII & Rogue One

Well, that certainly explains it.

EDIT: Wait, you mean they're making another Death Star in VII? Or they just mention it?

Pope Corky the IX fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Feb 23, 2017

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
So why are people telling me to watch VII?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I don't even know what a "decent Star Wars flick" is anymore. But thank you.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Bar Crow posted:

FDA labeling rules say that extruded Star Wars product may be called a decent flick if it contains less than 0.1% rat feces by volume.

I live in NYC and I'm used to the state required amount of rat feces in my food, thank you.

Sir Kodiak posted:

Agreed that Pope Corky should watch The Nice Guys.

My spouse and I have that on our list for this weekend, actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Improbable Lobster posted:

It has neither Stars nor Wars but The Nice Guys is loving excellent so I agree

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiqPmsBYieA