Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

Baggot posted:

Those are pots, not pans.

Potman has very different connotations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

That's not Rob Riggle!?

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

bobkatt013 posted:

If anything it should be Mister Falcon

Yeah but Die Hard 5 takes place in Russia.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

I don't really like Dreamworks and I don't know what Rise of the Guardians is, but I really like that poster.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

I think those five are the best Mondo posters I've ever seen.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

LtKenFrankenstein posted:

Maybe it gets way better in the second half but I've never made it that far. I won't argue that Lugosi and Frye aren't great, but it probably wouldn't even make my top five list of "Movies with Dracula in the title."

It's hard to beat Dracula, Dead and Loving It.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Dick Trauma posted:

Is it too late to remake the movie so it's about this guy? It's pretty much the only one with some life to it.

got milk?

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Pesky Splinter posted:

Urgh.

That last one the worst. First I thought it was to do with the Scarecrow (with "FEAR"), and then it twigged that it's a very bad version of the tubes in Bane's mask. That sort of minimalist approach worked with the Joker, but it's not gonna work with the less familiar Bane.

Oh that's what it's supposed to be. Yeah the mask design that was created specifically for the movie is not nearly recognizable enough for that to work.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Gonz posted:

It's a Nazi werewolf. The redband trailer for that looks hilarious, by the way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rs2m2DJybD4

It looks like they resurrected Scatman Crothers to play him, so that's nice.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

They shouldn't even bother trying to design new Big Trouble posters, nothing will ever be better than the original.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Mister Chief posted:

Have any of you guys ever seen a Tyler Stout poster in real life? Didn't think so. They're not designed to be viewed as 600 x 400 jpgs on a webpage, shocking as that may be.

I don't think it's the resolution that's the problem here...

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Mister Chief posted:

So you've never seen one, got ya.

You're right, I forgot its a magical poster that becomes suddenly clever and thoughtfully designed when viewed with the naked eye. :jerkbag:

Are you him? Are you Tyler Stout? You can tell us.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

scary ghost dog posted:

Christ, I've never been a big fan of those posters but they aren't terrible garbage for stupid idiots. They're still a thousand times better than most Hollywood posters.

Compare them to the original posters of their movies though, they're never as good.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

kiimo posted:

I really like these for a couple reasons. The C-3PO outline has an old-school sci-fi feel to it. His eyes remind me of Metropolis or something.

I immediately thought Iron Giant

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Also it took me a second to realize that C3PO's eyes were the twin moons of Tatooine which then made me like it even more.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

tofes posted:

Twin suns :science:

That's what I meant. Stupid mistake.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Now that I look at a picture of her up close I think I've always been aware of it but I never knew it was a scar. I think I just unconsciously thought it was just a line on her face, like a skin crease or something. Weird, now I feel dumb for not cluing in.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Supercar Gautier posted:

Young Kirk and Young Picard battle over Reese Witherspoon.

Oh my god you're right, he was young Picard (well, his clone), it never dawned on me. :waycool:

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

zenintrude posted:

I'm also 90% sure I've seen that Olivia Munn asset in like 4 other places.

Maybe she just has one facial expression.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

I get wanting to have a cool lens flare thing that illuminates the logo but a fluorescent light? That's the best you can come up with?

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

And the suit is hideous.

Yeah it's like the new Spider-Man suit. It seems to me like they use that texture so it'll look good in HD.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Bruce LaBruce? They successfully invented the gayest name possible.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Gonz posted:

The head of the NRA is named Wayne LaPierre.

That's pretty good, but despite the Carlin joke I think Bruce LaBruce is gayer.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Power of Pecota posted:

Is there anywhere online where this is still available?

Wherever children's crayon scribblings are sold.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Davedave24 posted:

It would own more if the logo were drawn in the same style, though.

That was my first reaction as well, the logo kinda sticks out in a bad way. Other than that it's really cool.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Baron Bifford posted:

How about desaturating the title?

That's actually quite a bit better

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Xenophon posted:

This is incredible - tells you everything about the themes and style of the movie without making some stupid reference to a scene that you'd only get if you'd seen the movie.

Yeah, I agree. A lot of posters and covers in this thread are just clever for the sake of being clever, but this actually tells you a lot about the movie in a visually interesting way.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

The tag line should be "This time we mean it". Pretty cool poster though.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

I've never heard anything confirming this but I've always thought that the poster for The Fly was kindof a ripoff takeoff of the Alien poster.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Rirse posted:

Speaking of Fantasia, I liked this :shroom: poster made for it during the 70s.

Saw another one like this for Alice on the old dvd, but I can't find it on Google.

When it comes to Fantasia I've always liked the simple design, especially with the shiny gold lettering:

Bonus horrible DeviantArt poo poo:

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

lappey posted:

Speaking of Bullet to the Head, I'm in charge of poster placement at my Cinema, and I decided that this was a good idea:

The Skyfall poster should go on the left.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

zenintrude posted:

I know someone who is obsessed with Nothing But Trouble... is this poster purchasable anywhere?

Is his name Frank?

Nothing But Trouble is probably the most bizarre movie I've ever seen. It's totally unique, there's really no movie like it. I won't disagree with people who say it sucks but I definitely think everyone should watch it, it's quite an experience.

Content: I've always loved the poster for Blazing Saddles. It's such a cool design and I love the little touches that people may miss at first glance like the microphone and "Hi I'm Mel, trust me"

Ez fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Jan 18, 2013

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

zenintrude posted:

We know the same person :wink:

I figured. There couldn't be more than one person in the world obsessed with that movie.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Lagoons and their creatures are fine but personally I'd like some good Sasquatch movies.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Robert Denby posted:

I'm having "Mars Needs Moms" flashbacks here.

Man, why do all Dreamworks characters look completely awful in every way?

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Jefferoo posted:

"minimalistfanposters.jpg"

This is pretty indicative of all of the minimalist poster in this thread. It's a neat design and its done really well but I would never hang it on my wall over an official poster.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Wendell posted:

You were not, "e: f;b," you posted that knowing it had already been mentioned so we'd all think you were hell of smart.

How very Tony Stark of him

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Tewratomeh posted:

Wait, there's a new comedy out now with Jim Carrey in it and it actually looks good, and I kinda want to watch it?

The last movie I've seen featuring Jim Carrey was Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, and that was like 8 years ago.

I Love You Phillip Morris was pretty good, you should check that out.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

One big circle with three little circles inside: The Big Lebowski

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Robert Denby posted:

Found a not-bad fan poster:

Wow, I really like that. Good concept, good execution. I'd totally hang that up.