Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Holy poo poo I feel like an idiot - I never noticed the 127 Hours poster design was basically an hourglass!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Cacator posted:

It could be from Hong Kong or Taiwan. Also the languages are different.
100% from Hong Kong. It says a bit at the bottom about it having a simultaneous Japan-Hong Kong release.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

TheJoker138 posted:

Shouldn't Kill Bill 3 be what Tarantino does after Django Unchained?
Hopefully he'll stick to making good movies instead.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Ez posted:

I'll never understand the obsession goons have with fonts. At least it's not comic sans or impact right?
Yeah man, why are people sperging out over typography in a thread largely about graphic design? What's up with that?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Habermann posted:

Wait, is that meant to be a Chinese dragon? If so, please, someone tell me Rob "no, it's OK, I'm half-Filipino" Schneider isn't loving doing yellowface again.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

TheJoker138 posted:

Why does a giant need a handgun?
Things would've gone much better for King Kong if he'd had a handgun.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Yeah, as much as I still have a soft spot for the first Crow film, calling any of them out for being "emo" pretty laughable, because they're all pretty loving emo. At least Lee looked like he was about to murder pretty much everyone as well though.

Professor Clumsy posted:

Never use this image host, they have NWS pop-ups.
Which one is/was it?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

penismightier posted:

Maybe it's time for a Crow-a-thon?
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Not at all. Watch the first one, pretend the rest never happened. Unless you really like watching lovely movies.

Although that said I don't have any particularly negative memories of the TV series.... not any particularly positive ones either, although Mark Dacascos seems a pretty reasonable replacement for Brandon Lee.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

kiimo posted:

The Crow had an 83% fresh rating on release in its defense.

edit: even if Brandon Lee did not.
God drat, right out of the park and halfway across the parking lot

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Desperado Bones posted:

Blind Owl...the photoshopped faces in the poster you posted are hilarious.
Hey now, be fair, Meg Ryan's looked like she was Photoshopped for years now.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Wait, did I wake up in a parallel universe? Dane Cook said something kind of funny? Although Dane Cook calling something else poo poo is some serious pot-kettle territory.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Rough Lobster posted:

I know most people on the internet treat him like he's the antithesis of funny, but he's honestly not a bad comedian by any stretch.
I take it, then, that Vicious Circle was a bad representation of him? Because I've never been as solidly bored by a comedian as I was watching half an hour of that.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Legion of One posted:

[...]
This poster looks like it belongs to a direct to DVD movie and the dwarf to her right looks board as hell.
Seems appropriate, because the trailer looks like it belongs to a direct-to-DVD movie as well.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Desperado Bones posted:

This one?

This trend is going to be one of those things we look back on in 10, 20 years and go "holy poo poo that is so 2010s," like flannel is to the 90s and cocaine is to the 80s.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Campbell has charisma and isn't a terrible actor though.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

oldpainless posted:

Tony Cox is all these spoof movies and he sucks.
I just looked at his IMDB page, and holy poo poo he really is in almost all of them - right back to goddamned I'm Gonna Git You Sucka (which I don't remember sucking, at least).

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Parachute posted:

Why does Diane Keaton wear a scarf all the time? I recently caught "Because I Said So" on TV a few weeks ago and she has her neck covered throughout the entire film.
Old Lady Neck all looking like a de-balled scrotum, ragged wrinkles and flip-flop-flapping about the place as she talks and such.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

kiimo posted:

Does anybody buy that they are looking at each other?
I don't even buy that they're both human beings.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

DNS posted:

Actors of his stature have to take whatever work they can get, unfortunately.
Yeah, but look at the difference between his body of work, Warwick Davis', and Peter Dinklage's. Peter Dinklage picks poo poo that is respectable (although sometimes he's in Tiptoes), and has earned a reputation not as a good dwarf actor, but straight-up as a good actor. Warwick Davis was in Star Wars, the Narnia TV series, Willow, Harry Potter (and Leprechaun, but no-one's perfect). Tony Cox is one of those guys whose career has led to him being basically a giant flashing warning light that a movie is going to suck. It's not his stature that's to blame, it's his agent, his taste, or his terrible financial skills.

sub supau fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Mar 13, 2012

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

zenintrude posted:

The Engrishy tagline is more damning than any of the Photoshopping...

"In seventies, no one could have expected a swedish band to conquer the world"

Hahahaha you're totally right! Let's point and laugh at the non-native speaker of English!

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

The Triumphant posted:

The Cyrillic is "Krai," but I don't know if that means anything or if it's a proper noun. The bit above the title just says "in theaters September 23"
Going by Wikipedia, it sounds like it basically means "the arse-end of nowhere". Or in other words, Siberia, as mentioned above.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Dissapointed Owl posted:

And this

I meant, why did they let this be made public looking like that. :v:
Oh man I had totally forgotten about Keira Knightley's digital boob-job on those.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Literally not even 10 posts ago.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Noxville posted:

The vast majority of these posters have nothing in common besides someone holding a bow and arrow.

Up until the Narnia post, it was pretty much entirely "person aiming arrow roughly toward viewer and looking intense."

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

To give it what little due it deserves, at least they put a word that means "protect" on there.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Why? What's special about the Region 3 version? Since I live in the right region and all....

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Yet it appears as if the German version of the movie is set to star Robert's pudgier brother:

I guess I can't entirely blame them for trying to make his head look less like a foot.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Spatula City posted:

aaaaaah, that's amazing. I need to be watching this movie RIGHT NOW. I can understand why it would be critically panned, but I love that style.
Yeah, Torque kind of fell victim to Poe's Law. Coming in the wake of the first two Fast & Furious movies, which are already loving ridiculous, a lot of people thought Torque was supposed to be serious.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Oh hey it's a movie based on an Internet meme loved by racists because it features a crazy old white man beating the poo poo out of a black guy.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Triple H isn't even in that poster, that's clearly a promotional cardboard cutout of him.

Well, two of them, I guess, looking at the shirt.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Jedit posted:

I just saw the UK version of the Safe poster tonight. Not only has it scrubbed any and all references to the Asian girl, but evidently they've taken your criticism to heart and removed the pictograms from the gun as well.
Not all Chinese/Japanese characters are pictograms. In fact, very few are. They're usually not ideograms either. "Characters" or "logograms" are more accurate.
:goonsay:

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Holy poo poo. I gave no fucks about that movie until reading that spoiler. Now I want to see that film so bad.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

The Triumphant posted:

Man, the idea that Waltz and DiCaprio are starring in a Tarantino take on a Sergio Corbucci western is just like a little present to me from God.
It remains to be seen whether it'll be Kill Bill Tarantino or Inglourious Basterds Tarantino though.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

So after giving that poster for Safe some credit for getting a relevant Chinese character, turns out they thought better of making use of that where people actually speak Chinese.

Spot any other differences?

e: Of course the linguistic and cultural difference has to be considered, but the tagline is pretty bad too:
"A secret code has put a young girl in danger.
Only the most dangerous man in New York can keep her alive."

sub supau fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Apr 16, 2012

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Here's all 8 character posters
Wait gently caress, the RZA's in this movie too!?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Yeah, those are pretty cool, though the text on the Gump poster is the wrong way round.
Except that it's not?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Christ, I can't think of anyone who fits less with those three than Richard Ayoade.

e: And I mean that in the most complementary way to him.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

uPen posted:

Is a poster that's so awful that it's getting publicly mocked still accomplishing it's goal of drawing an audience? I know when I see an awful photoshop hackjob it doesn't make me want to see the film.
99% of the audience neither notices nor cares. Much like the audience for your posting.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

kiimo posted:

Aside from "Experience the Fallout", I really like it.

Supercar Gautier posted:

Hahaha, the super-warm and blown-out lighting on this one really makes it.
"The Cold Light of Day"? I know, let's make it look like a beautiful summer afternoon, like the kind where you just want to skip work and go to the beach, that'll totally work!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

James Cromwell wants to die.
Did he have a stroke or something? Because going by that poster....