Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Rahonavis posted:

And somehow, the things that bother me the most are that (a) sharks aren't dinosaurs dammit and (b) would it have killed them to use a shark skull in the logo?

Sharks don't have skulls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

couldcareless posted:

This is inaccurate as Marty tosses his boots at the bear upon reaching 1887
:goonsay:

:goonsay:

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Crackbone posted:

The effect is all wrong though, as the motion lines on the poster make it look like the ship is flying backwards, away from the viewer.

I'm sure there's a good technobabble reason to explain it though!

It's in reverse.

:smug:

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

User-Friendly posted:

What does the impressiveness of the final product have anything to do with the impressiveness of the means of achieving it?

CGI is terrible and for dumbs. I will accept nothing less than actually detonating a nuclear bomb.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Oblivion looks kinda of neat, but then I remember I already own the Life After People DVD sets.

Y'know, the game wasn't bad, either as a game or an adaption of the Inferno.

But good lord why would you pick the Longfellow translation for the tie-in? It's as stuffed-shirt overwrought as it can possibly be.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Did the second poster get made after Jurassic Park? That's all I can see in the logo.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

I absolutely loved We're Back! as a kid. I refuse to look up anything about it now just in case.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Geekboy posted:

This is almost kind of clever. I don't hate it with a burning passion, just a regular passion.

I hate it cause it looks like the ship is standing on its nose.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

HTJ posted:

Empire of the Sun must be the worst of the bunch.

Isn't the Japanese flag already 'minimalist'?

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Barf Wight posted:

Wow all of that garbage almost makes me want to try doing the worst possible posters in the same style, but I think he's pretty much covered it.

Trivial Pursuit movie poster, or template for garbage?

Spider-Man 2, cause he delivered pizzas at one point.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Kramjacks posted:

Not exactly posters but there are some pretty great film-inspired paintings here http://imgur.com/user/HoYeah/submitted, such as:

Greek Gods vs Alien Invaders is pretty much my ultimate fantasy movie.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Putting "the female version of Die Hard" on the cover of "Hard to Die" seems...redundant, or something.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Liberty Prime was a much better name.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

MisterBibs posted:

I agree. Eureka is a term with a Greek origin, so Greek. And Typhoon is what Japan calls a hurricane, so that's the Japanese one. Did I win?

Only the Russian one makes sense, because everyone remembers Chernobyl. Even if my predictive typing can't spell it.

No, no. Crimson Typhoon = Red Storm = Russia.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

The original Red Dawn is so good. The remake has them pretty much win. gently caress that remake so hard.

Remake? What remake?

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

I like this one:

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Red Bones posted:

Isn't that the one where the moon rocks are actually spiders or something like that?

Some of them, yeah. I liked it, but I think I was the only one. :v:

Byzantine fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Aug 12, 2013

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Not pictured: dinosaurs, birds.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Glamorama26 posted:

Oh come on, a Plesiosaurus counts. Or does it fall into the "Not TECHNICALLY a dinosaur" categories?

In the same sense that a shark is not "technically" a bear, sure.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

I don't know what kicked off this batch of "realistic" space movies, but I'm okay with it!

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Here's a better quality version.

I recently discovered that sequence when looking up Disney songs and holy poo poo.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Mister Chief posted:

Has a sequel that's been set in Europe ever been good?

Ghost Rider 2. :colbert:

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

I'm gonna hold out hope that this will actually be Ghost Rider 3.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Elfface posted:

Apparently, these days the writers and/or Rami claim the butler was supposed to be a figment of Harry's imagination, putting the pieces together about what actually happened. Which is madness, but I sort of believe them? Like, they wanted to have Harry looking over evidence, but then test audiences didn't get it, so they added the butler.

Or they're all morons.

It's subtle, but when Harry talks to the butler earlier in the movie when Peter's there, you can see Peter have a "...who is he talking to?" look on his face.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Lobok posted:

Then where did women even come from?

Hephaestus forged her out of bronze, then Zeus All-Thunderer breathed life into her. The Gods granted her numerous gifts, including a sealed jar, and sent her to Earth as punishment upon men for their use of the fire stolen from Olympus.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I went to see Ghost Rider 2 with like four other guys and three of us fell asleep.

I went to see Ghost Rider 2 and I was the only person in the theater. It was awesome.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

BonoMan posted:

I think there are a lot of them better than the generic official one.

While I like that she's reaching for the Earth in the first one, I think the final poster works better with her getting thrown away from home, instead of being dangled above it. She's not being held up by anything, she's unable to get down.

I think is also fits the whole disorientation thing to have Earth on the side instead of "down".

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

I like how you can see the loving heart right there in the x-ray and they still put it in the wrong place.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

That scene is my favorite Biblical retelling, with Prince of Egypt's The Plagues a close second. Maybe that Exodus movie will bring up something to match, but I doubt it.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

When I worked at Borders in 2010/2011 we made a killing selling books about the upcoming 2012 apocalypse. Between them and the middle aged ladies buying basket fulls of Harlequin Romance Novels we did well.

I'm excited to see what the next APOCALYPSE OH LAWD craze is gonna be. I was too young for the Cold War nuke scares, then it was Y2K, then the 2012 Mayans...c'monnn, what's next?

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

I thought Isla Nublar got blown up by the air force after the unfortunate incident. Am I mixing it up with something?

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Those Godzilla posters are amazing and I wish I could've seen the movie they're advertising instead of Captain Bland vs the Mutos.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Also the pyramid thing is not the Eye of Horus.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Why not just make Sue black too.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Baron von Eevl posted:

... so did The Rock steal that helicopter? I don't remember any missions in that game where you were given a helicopter. There was the one with the jetpack, but I don't remember any helicopter ones.

Nah, the jetpack is for the ending, where the Rock flies into space and turns back time to undo the disaster.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

The flying is the best part of those games in the first place. I remember someone posting something vaguely technical about why the RC missions are so brutal, though, but I already forgot the explanation.

The RC plane controls take from your Pilot skill. But they pop up in San Fierro before the pilot school is unlocked, so unless you stole a plane and flew around enough to get your skill up the hard way or you leave the missions until after you go through the school (which gives 100% pilot skill), the RC plane handles like a tiny drunken cow.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

mind the walrus posted:

That dinosaur probably wears the red bob better than her. I'm also unironically looking forward to when the JP thread gets closed because spergs can't stop arguing over how a dinosaur can run in high heels, even if those heels are biologically built-into the feet.

Dinosaurs (therapods, at least) can totally run in high heels, because their heels never touch the ground anyway.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

If the movie focuses on Assassins vs Templars in the Crusader Holy Land, I'll be interested. If it's Future Dipshit searching for Ancient Aliens Artifacts, not so much.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

Gee, I wonder who the movie is going to side with.

It'll fake everybody out and Superman will kill Batman in the first five minutes and Batman will gently caress off for at least a decade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Angry Alvin: Road Chip